Community Forum

X1 box stuck on “Welcome. Bienvenido. Bienvenue.” No signal cable

Highlighted
New Poster

X1 box stuck on “Welcome. Bienvenido. Bienvenue.” No signal cable

Hi I need advice or help on this situation I have in my X1 cable box still having issues with no signal cable
Highlighted
Expert

Re: X1 box stuck on “Welcome. Bienvenido. Bienvenue.” No signal cable

@Josephine1 wrote:
Hi I need advice or help on this situation I have in my X1 cable box still having issues with no signal cable

do you have more than one set top box? is your internet working properly? Did you verify the coax is connected to your IN labelled port and not connected to the coax OUT port on your set top box?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am experiancing the same issue, it started yesterday. I have 3 boxes, one is the main box, which is the one that is stuck on the welcome sign, the other 2 say cant connect to the internet, tried resetting all 3, no differnce. 

Does this mean it is the 'main box' that is defective, not athe other 2?

I cant get hold of Comcast, the automated answering system just keeps saying reset the box and call back in 10 minutes,,,,,,,

there should be an option to talk to a human being. and that is not an option.

- guess it is back to watching nexflix, the internet does work.

Highlighted
New Poster

I have the same problem. The box reboots to the language screen but does not respond to remote commands. No time is indicated on the box, just 00:00. My telephone and internet works but not the X1 box or the auxillary box.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Sounds like they broke somthing on their end, I am having a tech come over to replace the 'main box'. But it sounds like this is somthing else. I am in Peoria, IL.

I'll update this post with the outcome of the visit. Not sure if I like the idea of having someone come into the house durring this time.

Highlighted
Expert

@oldfart59 wrote:

Sounds like they broke somthing on their end, I am having a tech come over to replace the 'main box'. But it sounds like this is somthing else. I am in Peoria, IL.

I'll update this post with the outcome of the visit. Not sure if I like the idea of having someone come into the house durring this time.

was that outlet working?  are other set top boxes working? if so check the cable connection for tighneess.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Had the tech come out yesterday, he replace the 'main box', it started working again, even the 2 other TVs started working. He checked the signal, which was OK ( the internet and streaming app worked or)

So for some reason the 'main box' broke. All is working now. It had noting to do with connections.

So I suggest everyone ask to get the 'main box' replaced.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This is exactly what I feared. I went through THREE sets of Comcast boxes before they forced me to upgrade to X1 to fix it <Edited>. I was so mad that I just said **** it and went for the upgrade. No surprise, two years later the boxes are once again failing...

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@SugarD-x wrote:

This is exactly what I feared. I went through THREE sets of Comcast boxes before they forced me to upgrade to X1 to fix it <Edited>. I was so mad that I just said **** it and went for the upgrade. No surprise, two years later the boxes are once again failing...

I got the same issue this week with one of my three 4k DVR's.  I replaced it, plugged it in and got the same welcome.

Checked the power cord; it wasn't completely seated in the wall socket.  

DVR powered up normally.

Can't be sure that was the issue; I have a mess of plugs for all my equipment.

Check all wall plugs.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Congrats- I have the same problem but casn't find anyone to complain to- I just get referred to the same old articles that don't apply.  This is really pitiful customer service.  Had to come to customer forums just to learn it's probably a bad box.