Community Forum

X1 remote not working

Highlighted
New Poster

X1 remote not working

The remote is paired with the tv as it turns it on/off, changes volume and brings up the input screen. However, nothing else works like the guide, voice, or set up buttons. The LED is green then turns red immediately.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: X1 remote not working

Did you try restarting your device?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I have the same issue and a restart did not resolve the issue. Doing 45 minutes of “chat support” did not resolve either.
Highlighted
Expert

@Jrm0126 wrote:
I have the same issue and a restart did not resolve the issue. Doing 45 minutes of “chat support” did not resolve either.

if you have power unplugged the set top box and the remote is not controlling the set top box, is your remote blinking both red/gree when you press the xfinity button or channel up/down?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!