Community Forum

X1G4 loud fan/noise even in power saving mode.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

X1G4 loud fan/noise even in power saving mode.

X1G4 cable box has a loud fan/noise that never stops even  in power saving mode.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: X1G4 loud fan/noise even in power saving mode.

Same here. Already one trip to the comcast store to get a new one and the second box is even noisier. Planning on going back again this weekend for a third try but will plug in at the store before I take it home. We upgraded our internet to gigabit and Comcast made us swap our standard, silent cable box with a larger, uglier DVR box (a feature we will never use) that now emits a constant humming sound which fills our living room. Beware the unwanted upgrade!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: X1G4 loud fan/noise even in power saving mode.

@Mgrapisarda wrote:
Same here. Already one trip to the comcast store to get a new one and the second box is even noisier. Planning on going back again this weekend for a third try but will plug in at the store before I take it home. We upgraded our internet to gigabit and Comcast made us swap our standard, silent cable box with a larger, uglier DVR box (a feature we will never use) that now emits a constant humming sound which fills our living room. Beware the unwanted upgrade!

\ ________/

Does your DVR have the shape above with on green LED on the front bottom middle, no clock?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!