CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

What's weird is it typically happens at night.  I work from home during the day, and haven't had any issues with the internet going out.  However, when trying to use the internet or watch tv at night, that's when I start experiencing problems.  I just checked my signal strength using the diagnostics for both the cable box, and the modem, and all seem to be in a good spot.  What I'm worried about is scheduling an appointment for a tech to come out; the signal shows good strength, tech leaves, and issue starts happening again.  However, doesn't look like I have a choice.

X1 Box

Downstream Power: -8.9

Downstream SNR: 37.1

Upstream Power: 54.0

Modem

Downstream Power: -7

Downstream SNR: 36

Upstream Power: 54

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

8 years ago

The people who have ATT in my bldg have flawless service. It's not the wiring in our bldg. The president of our association lives next door to me and is a close friend. We both have been working to get results. Unfortunately, the problem is on Comcasts' end, not ours. Other people in the area have the same issue but Comcast won't do anything until enough people call in re the same problem. Only then will they flag it as an area wide problem. 

I have the number to top tier tech but calling that number continues the hamster wheel. They have done audits, sent supervisors out, line people etc. I think there's a much bigger issue than Comcast doesn't want to deal with....regardless, I need to find someone who can take over this and be in charge of sending out the correct people to get the job done. Too many days/hours have been spent on dealing with Comcast. 

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

8 years ago

Comcast needs to determine that and thus far hasn't been able to do so. It's very frustrating! They all drop the ball and pass it on to someone else.

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

8 years ago

Chicago is a huge market! If you live in the burbs, your service will be terrific. The city is a  different story. My family has great service in addition to techs that are knowledgeable in the suburbs. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have had the same issues since switching my service to Comcast. Everything worked fine the first couple of months and now over the past two weeks I have had nothing but issues. I am constantly receiving error messages. My service will work for a couple of hours and then I am back to error messages. I have tried all the troubleshooting they provide and it NEVER works. Not one time has doing what they suggest worked. It will just randomly start working again on its own. Then it's out again. I am extremely frustrated to say the least. I know when it is going to mess up because the first sign is my X1 remote messing up. Either the voice activation quits working OR if I click (pause, ff, play) or anything it doesn't work. My picture eventually freezes and then it all goes out. As of now I have been out for 12 hours. No help on the horizon. Calling gets me no where, to have someone come out will take DAYS and I run the risk of being charged a fee for them coming to fix their own mess up. I am extremely upset that I am trapped in a conctract with this company because were it not for that I would drop them and go back to Direct TV which I NEVER had these types of issues with. They lured the family with their new service and now I realize the mistake that was made. If anyone has any real suggestions that might fix these problems (i.e., error message RKD-03003 or RDK-03036) please let me know. All wires have been checked and my service was installed mere months ago so all is new and all hookups are tight and secure. Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

11.1K Messages

8 years ago

Mattrparisi -- Following up on your tech visit. Was the tech able to assist with your issue? 

Problem Solver

• 

1K Messages

8 years ago

Hello Jinx83,

I have sent you a private message regarding your concerns.

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Contributor

• 

598 Messages

8 years ago

Well, I wondered how long it would be before X1 did something that would cause me to post on this forum again and sure enough, it did.

I just lost about 5 recording from my DVR that I didn't delete, including a rare Bonanza episode "Hoss and the Leprechauns" that I have saved for almost 2 years. Four letter explicatives hardly serve to express the the irritation I feel about this untrustworthy X1 system. I don't expect a recording to disappear unless I delete it myself.  This is the second time something like this has happened. Recordings just gone the next day for no reason.

Grrrrrr !

Regular Contributor

• 

117 Messages

8 years ago

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Well, I wondered how long it would be before X1 did something that would cause me to post on this forum again and sure enough, it did.

I just lost about 5 recording from my DVR that I didn't delete, including a rare Bonanza episode "Hoss and the Leprechauns" that I have saved for almost 2 years. Four letter explicatives hardly serve to express the the irritation I feel about this untrustworthy X1 system. I don't expect a recording to disappear unless I delete it myself.  This is the second time something like this has happened. Recordings just gone the next day for no reason.

Grrrrrr !

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you posted the exact opposite referring to the same "rare" episode that you were trying to delete? http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Upcoming-X1-Updates/m-p/2614191/highlight/true#M84776

Regular Contributor

• 

440 Messages

8 years ago

Hello Wolverine062,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I have provided steps to recover deleted recordings from your X1 DVR.

1. Press the xfinity button on the remote control.
  2. Use the arrow buttons to highlight Saved
  3. Use the arrow buttons to highlight Recordings then arrow down to Recently Deleted.
  4. Use the arrow buttons to select the deleted program to recover and press OK
  5. Select Recover and press OK to restore the program. 

If you are still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

Regular Contributor

• 

440 Messages

8 years ago

Hello BeowolfJones,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I have provided steps to recover deleted recordings from your X1 DVR.

3. Use the arrow buttons to highlight Recordings then arrow down to Recently Deleted.

Contributor

• 

598 Messages

8 years ago

@ComcastKimberly wrote:

Hello Wolverine062,

The recordings were NOT LISTED in deleted recordings so your instructions are not usable and I know how to do this already.

To restate, the recordings that disappeared were NOT DELETED by me at any time. They just disappeared  from the current recordings list.

This morning all the deleted recordings were restored, how I don't know as I had no intervention in their return.  This smacks of someone on the Comcast end doing the restore and for that I am grateful but it is still very strange that they disappeared in the first place. Was this some cloud issue ? A fumblefinger by some tech ? (accessing the wrong account).

In another vein:

I have noticed that some recordings I DID DELETE but didn't fall off the current recordings list, appeared in deleted recordings and if I permanently deleted them they disappeared from the current recordings list as well. Close, but still no cigar on the Ghost delete recording problem which is a separate issue from the above problem.

Anyway, I'm glad the recordings are back but would really like to know how this can happen in the first place. Now I am not as unhappy a a donut in a cop factory.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

@BeowolfJones wrote:

@ComcastKimberly wrote:

Hello Wolverine062,

The recordings were NOT LISTED in deleted recordings so your instructions are not usable and I know how to do this already.

To restate, the recordings that disappeared were NOT DELETED by me at any time. They just disappeared  from the current recordings list.

This morning all the deleted recordings were restored, how I don't know as I had no intervention in their return.  This smacks of someone on the Comcast end doing the restore and for that I am grateful but it is still very strange that they disappeared in the first place. Was this some cloud issue ? A fumblefinger by some tech ? (accessing the wrong account).

In another vein:

I have noticed that some recordings I DID DELETE but didn't fall off the current recordings list, appeared in deleted recordings and if I permanently deleted them they disappeared from the current recordings list as well. Close, but still no cigar on the Ghost delete recording problem which is a separate issue from the above problem.

Anyway, I'm glad the recordings are back but would really like to know how this can happen in the first place. Now I am not as unhappy a a donut in a cop factory.

I confirm that the ghosted listing (dvr service is not available) is still happening that started in November 2015.

2.4p6s2 7/1/16 / 1.65.11 07/15 fond 7/20/16

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

8 years ago

@Wolverine062 wrote:

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you posted the exact opposite referring to the same "rare" episode that you were trying to delete? http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Upcoming-X1-Updates/m-p/2614191/highlight/true#M84776

Nice catch, Wolverine!! You definitely have the reading comprehension and retention part down a heck of a lot better than ComcastKimberly. Smiley Wink

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you to whoever actually FINALLY passed my issue along to InDemand who tripped the channel back for me. Its finally fixed after 4 months of tech visits, box swaps, chats, and l phone calls.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here