CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

hello,

so after this recent update ive found that a recently watched episode does not offe to delete and playte next as mentioned.

However on top of this the deletion bug seems worse. it has been with us since we got x1 (we have had techs, we have replaced cables in the house and we have replaced boxes) bu now the deleted recording stays around and unable to be watched but it also takes up space in the dvr for a recording that was "deleted." can i get some feedback on this please, ive been told that its not a bug and then ive been told that it was a problem that was fixed a long time ago.

have a nice day

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

I'm sure a Comcast person has seen the last few posts and has notified the engineers so they can fix it in the next update or two.

OMG...REALLY? They have ignored the delete prompt issue totally after dozens and dozens of posts so you think they have notified the engineers? When was the last time they fixed something they broke ?

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

An additional twist to the Delete issue that I've seen is that the program seems to delete / isn't listed any more, but the number of episodes of a show remaining on the DVR does not update to reflect it correctly.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm just switching over from u verse and now I feel like I'm going to regret it. I had u verse for almost 4 years. Loved it in the beginning but once I moved to another building nothing but signal lost issues. Att charged me an extra $15 a month just for phone support. Issue worked for about 3 weeks then the same problem returned. Since my contract was up in decided to switch over. Oh well we shall see what happens I guess.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@tctc wrote:

An additional twist to the Delete issue that I've seen is that the program seems to delete / isn't listed any more, but the number of episodes of a show remaining on the DVR does not update to reflect it correctly.

Yep thats been going on for a while for me. Also the 'ghost' delete doesn't fix itself overnight like it used to. I am using 'sync' dvr more and more. While recovery from surgery I have been watching a lot of shows and the shows that won't delete (even with the extra steps required thanks to their latest messup)  is amazingly long.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

Yep thats been going on for a while for me. Also the 'ghost' delete doesn't fix itself overnight like it used to. I am using 'sync' dvr more and more. While recovery from surgery I have been watching a lot of shows and the shows that won't delete (even with the extra steps required thanks to their latest messup)  is amazingly long.

personally, I wish they would add a voice command "sync DVR'.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Sound cuts out every so many minutes gets annoying. Only happens with watching TV does not happen when using the Blueray or watching movines from a usb stick.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@GregRaschke wrote:

Sound cuts out every so many minutes gets annoying. Only happens with watching TV does not happen when using the Blueray or watching movines from a usb stick.

We have had sound and video cutting in and out on Fox and ABC for a year. Its very annoying. Live or recording.

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

The Delete and Watch Next Episode end card issues are fixed in a realease that began rolling out last week. Soon, everyone should see the issue resolved.

Thanks,

Gwen

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi,

The Delete and Watch Next Episode end card issues are fixed in a realease that began rolling out last week. Soon, everyone should see the issue resolved.

Thanks,

Gwen

Thats nice to hear,

Can you tell us if their is any improvement on the recording not dleting nd lingering on the dvr issue?

Thank you

Expert

• 

18K Messages

7 years ago

Post Removed per Forum Guidelines. These can be reviewed here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I am a 20+ year Comcast customer (actually began with Adelphia before the buyout/merger).  Last October, I tried the X1 platform and returned it because I felt I lost more useful features than I gained...at least from my personal viewing habits.  I fully admit to being averse to change, so I can write-off some of my experience to that.  Since I can see the writing on the wall that my current HD-DVR boxes will soon be phased out, I am giving X1 another try.  For those that have had X1 since last October, what can I expect this time around?

Here are a few of the issues I experienced last time:

1. No channel indicator on STB and clock very hard to read (regardless of brightness setting)

2. Guide covers the entire screen (ie. no small window with current show).  I discovered I could press B, but why the extra step every time?

