Community Forum

X1 Technical Issues

Contributor

Re: Has my X1 box gone bad?

I understand some of the finer points being made here, however, one thing that I think is also being missed is that I had a tech who seemed to know what he was doing out last weekend.  The problem WAS occurring while he was here, and he said my signal was fine, and he was ready to do a box swap until his last action (replacing a portion of my cable; the piece between the first connection on the house, and the inside splitter that splits the signal between the X1 box and the Cable Modem) appeared to resolve the issue immediately and completely.

That being said, I am only completing what the tech was originally going to do; swap out the box.  I am hopeful that this will resolve everything but in the meantime I am trying to restore any service I can.

I doubt this has anything to do with this, but I have also been getting a prompt on the screen that the batteries in my remote need to be replaced.  I will typically run batteries down as low as I can before replacing them, but seeing as everything in X1-land is interconnected and interdependant, is it possible this has any bearing on my issue?

Contributor

Another piece of info.

throughout this ordeal, when rebooting the box, a screen pops up, then goes away rather quickly.  It says something to the effect we are having problems, try back in a few minutes.  This is during the reboot (s1st is usually on the digital display on the box at this point).  It typically flashes quickly, then continues on to the connecting message.

I came home tonight, and did a restart, and this screen stayed up long enough for me to grab the error code...RDK-03031.  Looked around briefly on here, and it seems associated with outages?

the reboot got me to my SD channels...better than I have gotten over the last 2 days...Wednesday can't come soon enough.

Expert

@B_J_L wrote:

I understand some of the finer points being made here, however, one thing that I think is also being missed is that I had a tech who seemed to know what he was doing out last weekend.  The problem WAS occurring while he was here, and he said my signal was fine, and he was ready to do a box swap until his last action (replacing a portion of my cable; the piece between the first connection on the house, and the inside splitter that splits the signal between the X1 box and the Cable Modem) appeared to resolve the issue immediately and completely.

That being said, I am only completing what the tech was originally going to do; swap out the box.  I am hopeful that this will resolve everything but in the meantime I am trying to restore any service I can.

I doubt this has anything to do with this, but I have also been getting a prompt on the screen that the batteries in my remote need to be replaced.  I will typically run batteries down as low as I can before replacing them, but seeing as everything in X1-land is interconnected and interdependant, is it possible this has any bearing on my issue?

re: the batteries, no they aren't the problem. I do however find the voice remote never shows over 90% with alkaline duracell batteries and with 3 in the home when they get low enough to say replace, I put them in here to run until 'dead'. My 'load testing' battery checker (made by fluke a major meter maker) shows the batteries still green on the meter when the remote rejects them. I put them in flashlights etc to get the rest of the use out of them. 

the remote will suddenly not operate the DVR but will operate the TV (RF linked) functions. I suspect the measuring by the remote is 'off' a good deal and fails perfectly good batteries.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

RDK-03031 can be a server outage but it is more likely signal issues that indicate your X1 box cannot communicate with servers it needs to communicate with because critical signal levels are deficient.

@B_J_L wrote:

Another piece of info.

throughout this ordeal, when rebooting the box, a screen pops up, then goes away rather quickly.  It says something to the effect we are having problems, try back in a few minutes.  This is during the reboot (s1st is usually on the digital display on the box at this point).  It typically flashes quickly, then continues on to the connecting message.

I came home tonight, and did a restart, and this screen stayed up long enough for me to grab the error code...RDK-03031.  Looked around briefly on here, and it seems associated with outages?

the reboot got me to my SD channels...better than I have gotten over the last 2 days...Wednesday can't come soon enough.

Contributor

RE the remote and batteries:  without any hard evidence, I have always felt the same way...when the battery is too low to power something more demanding, I swap it to a remote since they seem to need the least amount of juice.  

RE 03031:  Thank you for clarifying the error.  I guess it is safe to say any error at this point leads to the same course...swap the box out, which I am doing Wednesday.  

I do believe I have come across another clue where the problem may be.  Just checked my DVR, and it was able to flawlessly record ABC World news this evening in HD.  Does this mean the main tuner I use is bad, but the ones used by the DVR are working?  Is there a way to swap tuners like you could on the legacy boxes?  I miss that feature...it was very handy when trying to follow 2 things simultaneously.

Gold Problem Solver

Ah no. I could be wrong but replacing the box will not solve this. Batteries in the remote has absolutely nothing to do with this. 

