Community Forum

X1 Technical Issues

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Moved:

XRE 00021 !!!!! AGAIN and AGAIN

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Message channel not available


@neidamom wrote:

After an electrical outage last night, I cannot get the tv to post anything other than channel not available.  It is not recognizing the remote.  I have reste the gateway once. 

 

Help!  It's the Olympics! 


Is it the cable box with that message or is it the tv? Is the tv on the proper input?

 

The gateway has nothing to do with your X1 box


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

X1 DVR power Saver Mode

Purchased a new Samsung 60" UHD TV when DVR resumes from power saving mode cannot find source signal. I have to reboot the box each time to get the signal back, any suggestions?

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 DVR power Saver Mode

I am guessing it is because you are using the power save on the TV as well.

The power save feature on x1 boxes make virtually no difference. I think a forum member did the math and using the power save feature saved roughly. 05cts per year.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: X1 DVR power Saver Mode

Thanks, I will just leave the DVR on!

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 DVR power Saver Mode

Good plan.

Comcast employees have said that X1 boxes are designed to remain on 24-7-365.

Not sure why they added the "power save" feature because it is pointless.



@rleontejr wrote:

Thanks, I will just leave the DVR on!





Highlighted
New Poster

Re: X1 DVR power Saver Mode

Ok, thanks for the info!

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Still experiencing MLB Extra Innings scrambling. Tonight it was bad on two seperate games. There was like 15 second freezing scrambling messes.

I had Xfinity Home installed yesterday. Could having that installed make the signal scrambling even worse now?

I swapped my old dta for another xiD now too.

So i have :
Xg1
Xg2
2 xiD's.

Xg2 & xiD's are now way faster than my xg1. Any plans for a new main x1 dvr box?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

re: comcast labs "New Video Playback Controls"

 

when above is active and you are watching a live recording in the buffer, the left hand position digital counter is static instead of showing the current position. for example, if current time is 7:45 and you are at the 7:10 point the left side on the progress bar shows only 06:00P instead of the current position of the image being viewed.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

X1 box has slowed to a crawl.

We upgraded to this great, new thing a few months ago. I had to replace the box within a month because it was "corrupted." Now, our second box has slowed to a near standstill. It takes a good 10 seconds to complete basic remote commands(listing the guide, changing channels, using the DVR). 

Is this what I paid more money for??? Do I trade in yet another box? 

Every night I say a prayer that Fios becomes available in our area. I will not hesitate to pull the plug on Comcast. 

Until then, though, I'm stuck with you. Any suggestions? I hope they're better than the last time. 

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 box has slowed to a crawl.

It could be as simple as rebooting all of your X1 boxes.

However, at least a couple times per day, issues similar to yours are discussed this forum. Plenty of information exists on very similar issues. I have said this many times and I will say it again... X1 boxes are different than all other Comcast devices. They need nearly perfect signal levels. What worked for you in the past may not work with X1.

If you are fluent with AV gear you need to do whatever you need to do in order to improve signals such as checking connections and removing unnecessary splitters.

Otherwise be prepared to do what many others have needed to do...call Comcast and have them send a tech out to troubleshoot your installation.


@stevetefft wrote:

We upgraded to this great, new thing a few months ago. I had to replace the box within a month because it was "corrupted." Now, our second box has slowed to a near standstill. It takes a good 10 seconds to complete basic remote commands(listing the guide, changing channels, using the DVR). 

Is this what I paid more money for??? Do I trade in yet another box? 

Every night I say a prayer that Fios becomes available in our area. I will not hesitate to pull the plug on Comcast. 

Until then, though, I'm stuck with you. Any suggestions? I hope they're better than the last time. 


 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 box has slowed to a crawl.

I have repeatedly rebooted. The add-on boxes work much better than the DVR box. 

I'll call a techie. 

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 box has slowed to a crawl.

When X1 boxes are slow or unresponsive it is almost always related to deficient signals.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 box has slowed to a crawl.

