Community Forum

XR15 Remote is missing the “Replay” button

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: XR15 Remote is missing the “Replay” button

I've been trying Exit Exit Exit 0030 on one remote and it's not taking this time. Is there some trick to keep this from resetting to its default?
Highlighted
Expert

@user736258 wrote:
I've been trying Exit Exit Exit 0030 on one remote and it's not taking this time. Is there some trick to keep this from resetting to its default?

it is not programming the remote it is programming the set top box. if the 30 forward/15 flashback is not working reboot the box. generally this is caused after first boot with a new firmware version.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The reboot of the box fixed the issue. Thank you.

Highlighted
New Poster

OMG - You made my day!  I was watching NFL yesterday and going nuts without it.  Thank you...Elizabeth

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Seriously. They should have kept that feature. I use it all the time!! Along with “last” which would take you to the last channel watched.
Highlighted
Expert

@ErikMpls wrote:
Seriously. They should have kept that feature. I use it all the time!! Along with “last” which would take you to the last channel watched.

last is the left arrow button to left of blue microphone button. to make the page up/page down buttons work like replay press exit exit exit 0030 (quickly). that programs the set top box not the remote). then page up is 30 seconds, page down is back 15 seconds.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

i just changed from DTV where I used the 30 second advance which I liked but programming A B C D butons not programmable on the XR15 remote and  especially a button to select recordings. Of course Xfinity still a better choice.

Highlighted
Expert

@Ponyman2 wrote:

i just changed from DTV where I used the 30 second advance which I liked but programming A B C D butons not programmable on the XR15 remote and  especially a button to select recordings. Of course Xfinity still a better choice.

you can use the remote to set top box to see the page up as 30 second forward and the page down as 15 seconds. watching live TV, press quickly exit exit exit 0030  - you will go into a menu but just hit exit. play back a recording and see the 30/15.

Highlighted
New Poster

Why isn't anyone talking about the missing DVR button? Who wants to hit the Xfinity button, navigate over from whichever choice is highlighted and hit enter?

My URC remote had a DVR button and an ON DEMAND button for my last comcast box. Can't seem to find those IR codes for the new X15 box/remote combo.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Neither Voice Remote has that button, it’s not necessary when you can use voice commands and say “Recordings”

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Just got the new remote - appreciate the 0030 trick in this thread, but I do occasionally like to use the 5 minute skip options with the page up/down buttons, so it’s not really an adequate solution.

Luckily I still have the old remote and can keep using that. But I do like the feel of the new remote and would like to be able to use it - really a bummer that this was needlessly taken out.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@Wattentheworld wrote:
Just got the new remote - appreciate the 0030 trick in this thread, but I do occasionally like to use the 5 minute skip options with the page up/down buttons, so it’s not really an adequate solution.

Luckily I still have the old remote and can keep using that. But I do like the feel of the new remote and would like to be able to use it - really a bummer that this was needlessly taken out.

Have you seen this?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I too LOVED the quick replay option, and wanted to know how to fix the issue & lack of button on the new remote...hince why I am here. The exit x3 then Code 0030 does indeed work. It does look like you're trying to bring the channel list window up, however if you just exit out of that, then press the page down button....it works. Now I just have to retrain my brain and 2nd nature process to work when wanting to use this feature. To comment on your "A,B,C,D" quick link buttons, I too only use ONE...and its "C" for the sports app...which side note; Comcast nailed perfectly. I didnt read through all of the comments and I'm unaware if you're issue was resolved or not, so apologies if this reply only serves up a plate of redundancy.
Highlighted
New Poster

Exit Exit Exit 0030 worked fine for me! And since it acually sets a function in the set top box, setting it once it enabled it for not only my Xr15, but the Pg-Up and Pg-Dn buttons on the older Xr11 by my wife's chair work as well!

Highlighted
New Poster

Yeah, why can't we have both the 15-second rewind and the ability to do 5 minutes forward & back, like before? This is seriously one of the most brainless decisions I've ever heard of from Comcast, and that's saying a lot! Why take away literally one of the most used buttons on the remote when no one was asking for that?! It's like they're now actively trying to get people to cut the cord.

Highlighted
Expert

@asuga wrote:

Yeah, why can't we have both the 15-second rewind and the ability to do 5 minutes forward & back, like before? This is seriously one of the most brainless decisions I've ever heard of from Comcast, and that's saying a lot! Why take away literally one of the most used buttons on the remote when no one was asking for that?! It's like they're now actively trying to get people to cut the cord.

with voice control you have any time you like. try 'forward one minute 25 seconds' or "forward 100 seconds"

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

“Exit Exit Exit” does nothing in my remote. Absolutely nothing. I tried doing it very quickly and every which way. Is there another way to get it to 30 seconds? Mine is 5 minutes and it’s a brand new remote given to me today. Thanks
A3158D8F-F320-4841-9738-8578D6BA2324.jpeg
Highlighted
Expert

