Community Forum

X1 box

Alaskalovr
New Poster

X1 box

Why is my tv box connected to my router?

RobertWy
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 box

@Alaskalovr wrote:

Why is my tv box connected to my router?

How is it connected - ethernet, wifi?

Do you have a wireless X1 box?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

We need as much information as you can give us.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Alaskalovr
New Poster

This box is attached to my secondary rptv. It is an Xi5 p. It is connected by a brown cabke. I don't know what type of connection. I wanted to try to move my router because there is an area of my house that doesn't get a good signal and that is when I saw that this box is also attached to the router.

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

It’s wired in, one of 2 ways to connect an xi5. What internet and X1 equipment do you have? It can be reset and used wirelessly instead with the proper equipment

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Alaskalovr
New Poster

I have the triple play , digital premuere, gigabit internet with a she box in main TV xg1-a box.  Our service is very spotty. Sometimes tests fast other times really sliw. I just bought my husband a weather station that uses internet and it won't stay connected.

Alaskalovr
New Poster

Sorry, auto correct making me crazy!   Super triple play, digital premiere, gigabit internet, DVR box xg1-a. I bought my husband a weather station. It keeps losing signal.