I just called Xfinity. The person on the other line checked the equipment and said the problem is "an old modem." My system currently uses a Surfboard SB6141 and a Netgear Nighthawk dual band router(which is very good and has excellent signal strength.). The techie suggested an Xfinity XB3 wireless modem w/built-in router.

Is this the best route or is the techie trying to get me to change to Xfinity equipment just for the sake of doing so?

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 box has slowed to a crawl.

That's a good modem and it is HIGHLY unlikely that is that cause of your problems.

In general your modem has nothing to do X1 service.

Comcast publishes a list of modems they have tested and approved for use on their network. I am 98% sure your modem is on that list.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 box has slowed to a crawl.

I just checked the list and my modem is indeed compatible with X1. If it weren't compatible it never would have worked at all.

Evidently my suspicions were right--the Xfinity phone techie wa trying to get me to use the hometown equipment. I'll keep my current setup but will also keep the scheduled visit--and have everything(signal strength, connections,etc.) checked.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 box has slowed to a crawl.

Bingo.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 box has slowed to a crawl.

I feel like I should report the phone techie for trying to sell me on an unnecessary move. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: RDK-03004

All, we have been on X1 for the last two years, but with the older boxes. Coccast has optimized our install and installed a booster over two years. Again, our signal was great.

We move to these new boxes and we have the same RDK3004 error daily. I am considering moving to the basic cable b/c this is crazy. BTW, it sits at 1pst.

20160815_205325.jpg
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: RDK-03004

The booster that worked for your boxes may not necessarily work for X1. Right now, the dvr that is online, it's upstream signal levels are far out of spec and downstream signal levels barely in spec. Have a tech out to put the proper amp in.


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: error RDK-03003

U think...
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: error RDK-03003

Address the problem plz... Troll
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: error RDK-03003

Just to get things straight here....

RDK-03003 means that particular X1 box is not connecting to the Comcast network. It's up to you where you go from here. If you know how to troubleshoot these sort of things then let us know your results.

Otherwise, call Comcast and have them send a tech out to complete your installation.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: error RDK-03003


@FloundermanFios wrote:
Address the problem plz... Troll

You chose self install, that error means that you don't have a live cable signal. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: RDK-03004

Been having this problem for days, changed the splitter and voila. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: X1 mini cable box won't connect

I found my mini cable connection was through a second splitter. I moved it to the same main cable splitter as the main box, connected immediately
Highlighted
Contributor

ESPN FEED breaking up for the last 3-4 weeks

My ESPN HD Channel 724 feed has been breaking up or stuttering for now about 3-4 weeks.

 

I had this happen before with NBC and NBCSN (Channels 703/723) in the past but they cleared up without doing anything from my side.

 

Anyone know what I can do to resolve this?  Anyone else also experiencing this issue?

 

I have 2 tv's hooked up with Comcast and both have the same issue w/ ESPN.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: ESPN FEED breaking up for the last 3-4 weeks


@norcalneil wrote:

My ESPN HD Channel 724 feed has been breaking up or stuttering for now about 3-4 weeks.

 

I had this happen before with NBC and NBCSN (Channels 703/723) in the past but they cleared up without doing anything from my side.

 

Anyone know what I can do to resolve this?  Anyone else also experiencing this issue?

 

I have 2 tv's hooked up with Comcast and both have the same issue w/ ESPN.


Pixelation / break-up can be caused by loose connections.  Ensure all of your connections are tight.  If that doeesn't solve the issue, contact Comcast to get a Tech onsite to evaluate and make the necessary repairs.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

newly installed xfinity replacing older box

I installed three new xfinfity boxes two weeks ago.  we have experienced severe interruption of picture and sound, to include freezing of channel, on all three units.  We did not have these problems prior to the new installation.  Incoming service cables were not disturbed.  Is this a network issue, geograpical issue or specific house issue?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: ESPN FEED breaking up for the last 3-4 weeks

If it was loose connections wouldn't all my channels have issues rather than just one ?  I checked all the connections, and reconnected any lose ones, but still encoutnered the same issue.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: ESPN FEED breaking up for the last 3-4 weeks

No, poor connections would not necessarily effect all channels. "Pixeling" is a telltale sign of deficient incoming signals. If checking your connections did not help and you don't have any unnecessary splitters you probably need the tech visit that Ray the Geek mentioned.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: newly installed xfinity replacing older box


@rfisher23 wrote:

I installed three new xfinfity boxes two weeks ago.  we have experienced severe interruption of picture and sound, to include freezing of channel, on all three units.  We did not have these problems prior to the new installation.  Incoming service cables were not disturbed.  Is this a network issue, geograpical issue or specific house issue?


