Community Forum

XG1V4 noise question

khanson3
Contributor

XG1V4 noise question

Every since I got a 4k TV in September and got a 4k box. The first one was very hot to touch and was restarting every day causing my other box not to work. Replaced at store solved first issue. Now second box has high buzzing noise, like a cricket. If I push down on top of box it goes away? My question, are these 4k boxes noisy as my xg1v3?

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: XG1V4 noise question

Shouldn’t be, unfortunately you got 2 bad ones

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Rustyben
Expert

@khanson3 wrote:

Every since I got a 4k TV in September and got a 4k box. The first one was very hot to touch and was restarting every day causing my other box not to work. Replaced at store solved first issue. Now second box has high buzzing noise, like a cricket. If I push down on top of box it goes away? My question, are these 4k boxes noisy as my xg1v3?

did the '4k' boxes you received have a digital clock on the front? were the fronts rectangular with squared edges?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
khanson3
Contributor

No clock, I was just comparing to my XG1v3 before I got my 4k TV...

Rustyben
Expert

@khanson3 wrote:

No clock, I was just comparing to my XG1v3 before I got my 4k TV...

is the front of your '4k' box rectangular or? it sounds like you do not have an xg1v4 4k DVR set top box. has no fan no moving parts hard drive (has an SSD-solid state drive).

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
khanson3
Contributor

th.jpeg-1.jpg

Rustyben
Expert

it just shows a 'triangle' since not approved (will be monday or later to be approved. can you describe? 

is it     

\------------/

\_____/  

like that with green LED on middle bottom front?

khanson3
Contributor

The bottom pic, green light? Its white...

On button of box

XG1v4-A

Model: AX014ANM

Why I'm replying back is crazy????LOL

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Yeah I don’t know why you’re replying either, you’ve pretty much verified the proper equipment. Swap it anytime if you want

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!