Community Forum

XG1v4 Progress Bar

ThomT
Regular Contributor

XG1v4 Progress Bar

Just got an XG1v4-A.  After initial setup, the progress bar was missing on all live and recorded programs.  I contacted support, they forced a re-boot and the progress bar came back.

Today, I did a system refresh , just for grins and giggles.  The progress bar was gone again.  I did a re-boot and it came back.

Is anyone else seeing this quirk?

RobertWy
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 Progress Bar

@ThomT wrote:

Just got an XG1v4-A.  After initial setup, the progress bar was missing on all live and recorded programs.  I contacted support, they forced a re-boot and the progress bar came back.

Today, I did a system refresh , just for grins and giggles.  The progress bar was gone again.  I did a re-boot and it came back.

I found this:

I don't know if this has been posted or not but I noticed 2 new features under the Comcast labs settings.
The first one is the "New video playback controls" which when turned on gets rid of the progress bar that stayed
on the screen for about 6-7 seconds whenever you change a channel. Another is the "Auto pad recordings" that
automatically starts a recording 1 minute early and adds 3 minutes to the end of the program. I noticed alot of times
in the past a show would get cut off before the end of the recording.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
ThomT
Regular Contributor

Re: XG1v4 Progress Bar

@ThomT wrote:

I managed to downgrade to an XG1v3 and still have the progress bar issue as described above.  Both DVRs were using software version 103.0.1, dated 08/29/19