Review how your cable is configured. What worked for the previous boxes may not work for the X1 platform. Presently, the upstream signal on all 3 boxes are too high and out of spec. Check for an amp or reduce/remove any unneeded splitters.


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

sports app extras aren't working,when I click on the sports app it brings up all the scores from the different sports and and when I click on football or NFL it brings up the different games but when I go to click on a game to see the stats the drop down little screen pops up but it doesn't show the extras option it just shows record or favorte. When I go to a different sport like baseball and it brings up the games and I click on a game it gives me the extras option. It's just the Football and NFL games that the extras I don't get that option. Is there a way to fix this or do I need to get a new box?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Not a 100% but I don't think there's Extras until the regular season starts.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Thanks Andrew I'll wait till the regular seasn starts and let you know if it works than. I dont think that its the box than beaucause for all the other sports it brings up the extra option.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: newly installed xfinity replacing older box

I have 1 X1 DVR and 3 satelites boxes (I have a total of 8 outlet in the house). I also experience similar problem, NFL  Network and NBC HD tend to have 'pixelation' around primetime. I was 'fighting' this for awhile with Comcast, they even came out a run a new line in from the street. I have changed out spliters, check my cable, etc....you know, the standard battles. Long story short, I did the following this weekend to correct the issue including increase my Internet speed:

 

1. Bought a PTC 8 chanel amplifer and installed at the main drop.

2. Removed all the splitters since I dont need it any more with 8 channel output.

3. MAKE SURE THAT THE MoCA FILTER IS INSTALLED between the main cable drop and the input of the amplifier. Without this the X1 DVR box and the 3 satelite units didn't work properly even though there was plenty of signal's strength.

 

Everything is great now.

 

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: newly installed xfinity replacing older box


@nguyenmickey wrote:

I have 1 X1 DVR and 3 satelites boxes (I have a total of 8 outlet in the house). I also experience similar problem, NFL  Network and NBC HD tend to have 'pixelation' around primetime. I was 'fighting' this for awhile with Comcast, they even came out a run a new line in from the street. I have changed out spliters, check my cable, etc....you know, the standard battles. Long story short, I did the following this weekend to correct the issue including increase my Internet speed:

 

1. Bought a PTC 8 chanel amplifer and installed at the main drop.

2. Removed all the splitters since I dont need it any more with 8 channel output.

3. MAKE SURE THAT THE MoCA FILTER IS INSTALLED between the main cable drop and the input of the amplifier. Without this the X1 DVR box and the 3 satelite units didn't work properly even though there was plenty of signal's strength.

 

Everything is great now.

 

 

WOW......you sure went to a lot on your own to fix this issue. Shouldn't Comcast have done this for you even if you had to keep on them? We have pixelation on so many channels so now I fear they aren't going to be able to fix it and we sure aren't able to do what you did. Good work on your part but its THEIR SYSTEM at fault.


 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: newly installed xfinity replacing older box

Well, I am an EE (Electrical Engineer) so it helps for sure.If the signal was bad all the time on all the channel it probably would be easier to troubleshoot.

My signal seemto only degrade during primetime on 2 channels, NFL Network and NBC HD (406 and 432 here in Tallahassee). I can't show/confirm the Comcast tech my problem so they can't fix it if they don't see it.

 

I suppose, I could have Comcast added the amplifier but the few times that they did my wiring I ended up have to redo the work anyway (leaving the cable above the ground, using cheap components and not tidy up the wires and such). I figure if I am going to have redo what they did, I might as well do it the first time to save me the aggravation. Besides, they are only responsible for the signal 'outside' your home. It cost extra, if they have to troubleshoot inside the house.

