Thraex's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, January 11th, 2019 3:00 PM

Closed

XR15 Remote is missing the “Replay” button

I just got the new XR15 remote, after spending a few minutes looking over the remote and not finding the 15-second “Replay” button, I started just poking on and around it hoping that it was just relabeled. After not finding it, I looked up an FAQ online that said it was “removed on this remote due to customer feedback, as well as an effort to provide more functionality with fewer buttons.”

Regarding the effort to provide fewer buttons, they kept the lettered A, B, C, and D buttons that were on the XR11 remote (and never used) on the XR15 remote (which they will still never be used), there are four A, B, C, and D letter labeled buttons around the direction pad.

A - Instant access to Help settings. (Settings I rarely need to get to, and can get to easily through the Xfinity button on that rare occasion.)

B - Instant access to Accessibility Settings. (See button A. These are settings I’ll rarely, if ever, need to access, and that can be easily accessed through the Xfinity button and Settings)

C - Launches Sports app and scores. (A button I will never use.)

D - Deletes a single DVR recording or multiple recording in a folder. (Another button I'll never use. Deleting can easily be done and should be done within the recordings list and interface, it doesn’t need a dedicated button)

So, in an effort to provide fewer buttons and more functionality, we have four dedicated, non-customizable buttons on the remote that will rarely, if ever, be used.

As for the one button that was used the most on the XR11 remote? The 15-second rewind-Replay button? It’s gone. Jeez.

I’m guessing that the customer feedback was a survey that asked if people used the replay button, to which people not knowing what it was said “No.”, and the people that do know what it is said, “Yes, all the time, in every show I watch!”. Apparently, the ignorant people who didn't know what the button was for won out over the people who actually use the button.

Here are my three most used functions that could actually benefit from a one-click shortcut button. “Replay”, “Recording List”, “Closed-Captioning On/Off”, but instead, these functions needed and still need multiple button presses to get to, and now the Replay function is nonexistent.

If these A, B, C, D buttons were customizable, and I could program them to my most used functions, things would be better, but dedicating them to rarely, if ever used functions, and removing the most used button on the new XR15 remote, makes the entire remote worthless. I’m going back to the XR11 remote.

Xfinity, if you’re listening, make those A, B, C, D buttons programmable in the settings, otherwise, this XR15 remote is useless.

If anyone knows of a secret or hidden trick to do a 15-second replay with the XR15 remote, please let me know.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I've been trying Exit Exit Exit 0030 on one remote and it's not taking this time. Is there some trick to keep this from resetting to its default?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@user736258 wrote:
I've been trying Exit Exit Exit 0030 on one remote and it's not taking this time. Is there some trick to keep this from resetting to its default?

it is not programming the remote it is programming the set top box. if the 30 forward/15 flashback is not working reboot the box. generally this is caused after first boot with a new firmware version.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

The reboot of the box fixed the issue. Thank you.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

OMG - You made my day!  I was watching NFL yesterday and going nuts without it.  Thank you...Elizabeth

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Seriously. They should have kept that feature. I use it all the time!! Along with “last” which would take you to the last channel watched.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@ErikMpls wrote:
Seriously. They should have kept that feature. I use it all the time!! Along with “last” which would take you to the last channel watched.

last is the left arrow button to left of blue microphone button. to make the page up/page down buttons work like replay press exit exit exit 0030 (quickly). that programs the set top box not the remote). then page up is 30 seconds, page down is back 15 seconds.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

i just changed from DTV where I used the 30 second advance which I liked but programming A B C D butons not programmable on the XR15 remote and  especially a button to select recordings. Of course Xfinity still a better choice.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Ponyman2 wrote:

i just changed from DTV where I used the 30 second advance which I liked but programming A B C D butons not programmable on the XR15 remote and  especially a button to select recordings. Of course Xfinity still a better choice.

you can use the remote to set top box to see the page up as 30 second forward and the page down as 15 seconds. watching live TV, press quickly exit exit exit 0030  - you will go into a menu but just hit exit. play back a recording and see the 30/15.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Why isn't anyone talking about the missing DVR button? Who wants to hit the Xfinity button, navigate over from whichever choice is highlighted and hit enter?

My URC remote had a DVR button and an ON DEMAND button for my last comcast box. Can't seem to find those IR codes for the new X15 box/remote combo.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Neither Voice Remote has that button, it’s not necessary when you can use voice commands and say “Recordings”

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Just got the new remote - appreciate the 0030 trick in this thread, but I do occasionally like to use the 5 minute skip options with the page up/down buttons, so it’s not really an adequate solution.

Luckily I still have the old remote and can keep using that. But I do like the feel of the new remote and would like to be able to use it - really a bummer that this was needlessly taken out.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I too LOVED the quick replay option, and wanted to know how to fix the issue & lack of button on the new remote...hince why I am here. The exit x3 then Code 0030 does indeed work. It does look like you're trying to bring the channel list window up, however if you just exit out of that, then press the page down button....it works. Now I just have to retrain my brain and 2nd nature process to work when wanting to use this feature. To comment on your "A,B,C,D" quick link buttons, I too only use ONE...and its "C" for the sports app...which side note; Comcast nailed perfectly. I didnt read through all of the comments and I'm unaware if you're issue was resolved or not, so apologies if this reply only serves up a plate of redundancy.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Exit Exit Exit 0030 worked fine for me! And since it acually sets a function in the set top box, setting it once it enabled it for not only my Xr15, but the Pg-Up and Pg-Dn buttons on the older Xr11 by my wife's chair work as well!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Yeah, why can't we have both the 15-second rewind and the ability to do 5 minutes forward & back, like before? This is seriously one of the most brainless decisions I've ever heard of from Comcast, and that's saying a lot! Why take away literally one of the most used buttons on the remote when no one was asking for that?! It's like they're now actively trying to get people to cut the cord.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@asuga wrote:

Yeah, why can't we have both the 15-second rewind and the ability to do 5 minutes forward & back, like before? This is seriously one of the most brainless decisions I've ever heard of from Comcast, and that's saying a lot! Why take away literally one of the most used buttons on the remote when no one was asking for that?! It's like they're now actively trying to get people to cut the cord.

with voice control you have any time you like. try 'forward one minute 25 seconds' or "forward 100 seconds"

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here