Addressing deficient signal issues will fix this.

@B_J_L wrote:

RE the remote and batteries:  without any hard evidence, I have always felt the same way...when the battery is too low to power something more demanding, I swap it to a remote since they seem to need the least amount of juice.  

RE 03031:  Thank you for clarifying the error.  I guess it is safe to say any error at this point leads to the same course...swap the box out, which I am doing Wednesday.  

I do believe I have come across another clue where the problem may be.  Just checked my DVR, and it was able to flawlessly record ABC World news this evening in HD.  Does this mean the main tuner I use is bad, but the ones used by the DVR are working?  Is there a way to swap tuners like you could on the legacy boxes?  I miss that feature...it was very handy when trying to follow 2 things simultaneously.

Expert

@B_J_L wrote:

the live TV swap feature is a now-enforced patent by TiVo/ROVI and not allowed without paying royalties (until patent expires end of 2016 to end of 2018-lots of patents).

to do the same thing just start recording on both channels. then pick one and play until you want to swap and then select the other recording. after you have started playing both, you can do the 'last/enter' keys to alternate.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

I have had the X1 service for a few weeks, now. 

Earlier today, after browsing the forums here, and reading a post from someone who mentioned Apps, I realized I had forgotten all about the Apps feature, so I went to it to check it out. Seeing that Pandora was an option, I tried to log in. It told me to log in on my computer, and it would sync, which I did right then. I have NO idea if this is at all relevant to what happened next, but the timing is awfully suspicious. Within about 5 seconds of submitting my Pandora log-in info onto my account via my computer, as directed, my Companion set top box stopped working. 

I don't recall all the things that happened, and in what order, but as I recall: The sound went off for awhile, then I think it might have restarted. It basically acted like it does every night around 2:30a when it does its mandatory update while I'm in the middle of watching TV.   

After that, it refused to play the channel I had been playing previously, saying it wasn't available. I tried another channel, and it wasn't available either. I went to my DVR, and I was able to browse, select, and watch some shows I had DVRed, but not all functions were available. For instance. I got to a good stopping place, and hit "exit," and it brought me back out to the DVR list, but kept playing the show. Another time, I would hit "exit" and literally nothing would happen. I powered off with "All Power," but ironically "All Power" actually means "everything except the set top box," so when I powered back on, my show was still playing. I pushed the "Help" button on my remote, and then selected to Restart, which it did, but at first it acted like it didn't want to. 

It restarted and went back to the blank screen. I checked, and the DVRed programs were still there. I selected another, and it started playing, but from about 10 minutes earlier than I had stopped it at the last time I was watching it (from this unit, even). 

I unplugged the Companion set top box and left it for probably an hour while I did other things. I came back, plugged it back in, and still a blank screen. If I select a channel to watch, this is the message I get, no matter which channel:

"Let's try this again.
We're having some trouble tuning to channel _____. Please try again or select another program. If the problem persists, unplug for at least ten seconds, then plug it back in to restart." 
XRE-03041

I called Comcast Xfinity and spoke with a technician. I told her everything that I had done, and she tried to open a troubleshooting ticket to send a signal to the box, or something like that. She said "Whoa! It won't even let me do that! It's out of spec with the mocaphy rate." (I had to ask her to spell mocaphy for me, because I have no idea what that means!) Basically she said since it's out of sync, my only options are getting a technician out to my house to fix it, or bringing the box back to the Service Center and replacing it. 

I am grateful it's the Companion and not the main until, but still very frustrated. This is practically still brand new. Is this a common problem? Does anyone have any experience with this? 

Lastly, as I sit on my bed typing this, I can hear the music playing from the Live TV on my main X1 box in my living room. I haven't seemed to have issues with that one at all. I should go check and see if my stuff today recorded. Nothing that should have recorded today is showing up on my Companion. Which I guess is to be expected if it's out of sync...  
Most Valued Poster

Did your box swap fix your issues?

My last option to fix my issues is to swap out my main box.

Having a tough time scheduled a maintenance tech to check street lines. Last tech said he would schedule it but never did.
Expert

@Kaniac wrote:

I have had the X1 service for a few weeks, now. 