 

As you probably already know, the X1 box seem to require a much stronger signal to work properly compare to the previous generation boxes. According to Comcast, they can only guarantee a 4-terminal splits (example: a 4-way splitter) for X1 box. Each split level reduce the signal by -3.5 dB. In addition to that the cable length also reduce the signal strength.

The best way to confirm that signal strength is the main cause is to split the main line using a 2-way split and go directly to the main box and see see if the pixelation stops. If it fixed it then it almost always the signal strength issue.

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: newly installed xfinity replacing older box


@nguyenmickey wrote:

Well, I am an EE (Electrical Engineer) so it helps for sure.If the signal was bad all the time on all the channel it probably would be easier to troubleshoot.

My signal seemto only degrade during primetime on 2 channels, NFL Network and NBC HD (406 and 432 here in Tallahassee). I can't show/confirm the Comcast tech my problem so they can't fix it if they don't see it.

 

I suppose, I could have Comcast added the amplifier but the few times that they did my wiring I ended up have to redo the work anyway (leaving the cable above the ground, using cheap components and not tidy up the wires and such). I figure if I am going to have redo what they did, I might as well do it the first time to save me the aggravation. Besides, they are only responsible for the signal 'outside' your home. It cost extra, if they have to troubleshoot inside the house.

 

As you probably already know, the X1 box seem to require a much stronger signal to work properly compare to the previous generation boxes. According to Comcast, they can only guarantee a 4-terminal splits (example: a 4-way splitter) for X1 box. Each split level reduce the signal by -3.5 dB. In addition to that the cable length also reduce the signal strength.

The best way to confirm that signal strength is the main cause is to split the main line using a 2-way split and go directly to the main box and see see if the pixelation stops. If it fixed it then it almost always the signal strength issue.


Your EE background is a blessing. I have a telcom network engr background and that doesn't help one iota! We have one X1 box and no splitters or sat. boxes and pixels come and go on network and cable stations and premiums. Drives us nuts.  Of course it won't happen if a tech comes. They better not charge me if they have to put a signal booster/ amplifier inside the house where the cable comes in if that is the issue.....!  We are on a dedicated drop as we don't live in a development.  I don't blame you for doing what you did to save aggravation and know that it was fixed! Good for you!

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: newly installed xfinity replacing older box


@nguyenmickey wrote:

Well, I am an EE (Electrical Engineer) so it helps for sure.If the signal was bad all the time on all the channel it probably would be easier to troubleshoot.

My signal seemto only degrade during primetime on 2 channels, NFL Network and NBC HD (406 and 432 here in Tallahassee). I can't show/confirm the Comcast tech my problem so they can't fix it if they don't see it.

 

I suppose, I could have Comcast added the amplifier but the few times that they did my wiring I ended up have to redo the work anyway (leaving the cable above the ground, using cheap components and not tidy up the wires and such). I figure if I am going to have redo what they did, I might as well do it the first time to save me the aggravation. Besides, they are only responsible for the signal 'outside' your home. It cost extra, if they have to troubleshoot inside the house.

 

As you probably already know, the X1 box seem to require a much stronger signal to work properly compare to the previous generation boxes. According to Comcast, they can only guarantee a 4-terminal splits (example: a 4-way splitter) for X1 box. Each split level reduce the signal by -3.5 dB. In addition to that the cable length also reduce the signal strength.

The best way to confirm that signal strength is the main cause is to split the main line using a 2-way split and go directly to the main box and see see if the pixelation stops. If it fixed it then it almost always the signal strength issue.


Check the signal levels on your dvr, your Upstream Signal levels are too high (57dbmv) should be under 51. In comparison your modem is at 51dbmv.

 

 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: newly installed xfinity replacing older box

HMMMM,

Exactly which "PTC amp" did you install? Full model number please...

And yes, with X1 it is very possible to have deficiencies on specific frequencies that only effect certain channels. That is well known with QAM...




