Community Forum

XR15 Remote is missing the “Replay” button

New Poster

XR15 Remote is missing the “Replay” button

I just got the new XR15 remote, after spending a few minutes looking over the remote and not finding the 15-second “Replay” button, I started just poking on and around it hoping that it was just relabeled. After not finding it, I looked up an FAQ online that said it was “removed on this remote due to customer feedback, as well as an effort to provide more functionality with fewer buttons.”

Regarding the effort to provide fewer buttons, they kept the lettered A, B, C, and D buttons that were on the XR11 remote (and never used) on the XR15 remote (which they will still never be used), there are four A, B, C, and D letter labeled buttons around the direction pad.

A - Instant access to Help settings. (Settings I rarely need to get to, and can get to easily through the Xfinity button on that rare occasion.)

B - Instant access to Accessibility Settings. (See button A. These are settings I’ll rarely, if ever, need to access, and that can be easily accessed through the Xfinity button and Settings)

C - Launches Sports app and scores. (A button I will never use.)

D - Deletes a single DVR recording or multiple recording in a folder. (Another button I'll never use. Deleting can easily be done and should be done within the recordings list and interface, it doesn’t need a dedicated button)

So, in an effort to provide fewer buttons and more functionality, we have four dedicated, non-customizable buttons on the remote that will rarely, if ever, be used.

As for the one button that was used the most on the XR11 remote? The 15-second rewind-Replay button? It’s gone. Jeez.

I’m guessing that the customer feedback was a survey that asked if people used the replay button, to which people not knowing what it was said “No.”, and the people that do know what it is said, “Yes, all the time, in every show I watch!”. Apparently, the ignorant people who didn't know what the button was for won out over the people who actually use the button.

Here are my three most used functions that could actually benefit from a one-click shortcut button. “Replay”, “Recording List”, “Closed-Captioning On/Off”, but instead, these functions needed and still need multiple button presses to get to, and now the Replay function is nonexistent.

If these A, B, C, D buttons were customizable, and I could program them to my most used functions, things would be better, but dedicating them to rarely, if ever used functions, and removing the most used button on the new XR15 remote, makes the entire remote worthless. I’m going back to the XR11 remote.

Xfinity, if you’re listening, make those A, B, C, D buttons programmable in the settings, otherwise, this XR15 remote is useless.

If anyone knows of a secret or hidden trick to do a 15-second replay with the XR15 remote, please let me know.

Official Employee

Re: XR15 Remote is missing the “Replay” button

Set your remote to 30 second skip, press exit 3 times and 0030. Pg up is 30 seconds ahead and pg down is 15 seconds back. A forum search would’ve saved a lot of heartache and typing.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

What if I did that and decided later to set it back to the default? How would I do that? Thanks.
Silver Problem Solver

@Anon1464678 wrote:
What if I did that and decided later to set it back to the default? How would I do that? Thanks.

Google:

"For remotes without a Setup button (XR15 version of the X1 Voice Remote): Press and hold the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons on the remote for three seconds until the status LED changes from red to green. Enter 9-8-1 on the remote. If the status LED blinks blue twice, you have successfully reset your remote."

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

The default is 5 minutes. Exit 3 times and 0500

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

As a Comcast employee, do you think it’s smart to give help while being condescending?