<snipped>
"Let's try this again.
We're having some trouble tuning to channel _____. Please try again or select another program. If the problem persists, unplug for at least ten seconds, then plug it back in to restart." 
XRE-03041

I called Comcast Xfinity and spoke with a technician. I told her everything that I had done, and she tried to open a troubleshooting ticket to send a signal to the box, or something like that. She said "Whoa! It won't even let me do that! It's out of spec with the mocaphy rate." (I had to ask her to spell mocaphy for me, because I have no idea what that means!) Basically she said since it's out of sync, my only options are getting a technician out to my house to fix it, or bringing the box back to the Service Center and replacing it. 

I am grateful it's the Companion and not the main until, but still very frustrated. This is practically still brand new. Is this a common problem? Does anyone have any experience with this? 

Lastly, as I sit on my bed typing this, I can hear the music playing from the Live TV on my main X1 box in my living room. I haven't seemed to have issues with that one at all. I should go check and see if my stuff today recorded. Nothing that should have recorded today is showing up on my Companion. Which I guess is to be expected if it's out of sync...  

MOCA is how a companion box communicates with the DVR... and in your case, you would not be able to see any recordings from the DVR if your MOCA rates were not up to spec's....  additionally, you did not state which companion box you have as some boxes borrow a tuner from the DVR and in doing so also communicate using MOCA.

Contributor

Sorry - my Companion box is: XiD-P

Also... nothing recorded today! I just checked my main unit, and there was nothing recorded all day!  I restarted the box, and it seemed to actually restart and cycle twice before it "took." Then Live TV came back on. Nothing recorded since last night. So I guess the timing of the Pandora sync was coincidental after all, because I did have things set to record last night and this morning, and I didn't try to sync to Pandora until midday today. 

This is so disappointing. 

Contributor

@adammusic22 wrote:

Having a tough time scheduled a maintenance tech to check street lines. Last tech said he would schedule it but never did.

I wasn't going to report back until I had a few more cycles of good days,  but I did do the swap yesterday, and after a lengthy setup process, everything came up working perfectly, and was perfect this morning.

There were a couple minor DVR issues with the swap, however.  First, everything did not transfer...I appear to have lost about half of what I had saved.  Interestingly, some of these appear available remotely.  Is there a way to redownload these to my current box?  Syncing appeared to do nothing.

I was watching a show that had recorded over the last few days, and I noticed a little 'cloud' icon on the bottom when the show was paused.  I interpret this to mean that this was recorded in the cloud, and/or I am watching it from the cloud (I also notice fast forwarding appears different while watching these recordings).  Anyway, after watching one of the shows, I get error messages when I say to delete it.  There are codes, and it says try again, or something, however, it appears to delete fine.  I also attribute this to it being a 'cloud' version.

One las thing that has absolutely nothing to do with any of this:  Series recordings:  How does one prevent reruns on some of the cable networks from being recorded?  I believe I know how to set series recordings properly..."new only"...etc, however, for some reason some repeats of Modern Family for example continue to record from USA.  They do not appear to be marked as repeats, which may be the problem, but I was just curious if this is a known issue, and is there a workaround?

Problem Solver

Hello Kaniac,

My apologies for your service issues. The team will take a look at your issue shortly.  Thank you for your patience!

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

@B_J_L wrote:

@adammusic22 wrote:

I wasn't going to report back until I had a few more cycles of good days,  but I did do the swap yesterday, and after a lengthy setup process, everything came up working perfectly, and was perfect this morning.

There were a couple minor DVR issues with the swap, however.  First, everything did not transfer...I appear to have lost about half of what I had saved.  Interestingly, some of these appear available remotely.  Is there a way to redownload these to my current box?  Syncing appeared to do nothing.

I was watching a show that had recorded over the last few days, and I noticed a little 'cloud' icon on the bottom when the show was paused.  I interpret this to mean that this was recorded in the cloud, and/or I am watching it from the cloud (I also notice fast forwarding appears different while watching these recordings).  Anyway, after watching one of the shows, I get error messages when I say to delete it.  There are codes, and it says try again, or something, however, it appears to delete fine.  I also attribute this to it being a 'cloud' version.

One las thing that has absolutely nothing to do with any of this:  Series recordings:  How does one prevent reruns on some of the cable networks from being recorded?  I believe I know how to set series recordings properly..."new only"...etc, however, for some reason some repeats of Modern Family for example continue to record from USA.  They do not appear to be marked as repeats, which may be the problem, but I was just curious if this is a known issue, and is there a workaround?

Recordings can't be reloaded to a new dvr. You do have access to those recordings though either online or through the Xfinity tv app.