@CCAndrew wrote:

@nguyenmickey wrote:

Well, I am an EE (Electrical Engineer) so it helps for sure.If the signal was bad all the time on all the channel it probably would be easier to troubleshoot.

My signal seemto only degrade during primetime on 2 channels, NFL Network and NBC HD (406 and 432 here in Tallahassee). I can't show/confirm the Comcast tech my problem so they can't fix it if they don't see it.

 

I suppose, I could have Comcast added the amplifier but the few times that they did my wiring I ended up have to redo the work anyway (leaving the cable above the ground, using cheap components and not tidy up the wires and such). I figure if I am going to have redo what they did, I might as well do it the first time to save me the aggravation. Besides, they are only responsible for the signal 'outside' your home. It cost extra, if they have to troubleshoot inside the house.

 

As you probably already know, the X1 box seem to require a much stronger signal to work properly compare to the previous generation boxes. According to Comcast, they can only guarantee a 4-terminal splits (example: a 4-way splitter) for X1 box. Each split level reduce the signal by -3.5 dB. In addition to that the cable length also reduce the signal strength.

The best way to confirm that signal strength is the main cause is to split the main line using a 2-way split and go directly to the main box and see see if the pixelation stops. If it fixed it then it almost always the signal strength issue.


Check the signal levels on your dvr, your Upstream Signal levels are too high (57dbmv) should be under 51. In comparison your modem is at 51dbmv.

 

 






 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: newly installed xfinity replacing older box


@TerriB wrote:

@nguyenmickey wrote:

Well, I am an EE (Electrical Engineer) so it helps for sure.If the signal was bad all the time on all the channel it probably would be easier to troubleshoot.

My signal seemto only degrade during primetime on 2 channels, NFL Network and NBC HD (406 and 432 here in Tallahassee). I can't show/confirm the Comcast tech my problem so they can't fix it if they don't see it.

 

I suppose, I could have Comcast added the amplifier but the few times that they did my wiring I ended up have to redo the work anyway (leaving the cable above the ground, using cheap components and not tidy up the wires and such). I figure if I am going to have redo what they did, I might as well do it the first time to save me the aggravation. Besides, they are only responsible for the signal 'outside' your home. It cost extra, if they have to troubleshoot inside the house.

 

As you probably already know, the X1 box seem to require a much stronger signal to work properly compare to the previous generation boxes. According to Comcast, they can only guarantee a 4-terminal splits (example: a 4-way splitter) for X1 box. Each split level reduce the signal by -3.5 dB. In addition to that the cable length also reduce the signal strength.

The best way to confirm that signal strength is the main cause is to split the main line using a 2-way split and go directly to the main box and see see if the pixelation stops. If it fixed it then it almost always the signal strength issue.


Your EE background is a blessing. I have a telcom network engr background and that doesn't help one iota! We have one X1 box and no splitters or sat. boxes and pixels come and go on network and cable stations and premiums. Drives us nuts.  Of course it won't happen if a tech comes. They better not charge me if they have to put a signal booster/ amplifier inside the house where the cable comes in if that is the issue.....!  We are on a dedicated drop as we don't live in a development.  I don't blame you for doing what you did to save aggravation and know that it was fixed! Good for you!


You have a splitter somewhere ( you have a modem too). No charge for amps but you don't need one for one device. Have a tech out to actually track down the cause.


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: newly installed xfinity replacing older box


@CCAndrew wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@nguyenmickey wrote:

Well, I am an EE (Electrical Engineer) so it helps for sure.If the signal was bad all the time on all the channel it probably would be easier to troubleshoot.

My signal seemto only degrade during primetime on 2 channels, NFL Network and NBC HD (406 and 432 here in Tallahassee). I can't show/confirm the Comcast tech my problem so they can't fix it if they don't see it.

 

I suppose, I could have Comcast added the amplifier but the few times that they did my wiring I ended up have to redo the work anyway (leaving the cable above the ground, using cheap components and not tidy up the wires and such). I figure if I am going to have redo what they did, I might as well do it the first time to save me the aggravation. Besides, they are only responsible for the signal 'outside' your home. It cost extra, if they have to troubleshoot inside the house.

