Community Forum

XG1v4-A cable out port

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

XG1v4-A cable out port

For years I have had the cable out port on my XG1v4-A feeding an old TV in my basement gym. Yesterday the basement TV showed No Signal, so I reset the XG1v4-A upstairs and it started working again. This morning again the basement TV shows No Signal. Did Comcast start blocking the Cable Out port? What has changed?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: XG1v4-A cable out port

@atpratt wrote:

For years I have had the cable out port on my XG1v4-A feeding an old TV in my basement gym. Yesterday the basement TV showed No Signal, so I reset the XG1v4-A upstairs and it started working again. This morning again the basement TV shows No Signal. Did Comcast start blocking the Cable Out port? What has changed?

the cable in port on the old TV or the TV's tuner may be the issue. have another old TV to put on it to test?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Double check that the tv is still physically on Ch3 and hasn’t changed off that input

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Let us know if you're still having trouble after attempting what has been recommended here so far, atpratt. We want to make this gets fixed/figured out for you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!