With series recordings, it is best to set up a recording through the guide on the actual channel that you want the series to record from. Per your example of Modern Family, delete the current series recording, then go the ABC affiliate in the guide, find Modern Family and set up the recording from there.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

@B_J_L wrote:

@adammusic22 wrote:

===

The  series recording has always had repeat issues. Andrew said "it is best to set up a recording through the guide on the actual channel that you want the series to record from" but that does fix all the repeat problems.  I have many series set up to record 'only new'  and set for a specific channel if that is offered as an option which is not always . Repeats often  show as 'new' in the guide so it records all of them and it can be very annoying.  I have this issue on many cable channels. I think it has something to do with the way the networks 'code' the shows and I don't think it has anything to do with Comcast or X1. USA, Lifetime, A&E, History channal are high on the list of repeats showing new.

It especially happens after a show has completed its season or getting ready to start new one and repeats show up as new over and over and over.  I have learned that if the time of the showing seems odd/ there is no season/episode number /the info description is generic...... then its a repeat. Since we record tons of series and I leave all the series recordings intact for the future I go thru my scheduled recordings every week and look for peats and repeats and I cancel 'just this episode' . Its a pain to do it but I don't want the repeats to record so gotta do what I gotta do.

I also get shows recorded that have the same name on different channels ...Bones and The Royals are two examples. I can't set new Bones series recording for FOX only and older episodes are  broadcast on other networks. There are two shows called The Royals. One is about the 'real' Royals in Britian and one is a tv drama  series on 'E' and even though I have the series on E set for 'E' only I still get the other one too so have to cancel those.

Frequent Visitor

I have fond that its not the DVR box, it's the sync of the boxes and correct connections of lines to outlets. Coding on Comcast part. Deep layer code, not survace. Correct booster placement and even amount of feed going to all lines. Tolerance range is critical to reduce feed back and excess noise suppression. Exterior cable to hub box, if more than 5 years old may need replaced.
The ratio of nodes to homes on that node is a major factor. Too many homes, reduced signal. Thus X-1 Will not work correctly.
I've spent 11 months working and training techs that come to work on system to get it to work.

My request to Comcast is for each field tech to have an X-1 System for free at their home, thus they can train themselves on system. This will let them troubleshoot issues and help resolve customer issues before they go to competitor.
Expert
Moved:

Contributor

RE My series recordings:  I may have inadvertantly messed this up myself then.  I few months back when my DVR was getting full, I changed the recording options from HD, to SD, which probably broke the integrity of the instructions for this series.

Most Valued Poster

@B_J_L wrote:

RE My series recordings:  I may have inadvertantly messed this up myself then.  I few months back when my DVR was getting full, I changed the recording options from HD, to SD, which probably broke the integrity of the instructions for this series.

I don't think you messed it up at all by changing that option. I am sure its all about the way the networks 'code/mark' their programming.

Most Valued Poster

Im experiecing the repeat episodes being recording. I cant even watch them. I get error 03062. Tons of repeat episodes recorded. It was never this bad and seriously needs to be fixed. if Comcast is going to blame the Networks, then they need to reach out to them to get it fixed.
Frequent Visitor

Go to a saved episode. Click on the info button on remote. Cursor over to series info. Open and then go to episodes. Open and click on delete. It will ask you for this episode or all episodes. Delete all to clean out. When you want to record an episode or series, make sure you recorded NEC Episodes only.
Also to delete or reprioritise any series, you can also go to online DVR manager and fix series there.
Good luck
Most Valued Poster

@dgmc1 wrote:
Go to a saved episode. Click on the info button on remote. Cursor over to series info. Open and then go to episodes. Open and click on delete. It will ask you for this episode or all episodes. Delete all to clean out. When you want to record an episode or series, make sure you recorded NEC Episodes only.
Also to delete or reprioritise any series, you can also go to online DVR manager and fix series there.
Good luck

Nice try  but that simply will not  fix the problem because  'record new episodes only' does not stop the repeats that are marked 'new' by a network from being recorded. As long as networks continue to mark/code repeats as 'new'  we cannot do anything to stop them from recording.

Contributor

Hi Crystal, 

My DVR says is 53% full, soo...? 

Secondly, are you saying that if it's more than 75% full (or in this case, more than 53% full), I should expect that it won't work anymore? What's the point of the capacity, then? Even my crappy old DVR worked up to 100%. 

