Community Forum

XG1v4 HDMI Port, is it HDMI 2.1?

Highlighted
New Poster

XG1v4 HDMI Port, is it HDMI 2.1?

Hi, I'm about to purchase a new OLED TV with 4 HDMI 2.1 ports.  In researching if I would need a special cable for HMDI 2.1, it got me wondering if the XG1v4 DVR box has an HDMI 2.1 port.  It is the only DVR box for 4K HDR according to Xfinity.  While the 2.1 is designed for 8K and gaming, it does support 4K at 120Hz refresh rates, which my new TV will have.  So what is the HDMI port on the XG1v4? 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: XG1v4 HDMI Port, is it HDMI 2.1?

@Kwgrant01 wrote:

Hi, I'm about to purchase a new OLED TV with 4 HDMI 2.1 ports.  In researching if I would need a special cable for HMDI 2.1, it got me wondering if the XG1v4 DVR box has an HDMI 2.1 port.  It is the only DVR box for 4K HDR according to Xfinity.  While the 2.1 is designed for 8K and gaming, it does support 4K at 120Hz refresh rates, which my new TV will have.  So what is the HDMI port on the XG1v4? 

your current cables will work fine with the xg1v4 HDMI 2 (.0 or .1  whichever is in use). there is no need for higher speed cables at this time as the sources (like cable box) are maxed out 4k60UHD. If you are buying new cables they are readily available. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!