 

As you probably already know, the X1 box seem to require a much stronger signal to work properly compare to the previous generation boxes. According to Comcast, they can only guarantee a 4-terminal splits (example: a 4-way splitter) for X1 box. Each split level reduce the signal by -3.5 dB. In addition to that the cable length also reduce the signal strength.

The best way to confirm that signal strength is the main cause is to split the main line using a 2-way split and go directly to the main box and see see if the pixelation stops. If it fixed it then it almost always the signal strength issue.


Your EE background is a blessing. I have a telcom network engr background and that doesn't help one iota! We have one X1 box and no splitters or sat. boxes and pixels come and go on network and cable stations and premiums. Drives us nuts.  Of course it won't happen if a tech comes. They better not charge me if they have to put a signal booster/ amplifier inside the house where the cable comes in if that is the issue.....!  We are on a dedicated drop as we don't live in a development.  I don't blame you for doing what you did to save aggravation and know that it was fixed! Good for you!


From Andrew: You have a splitter somewhere ( you have a modem too). No charge for amps but you don't need one for one device. Have a tech out to actually track down the cause.


Andrew, I have cable/internet/phone and  of course I have a modem.... DOCSIS 3.0. Installed it all my little female self. Then had to get/install a personal T Mobile  cell spot in conjunction  with the modem because  Xfinity wifi  signal won't go past  the room  the modem sits in. I feel that you are talking down to me which is not helpful. I  am not an amateur at this just because I am not an EE. If you are talking about the splitter for the cable/internet...yep got one of those and it has not been disturbed since it was put in long long ago. I don't have any other splitters as we only have one stb/dvr.   Not only do I have pixelation but screen goes black and sound goes away and round and round we go.  Just so happens I have just been watching a recorded ABC program and the entire hour was pixels and black outs.

 

I have gone to the diagnostic screens and reported my readings to one of the user gurus on these forums and he told me they were  unacceptable.

 

Not sure now about the tech coming after Nguyenmickey said  something about them charging for any inside troubleshooting. The splitter is in the house...duh.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: newly installed xfinity replacing older box

Not sure how you can say ComcastAndrew is talking down to you.  He just pointed out that in one of your previous posts (see below) that you have no splitters in your setup.

 

You also pointed out that splitter "has not been disturbed since it was put in long long ago".  Splitters can degrade due to environmental effects (corrosion, etc), manufacturing defects, etc.  All Andrew was suggesting was for you to have a tech out to try to diagnose your pixelation issue, which you seem to be complaining about for a while now.  If you are so against having a tech out, why don't you first replace the splitter yourself.  If the pixelation goes away great, if not, then it would probably be in your best interest to have a tech out. Why suffer through bad service if you don't have to?

 


@TerriB wrote:
@TerriB wrote:


Your EE background is a blessing. I have a telcom network engr background and that doesn't help one iota! We have one X1 box and no splitters or sat. boxes and pixels come and go on network and cable stations and premiums. Drives us nuts.  Of course it won't happen if a tech comes. They better not charge me if they have to put a signal booster/ amplifier inside the house where the cable comes in if that is the issue.....!  We are on a dedicated drop as we don't live in a development.  I don't blame you for doing what you did to save aggravation and know that it was fixed! Good for you!


Andrew, I have cable/internet/phone and  of course I have a modem.... DOCSIS 3.0. Installed it all my little female self. Then had to get/install a personal T Mobile  cell spot in conjunction  with the modem because  Xfinity wifi  signal won't go past  the room  the modem sits in. I feel that you are talking down to me which is not helpful. I  am not an amateur at this just because I am not an EE. If you are talking about the splitter for the cable/internet...yep got one of those and it has not been disturbed since it was put in long long ago. I don't have any other splitters as we only have one stb/dvr.   Not only do I have pixelation but screen goes black and sound goes away and round and round we go.  Just so happens I have just been watching a recorded ABC program and the entire hour was pixels and black outs.

 

I have gone to the diagnostic screens and reported my readings to one of the user gurus on these forums and he told me they were  unacceptable.