Regular Contributor

@dgmc1 wrote:

My request to Comcast is for each field tech to have an X-1 System for free at their home, thus they can train themselves on system. This will let them troubleshoot issues and help resolve customer issues before they go to competitor.

More likely it will make them not want to work for Comcast anymore.

Most Valued Poster

@dgmc1 wrote:
I have fond that its not the DVR box, it's the sync of the boxes and correct connections of lines to outlets. Coding on Comcast part. Deep layer code, not survace. Correct booster placement and even amount of feed going to all lines. Tolerance range is critical to reduce feed back and excess noise suppression. Exterior cable to hub box, if more than 5 years old may need replaced.
The ratio of nodes to homes on that node is a major factor. Too many homes, reduced signal. Thus X-1 Will not work correctly.
I've spent 11 months working and training techs that come to work on system to get it to work.

I believe that Comcast employees do indeed get their system for a very reduced cost or even free. It is ludicrous to think that when we go in to a service center or talk with a tech on phone or in our home that they are not platform users. I know that the last time I was in the service center the rep admitted she had some of the same issues I do and she documented them and promised  to escalate but I have not been back nor have I heard anything. She was very knowledgeable.

Official Employee

It is ludicrous to think that when we go in to a service center or talk with a tech on phone or in our home that they are not platform users. I know that the last time I was in the service center the rep admitted she had some of the same issues I do and she documented them and promised to escalate but I have not been back nor have I heard anything. She was very knowledgeable.

Not every employee or tech live in the Comcast footprint.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Gold Problem Solver

I have spoken to quite a few Comcast employees that did not have X1 and even fewer Comcast subcontractors that had X1............

Imagine how much better X1 tech support would be if all support employees were required to have X1 boxes at home or had hands on training with the product instead of reading from scripts???
Official Employee

I tried to call you about this because I wanted to know if the XID was still giving you a black screen.  I also had a few questions for you.

Contributor

Brandon - would you please specify who you are posting to?

Most Valued Poster

I also just experienced the glitch where i try to resume watching a recording that i stopped watching later in the episode, where clicking resume just started me over.

This is probably the most buggy update ever.
Regular Contributor

@adammusic22 wrote:
I also just experienced the glitch where i try to resume watching a recording that i stopped watching later in the episode, where clicking resume just started me over.

The Corporate.comcast.com page with the "new this month" updates, should be required to list all the updates.

ie.

- Language Choice at Installation.

- Favorite Teams Now in Sports Guide View.

- When you return to watch the rest of your recording, you will inconveniently start over at the beginning.

- Shuffle feature added.

Contributor

tctc wrote:

The Corporate.comcast.com page with the "new this month" updates, should be required to list all the updates.

ie.

- When you return to watch the rest of your recording, you will inconveniantly start over at the beginning.

- Shuffle feature added.

HAHAHAHA. I literally laughed out loud. 

Official Employee

oops sorry about that, I was posting to you, Kaniac.

Contributor

Thanks, Brandon. Were you calling from a Pennsylvania number? I received 2 phone calls from a PA#, so I blocked it. I have been receiving a TON of spam calls in the last couple of months, so my habit lately has just been to block any unfamiliar number that calls me more than once in a short period. If it had said Comcast, I might have answered. 

I'll see about unblocking it, and you can try again.

Most Valued Poster

Twice this message showed up on my xiD, with no update following. Add this glitch to the list.
image.jpeg
Most Valued Poster

@Kaniac wrote:

Hi Crystal, 

My DVR says is 53% full, soo...? 

Secondly, are you saying that if it's more than 75% full (or in this case, more than 53% full), I should expect that it won't work anymore? What's the point of the capacity, then? Even my crappy old DVR worked up to 100%. 

The darn thing should hold what its supposed to hold..PERIOD. Ours is always over 50%

Most Valued Poster

Intere

@adammusic22 wrote:
Twice this message showed up on my xiD, with no update following. Add this glitch to the list.

Interesting! I never saw a screen telling me there was an update coming. Box reboots itself sometimes but I know why and its not updates because the version doesn't change and our updates seem to occur overnight on weekends.

Most Valued Poster

@tctc wrote:

@adammusic22 wrote:

ie.

- When you return to watch the rest of your recording, you will inconveniently start over at the beginning.

- Shuffle feature added.

