Rescuecheck's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, March 14th, 2018 7:00 PM

Closed

XG1v4 4k DVR no signal to TV blue screen

Works fine until I switch HDMI input to other source like Xbox or Blu-ray then when I switch back to XG1v4 the TV displays a blue screen. I have to manually disconnect the HDMI cable from the back of the XG1v4 and plug it back in to watch my TV shows. I believe this is being caused by a failed HDCP "handshake" between the XG1v4 and my Samsung KS8500. Since this started happening only after upgrading from the old X1 DVR to the new XG1v4, I have to blame the newest component. I read another post on blue screen issues and laughed when the "service expert" suggested a short with the TV. Please don't insult me like that. And yes, I've already disconnected power and coaxial cable and waited 5 minutes and reconnected and It still does it. I swapped HDMI cords to a high quality cable, and tried different HDMI inputs on the TV. I don't think I should have to "trick" the XG1v4 to re-establish signal with my TV by pulling the HDMI cable every time it blue screens.

What's the solution?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I just went to Expert Settings on my Samsung TV and turned off CEC. I’ll monitor to see if there is a reoccurrence of the Blue Screen and report back. 

Great thread by the way. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I assume you have a UHD 4K set?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hi, AutumnLake. I want to help. I need to look into your account. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here