3. No HD Zoom button on the remote.  Pressing HD zoom on my current remote results in Normal, Stretch, Zoom 1 and Zoom 2.  Great feature to zoom on replays in sports

4. No frame-by-frame slow motion (currently I can press pause, then >> to see it in frame by frame slo-mo)

5. Simply entering a channel number and waiting a moment does not change the channel.  Instead I have to click OK before it will change the channel.  Yes, I know it's just one extra click, but the less clicks the better in my book! 🙂

6. FF/Rewind was extremely choppy.  Hitting Play from Pause does not always resume from the paused spot.

7. Guide colors were very tough to read.  The previous blue background was much better.

8. Message about Sports App C was always appearing at the top right for a while.  Just plain annoying.

9. Giant Play/Pause/FF/RWD buttons on the screen that lingered too long.

10. The Favorites feature seemed to have changed.  Currently, after creating my favorites list, I can just click the Fav button on the remote and it will immediately change the channel to one of my favorite channels.  Press Fav again and it will change the channel to the next favorite, etc. etc., basically allowing me to channel surf my favorites with the press of one button.  I seem to recall the X1 did not have that same feature.  Instead, even after assigning my Favorites list, I had to press several buttons before I could move to the next favorite channel. In other words, I could not channel surf my favorites with the push of one button.

Anyway, if anyone can offer insight as to whether those items have been fixed or changed for the better, I would appreciate it. 

Thanks!

Larry

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

7 years ago

@steely4283 wrote:

I am a 20+ year Comcast customer (actually began with Adelphia before the buyout/merger).  Last October, I tried the X1 platform and returned it because I felt I lost more useful features than I gained...at least from my personal viewing habits.  I fully admit to being averse to change, so I can write-off some of my experience to that.  Since I can see the writing on the wall that my current HD-DVR boxes will soon be phased out, I am giving X1 another try.  For those that have had X1 since last October, what can I expect this time around?

1. No channel indicator on STB and clock very hard to read (regardless of brightness setting)

2. Guide covers the entire screen (ie. no small window with current show).  I discovered I could press B, but why the extra step every time?

3. No HD Zoom button on the remote.  Pressing HD zoom on my current remote results in Normal, Stretch, Zoom 1 and Zoom 2.  Great feature to zoom on replays in sports

4. No frame-by-frame slow motion (currently I can press pause, then >> to see it in frame by frame slo-mo)

5. Simply entering a channel number and waiting a moment does not change the channel.  Instead I have to click OK before it will change the channel.  Yes, I know it's just one extra click, but the less clicks the better in my book! 🙂

6. FF/Rewind was extremely choppy.  Hitting Play from Pause does not always resume from the paused spot.

7. Guide colors were very tough to read.  The previous blue background was much better.

8. Message about Sports App C was always appearing at the top right for a while.  Just plain annoying.

10. The Favorites feature seemed to have changed.  Currently, after creating my favorites list, I can just click the Fav button on the remote and it will immediately change the channel to one of my favorite channels.  Press Fav again and it will change the channel to the next favorite, etc. etc., basically allowing me to channel surf my favorites with the press of one button.  I seem to recall the X1 did not have that same feature.  Instead, even after assigning my Favorites list, I had to press several buttons before I could move to the next favorite channel. In other words, I could not channel surf my favorites with the push of one button.

Anyway, if anyone can offer insight as to whether those items have been fixed or changed for the better, I would appreciate it. 

Thanks!

Larry

The guide still does cover the whole screen though there is a button I forget which one it is. It's one of the letter buttons that gives you a picture for a certain period of time. 

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@steely4283 wrote:

Thanks!

Larry

The favorites may have been changed, I don't really use that feature.

I can tell you that none of the actual functionality of the DVR has been improved in 2 years.  And the majority of the forum requests have had no resolution.  And many new bugs have been added.

What you will get is things like Screen Saver options, additional advertising on screen and in the guide, snoozing parental controls, adult badges, a never ending list of features that you may or may not ever use.

Clearly work is being done.  It's just a shame that there's no focus on bringing the DVR experience from the 70s to the modern day.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@steely4283 wrote:

Thanks!

Larry

The favorites may have been changed, I don't really use that feature.

I can tell you that none of the actual functionality of the DVR has been improved in 2 years.  And the majority of the forum requests have had no resolution.  And many new bugs have been added.

What you will get is things like Screen Saver options, additional advertising on screen and in the guide, snoozing parental controls, adult badges, a never ending list of features that you may or may not ever use.

Clearly work is being done.  It's just a shame that there's no focus on bringing the DVR experience from the 70s to the modern day.

I agree! Comcast keeps adding screen fillers and  'fluff'  targeted at certain user demographics and they just won't address the universally used and now broken or removed functions that make up what should be a basic DVR experience for ALL. Would I rather have a choice in screen saver or be able to see a recording go away when I press 'delete now'? Really?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here