Community Forum

XR15 & Audio Device

Highlighted
New Poster

XR15 & Audio Device

Hi

I am using the XR15 with a Pioneer 1122 receiver. The receiver is in another room/closet that I don’t have line of sight to. The remote works fine with the tv and the xfinity set top box and I can control the volume if I point the remote directly at the receiver in the closet.

So I am hoping to avoid using 2 remotes but due to line of sight... I can’t control the volume.

Appreciate any help if someone has figured out how to address this.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: XR15 & Audio Device

You would need an IR device to hook to your receiver

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Any recommendations of what would work?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Not offhand, search google or amazon for I/R emitters that are compatible with your receiver

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

If the receiver is connected via HDMI you may be able to enable HDMI CEC on the TV and receiver and configure the remote to only control the TV volume - which will then contol the receiver volume over HDMI control.

Silver Problem Solver

@Rsahota wrote:
Hi

I am using the XR15 with a Pioneer 1122 receiver. The receiver is in another room/closet that I don’t have line of sight to. The remote works fine with the tv and the xfinity set top box and I can control the volume if I point the remote directly at the receiver in the closet.

So I am hoping to avoid using 2 remotes but due to line of sight... I can’t control the volume.

Appreciate any help if someone has figured out how to address this.

I have an older Samsung 3D TV.  It comes with a LOT of buttons.   I have to use it for the things my XR11 and XR15 remotes can't do.

I used this to program my remotes;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@Rsahota wrote:
Any recommendations of what would work?

I have one of these, and it worked just fine. The IR port for my soundbar was on the main console, on the floor, behind an obstacle, so I used this cable to relay the IR to the soundbar so I could control the volume. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!