Community Forum

X1 dvr not recording series

New Poster

X1 dvr not recording series

My dvr is recording some series but it won’t record any new series that we attempt to. After setting it up it tells us series recording set but in guide and in scheduled recordings they won’t show up unless we record the episodes individually. Why can’t we record series??
Official Employee

Re: X1 dvr not recording series

Brian239 wrote:
My dvr is recording some series but it won’t record any new series that we attempt to. After setting it up it tells us series recording set but in guide and in scheduled recordings they won’t show up unless we record the episodes individually. Why can’t we record series??

What's an example, to see if we can replicate it.

New Poster

My wife was trying to record “Tabatha takes over” on Bravo. I have just learned it’s only this show that won’t record series. I can record other series like CSI. Is that something normal?
Official Employee

Tabatha Takes Over is an old show in repeats, is she setting the recording for New Episodes or New and Repeat? It won’t show up under scheduled recordings because it’s not being broadcast at all over the next 2 weeks(except for the episode being broadcast right now).
New Poster

She was doing it for new and repeat. When she was setting it up there was 3 episodes airing right after each other and wouldn’t record them as a series. Only as individual. But maybe it was because it’s not coming on for 2 weeks. Thank you for addressing and answering quickly. I appreciate it!
Official Employee

No problem, if anything else pops up, feel free to post again.
New Poster

Another example:
Set last week and never recorded
Set today and “confirmed” but did not show up in scheduled recordings
Finally tried to record when show started but it would not record
Program is “Story of the Jews “ on pbs. (Local station is kqued)
Valued Contributor

@Laheydon wrote:
Another example:
Set last week and never recorded
Set today and “confirmed” but did not show up in scheduled recordings
Finally tried to record when show started but it would not record
Program is “Story of the Jews “ on pbs. (Local station is kqued)

Try to sync the DVR. If the DVR doesn't sync then the recording will not appear on the scheduled list.

New Poster

DVR has missed recording the first episode of new series several times. Second and forward set up to record and have worked. Not happy.

Silver Problem Solver

@KDMDBM wrote:

DVR has missed recording the first episode of new series several times. Second and forward set up to record and have worked. Not happy.

Can you give us the names that did this?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.