 

Not sure now about the tech coming after Nguyenmickey said  something about them charging for any inside troubleshooting. The splitter is in the house...duh.


 

 

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: newly installed xfinity replacing older box


@HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Not sure how you can say ComcastAndrew is talking down to you.  He just pointed out that in one of your previous posts (see below) that you have no splitters in your setup.

 

You also pointed out that splitter "has not been disturbed since it was put in long long ago".  Splitters can degrade due to environmental effects (corrosion, etc), manufacturing defects, etc.  All Andrew was suggesting was for you to have a tech out to try to diagnose your pixelation issue, which you seem to be complaining about for a while now.  If you are so against having a tech out, why don't you first replace the splitter yourself.  If the pixelation goes away great, if not, then it would probably be in your best interest to have a tech out. Why suffer through bad service if you don't have to?

 


@TerriB wrote:
@TerriB wrote:


Your EE background is a blessing. I have a telcom network engr background and that doesn't help one iota! We have one X1 box and no splitters or sat. boxes and pixels come and go on network and cable stations and premiums. Drives us nuts.  Of course it won't happen if a tech comes. They better not charge me if they have to put a signal booster/ amplifier inside the house where the cable comes in if that is the issue.....!  We are on a dedicated drop as we don't live in a development.  I don't blame you for doing what you did to save aggravation and know that it was fixed! Good for you!


Andrew, I have cable/internet/phone and  of course I have a modem.... DOCSIS 3.0. Installed it all my little female self. Then had to get/install a personal T Mobile  cell spot in conjunction  with the modem because  Xfinity wifi  signal won't go past  the room  the modem sits in. I feel that you are talking down to me which is not helpful. I  am not an amateur at this just because I am not an EE. If you are talking about the splitter for the cable/internet...yep got one of those and it has not been disturbed since it was put in long long ago. I don't have any other splitters as we only have one stb/dvr.   Not only do I have pixelation but screen goes black and sound goes away and round and round we go.  Just so happens I have just been watching a recorded ABC program and the entire hour was pixels and black outs.

 

I have gone to the diagnostic screens and reported my readings to one of the user gurus on these forums and he told me they were  unacceptable.

 

Not sure now about the tech coming after Nguyenmickey said  something about them charging for any inside troubleshooting. The splitter is in the house...duh.


 To me Andrew's 'language' sounded condescending. I have worked with him before and like him very much and did not mean to dis-respect him but I did feel dis-repected like I was a moron but I will get over it. My splitter is inside and you hinted that they would charge me. I thought they only charged if a problem turned out to be house wiring related and I am sure this is not the case. Thats my hesitation to have tech come out. I will have to talk to Comcast before I let them come here.

 


 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: newly installed xfinity replacing older box


@TerriB wrote:

@HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Not sure how you can say ComcastAndrew is talking down to you.  He just pointed out that in one of your previous posts (see below) that you have no splitters in your setup.

 

You also pointed out that splitter "has not been disturbed since it was put in long long ago".  Splitters can degrade due to environmental effects (corrosion, etc), manufacturing defects, etc.  All Andrew was suggesting was for you to have a tech out to try to diagnose your pixelation issue, which you seem to be complaining about for a while now.  If you are so against having a tech out, why don't you first replace the splitter yourself.  If the pixelation goes away great, if not, then it would probably be in your best interest to have a tech out. Why suffer through bad service if you don't have to?

 


@TerriB wrote:
@TerriB wrote:


Your EE background is a blessing. I have a telcom network engr background and that doesn't help one iota! We have one X1 box and no splitters or sat. boxes and pixels come and go on network and cable stations and premiums. Drives us nuts.  Of course it won't happen if a tech comes. They better not charge me if they have to put a signal booster/ amplifier inside the house where the cable comes in if that is the issue.....!  We are on a dedicated drop as we don't live in a development.  I don't blame you for doing what you did to save aggravation and know that it was fixed! Good for you!


