Community Forum

XR voice remote

Highlighted
New Poster

XR voice remote

I have a new Xi box and XR15 remote. I finally figured out how to pair the remote and now have control over power and sound. I had to go online to find instructions because the ones with the remote are wrong- there is no setup button and pushing Xfinity plus info does not work. (maunfacturer needs to fix what they include with this remote!) I have not figured out how to get the voice to work. I push the mic and there is no green light on remote and no mic on the screen as I have read should happen. The instructions I have read in another, older thread here says I need to do a separate pairing for this to the box? it also said to hold xfinity and Info buttons- but that does not work. I tried  like I did before with the mute instead and it took me to same screen as pairing the TV, which was already done. I am confused and without voice control still, Frustrating.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: XR voice remote

@biomom200 wrote:

I have a new Xi box and XR15 remote. I finally figured out how to pair the remote and now have control over power and sound. I had to go online to find instructions because the ones with the remote are wrong- there is no setup button and pushing Xfinity plus info does not work. (maunfacturer needs to fix what they include with this remote!) I have not figured out how to get the voice to work. I push the mic and there is no green light on remote and no mic on the screen as I have read should happen. The instructions I have read in another, older thread here says I need to do a separate pairing for this to the box? it also said to hold xfinity and Info buttons- but that does not work. I tried  like I did before with the mute instead and it took me to same screen as pairing the TV, which was already done. I am confused and without voice control still, Frustrating.

point the remote at the set top box while very near it. press the A button and select set up remote control.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!