@Anon194601 wrote:
“Exit Exit Exit” does nothing in my remote. Absolutely nothing. I tried doing it very quickly and every which way. Is there another way to get it to 30 seconds? Mine is 5 minutes and it’s a brand new remote given to me today. Thanks

the 'setting' is to the set top box not the remote. while watching live TV press exit exit exit 0030

it will bring up a menu just hit exit. now the page forward will be 30 seconds the page back will be 15 seconds.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

thanks - for the 3 x exit 0030 - it works

but WHO the HECK designed this remote and the 2 millimeter buttons on this remote ?

the center ENTER button is ridiculously tiny - I need to use my thumbnail to press - pretty sure it will not last long

but thanks for the code 🙂

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@dad707 wrote:

thanks - for the 3 x exit 0030 - it works

but WHO the HECK designed this remote and the 2 millimeter buttons on this remote ?

the center ENTER button is ridiculously tiny - I need to use my thumbnail to press - pretty sure it will not last long

but thanks for the code 🙂

I won't use the XR15 because of the design.  And the XR11 seems to do the same things.

And I can get free XR11's at my Xfinity Store.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

You're right, but it was still faster to hit the instant replay button.
Highlighted
Expert

@Cwatson1282 wrote:
You're right, but it was still faster to hit the instant replay button.

would you like a 15 second flashback button (page down) and 30 second flash forward with xr11/xr15 remote? if so while watching live TV with no menu on the screen press quickly in order exit exit exit 0 0 3 0  ---> you will see a 'menu' start a search but hit exit button to remove. this programs the set top box 'not' the remote itself. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I’m so excited!!!!! It works!!! It works!!!!
Highlighted
New Poster

Awesome. Works just like you said. Is there a way to set forward at 3 min and back .05 secs?
Highlighted
Expert

@RkXfintyUsr wrote:
Awesome. Works just like you said. Is there a way to set forward at 3 min and back .05 secs?

no just the 2 options. BTW you are actually programming the set top box, not the remote.

Highlighted
New Poster

What screen should the tv be on when I try this? It didn’t work for me.
Highlighted
Expert

@Clyde13 wrote:
What screen should the tv be on when I try this? It didn’t work for me.

you should be on live TV with no menu showing. when you finish doing the code you will be on a menu but just hit exit. then try page up/page down (30 seconds forward, 15 seconds backward.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It works!

😁Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Highlighted
New Poster

Agree, the XR11 is vastly superior to the new XR15 remote.  I'll never understand why companies make dumb decisions and break what's working perfectly fine.  

Highlighted
Expert

@Kavanyo wrote:

Agree, the XR11 is vastly superior to the new XR15 remote.  I'll never understand why companies make dumb decisions and break what's working perfectly fine.  

are you using an xr15 and want to activate the set top box feature of rewind 15 seconds/FF 30 seconds?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Pressing the exit button three times and then typing in 0030 will restore the 15 second rewind function, but apparently only for pre-recorded programs. It will not work to rewind live TV, it appears. Does anyone have a way to program a single button 15 secondRewind for live TV?
Highlighted
Expert

@tehannah wrote:
Pressing the exit button three times and then typing in 0030 will restore the 15 second rewind function, but apparently only for pre-recorded programs. It will not work to rewind live TV, it appears. Does anyone have a way to program a single button 15 secondRewind for live TV?

that code is not programming the remote it changes the setting in that particular set top box. the down (back 15 seconds) and up (forward 30 seconds) works on both recordings and live TV (forward for live is only possible if you are back in the area you can rewind live TV). 

Highlighted
Contributor

Completely agree with all you said!  I don't like the new remote.  Not as ergonomic.  Harder to press the buttons for someone with arthritis.  I'm going to see if I can program the old remote with the new box that came today.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I agree with everything said here.  I do not like the new XR15 remote.  I have a really hard time hitting the 'OK/Enter' button with it being so tiny and having long nails.  The code worked to program the page up/down buttons but removing the replay so that we could have that for a quick back (I think it was 30 seconds not the 15 we get here) and still have the larger jumps for page up/down is just a horrible option to make us decide between.  Also, I agree that the ABCD buttons are rarely used.  I did actually use the A button a lot on my remote because I have issues with my settop box freezing on me at times and that seems to help unfreeze it but being able to configure them for our most needed features would be great or add in buttons for CC on/off and shortcut buttons to immediately pull up Amazon, Hulu, Netflix.   I know we can use the voice control button for that but sometimes it takes a few pushes of the voice button to get it to respond and it doesn't always understand what you're trying to say.  I'd love to configure the ABCD buttons for the shortcuts to my most used streaming apps.  

Highlighted
New Poster

YES! THIS! ALL OF THIS!! BRING BACK THE REPLAY BUTTON!!!

Highlighted
Expert

@TravisS13 wrote:

YES! THIS! ALL OF THIS!! BRING BACK THE REPLAY BUTTON!!!

the page down button can be assigned 15 seconds 'back' (page up will be 30 seconds forward. using the remote, program the set top box by hitting exit exit exit 0030  quickly. the screen will appear to be selecting a channel search. hit exit and test by rewinding live TV.