===

Just imagine how nice it would be to have them ANNOUNCE whats in an update on their website. Not everyone is on this forum and its like pulling teeth sometimes to find out whats 'new'. They should also post a bug list. I receive the 'corporate announcement' email from them daily but they never address the platform.

Silver Problem Solver

@adammusic22 wrote:

If I were you, I would take the XiD box back to the nearest Comcast store and replace it with an XG2, if they have them.

The XG2 has its own tuner and doesn't use the DVR's tuners.

It's a free exchange and all you have to give them is the box.  You can keep the power cord, remote and HDMI cable.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

@adammusic22 wrote:

If I were you, I would take the XiD box back to the nearest Comcast store and replace it with an XG2, if they have them.

The XG2 has its own tuner and doesn't use the DVR's tuners.

It's a free exchange and all you have to give them is the box.  You can keep the power cord, remote and HDMI cable.

Just keep in mind that also means it needs a better signal. An XiD only needs a good enough MOCA signal back to the primary DVR, not all the way to the outside plant. Just one benefit, since in many homes the primary DVR is installed to get a better signal and many other rooms in the house don't need that if using an IP only companion box like the XiD, though yes one downside is like you said it does eat up a tuner.

Most Valued Poster

Apparently my xid is using a tuner off the xg2, leaving all tuners available on my xg1
Official Employee

@Kaniac wrote:

Thanks, Brandon. Were you calling from a Pennsylvania number? I received 2 phone calls from a PA#, so I blocked it. I have been receiving a TON of spam calls in the last couple of months, so my habit lately has just been to block any unfamiliar number that calls me more than once in a short period. If it had said Comcast, I might have answered. 

I'll see about unblocking it, and you can try again.

I tried to call you from my desk phone which is a PA number and I also tried to call you later in the evening from a NJ number.

Official Employee

@adammusic22 wrote:
Apparently my xid is using a tuner off the xg2, leaving all tuners available on my xg1

There is nothing wrong with the Xid using tuners off of the XG2.  The Xg2 is used as an additional source for tuners.

Most Valued Poster

Another issue.

Watching Orioles game on Fox now.

Since I cant trust Auto Extend, I changed it to record 1.5 hours after original stop time.
This did not work. Stopped recording at 10 on the dot (original stop time).

Had to set up to record 3 next slots on Fox.

Most Valued Poster

Unable to delete some Currently Recording shows. This was never really an issue, but now it either sticks, gives error 03093, or gives the dvr unavailble error.
Most Valued Poster

@adammusic22 wrote:
Unable to delete some Currently Recording shows. This was never really an issue, but now it either sticks, gives error 03093, or gives the dvr unavailble error.

Could you please PM ComcastGwen  detailing when and what show/network/time/day this happened on. I don't know how many people she has asked to supply specifics but they are actually investigating and need examples. For some reason I have not had the issue lately.

Regular Contributor

Others (including me) have experienced this but only if you delete the recordings using the online DVR Manager. Recordings appear to delete fine in DVR Manager but continue to show when viewing Guide>Saved>Recordings on your TV.

Jim
Most Valued Poster

@J-Mac wrote:
Others (including me) have experienced this but only if you delete the recordings using the online DVR Manager. Recordings appear to delete fine in DVR Manager but continue to show when viewing Guide>Saved>Recordings on your TV.

Jim

Myself and many others that do not use the on line DVR manager to delete recordings have a long history of deleted recordings remaining on the recordings list until the next day. Sometimes they show on the list AND show in the 'recently deleted' folder as well which is really frustrating. I had pages of examples for ComcastGwen back in April and May and misplaced them and they are too old now for her to use for their research. They can use all the examples they can get but keep in mind that we are talking about deleting recordings on the DVR itself...not the on line DVR manager.

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Swapped out my main box today.

Still have the delete errors. Watch errors. Repeat recordings. Scrambling/tiling on MLB Extra Innings.

So now all my boxes are "new". Signals and iside wiring are "perfect".

I now blame it on the recent update & outside lines.

Any way someone can just schedule a maintenance tech to check my outside lines, without having to send a tech out and wasting 3 more hours of my time and his time.
Last tech said he would. He didn't.
1800 said they would. They didnt.

Ive done everything I could do on my own at this point. So much wasted time with no resolution.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Most Valued Poster

Adam, Yep you have gone beyond the call of duty . Glad you posted those error screens...so very annoying and it has to be the updates causing it because so many of us have talked about same errors.