Andrew, I have cable/internet/phone and  of course I have a modem.... DOCSIS 3.0. Installed it all my little female self. Then had to get/install a personal T Mobile  cell spot in conjunction  with the modem because  Xfinity wifi  signal won't go past  the room  the modem sits in. I feel that you are talking down to me which is not helpful. I  am not an amateur at this just because I am not an EE. If you are talking about the splitter for the cable/internet...yep got one of those and it has not been disturbed since it was put in long long ago. I don't have any other splitters as we only have one stb/dvr.   Not only do I have pixelation but screen goes black and sound goes away and round and round we go.  Just so happens I have just been watching a recorded ABC program and the entire hour was pixels and black outs.

 

I have gone to the diagnostic screens and reported my readings to one of the user gurus on these forums and he told me they were  unacceptable.

 

Not sure now about the tech coming after Nguyenmickey said  something about them charging for any inside troubleshooting. The splitter is in the house...duh.


 To me Andrew's 'language' sounded condescending. I have worked with him before and like him very much and did not mean to dis-respect him but I did feel dis-repected like I was a moron but I will get over it. My splitter is inside and you hinted that they would charge me. I thought they only charged if a problem turned out to be house wiring related and I am sure this is not the case. Thats my hesitation to have tech come out. I will have to talk to Comcast before I let them come here.

 


 


I apologize if you thought I was condescending I was merely pointing out what to look for in your own house. If the splitter is inside it's considered a part of your inside wiring. The diagnostic screen isn't going to tell anything about individual channels, only a tech onsite will be able to diagnose individual frequencies and troubleshoot any channels that you are having issues with. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: error RDK-03003

This is ridiculous - X1 is not really progress becaus eit dont work 50% of the time. 

 

I have been a 20 year customer - never had tech come out to the house for anything until the rep told me they would switch my system to upgrade X1 for being  agreat customer  -   "It is the Best system yet" he said.  . . ..   apperantly that is just a sales speech.  I have 5 rooms with boxes - My  boxes all take turns working, tech have been to the house  every week, wasted countless hours on the phone, changed all the cables in and outside, been back again to put filters on the lines, they have changed all the boxes about 10x.   This is getting really old.  I am switching to verizon as i am sure comcast will not give me my old set up back.

 

This is just ridiculous.  Worst transition ever.  It cant be great if it dont work.  Reliability is way more important to me than having another 100 HD channels and a talk remote. I can push the buttons - no problem.

 

rrrrrrrrrrrr 

 

 

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Top inch of the picture on NBC HD channel is blank

Hi wboffthelake, is this happening on both of your cable boxes?

 

Thank you


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XRE 00021 !!!!! AGAIN and AGAIN

Hi Turtles50,  this is a channel tuning error, please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue.  

 

Thank you


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: error RDK-03003


@BlewisX1 wrote:

This is ridiculous - X1 is not really progress becaus eit dont work 50% of the time. 

 

I have been a 20 year customer - never had tech come out to the house for anything until the rep told me they would switch my system to upgrade X1 for being  agreat customer  -   "It is the Best system yet" he said.  . . ..   apperantly that is just a sales speech.  I have 5 rooms with boxes - My  boxes all take turns working, tech have been to the house  every week, wasted countless hours on the phone, changed all the cables in and outside, been back again to put filters on the lines, they have changed all the boxes about 10x.   This is getting really old.  I am switching to verizon as i am sure comcast will not give me my old set up back.

 

This is just ridiculous.  Worst transition ever.  It cant be great if it dont work.  Reliability is way more important to me than having another 100 HD channels and a talk remote. I can push the buttons - no problem.

 

rrrrrrrrrrrr 

 

 


Hmm.  I was a Time-Warner customer in the Houston area starting about 1985.  We were taken over by Comcast 5-10 years later.  I have had X1 for abouth three years.  I have had my share of issues, but they were all caused by the infrastructure - wiring from my home back to the Comcast head-end.  Comcast has been able to resolve all my issues one way or another.  Many times those issues were caused by the power company and not an actual issue with Comcast.

 

I suggest you try to get a Comcast tech (not a contrator) to check your setup.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!