CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

Unable to delete some Currently Recording shows. This was never really an issue, but now it either sticks, gives error 03093, or gives the dvr unavailble error.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:
Unable to delete some Currently Recording shows. This was never really an issue, but now it either sticks, gives error 03093, or gives the dvr unavailble error.

Could you please PM ComcastGwen  detailing when and what show/network/time/day this happened on. I don't know how many people she has asked to supply specifics but they are actually investigating and need examples. For some reason I have not had the issue lately.

Regular Contributor

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

Others (including me) have experienced this but only if you delete the recordings using the online DVR Manager. Recordings appear to delete fine in DVR Manager but continue to show when viewing Guide>Saved>Recordings on your TV.

Jim

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

@J-Mac wrote:
Others (including me) have experienced this but only if you delete the recordings using the online DVR Manager. Recordings appear to delete fine in DVR Manager but continue to show when viewing Guide>Saved>Recordings on your TV.

Jim

Myself and many others that do not use the on line DVR manager to delete recordings have a long history of deleted recordings remaining on the recordings list until the next day. Sometimes they show on the list AND show in the 'recently deleted' folder as well which is really frustrating. I had pages of examples for ComcastGwen back in April and May and misplaced them and they are too old now for her to use for their research. They can use all the examples they can get but keep in mind that we are talking about deleting recordings on the DVR itself...not the on line DVR manager.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

Swapped out my main box today.

Still have the delete errors. Watch errors. Repeat recordings. Scrambling/tiling on MLB Extra Innings.

So now all my boxes are "new". Signals and iside wiring are "perfect".

I now blame it on the recent update & outside lines.

Any way someone can just schedule a maintenance tech to check my outside lines, without having to send a tech out and wasting 3 more hours of my time and his time.
Last tech said he would. He didn't.
1800 said they would. They didnt.

Ive done everything I could do on my own at this point. So much wasted time with no resolution.

5 Attachments

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

Adam, Yep you have gone beyond the call of duty . Glad you posted those error screens...so very annoying and it has to be the updates causing it because so many of us have talked about same errors.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

There was another error just before this but i missed it.

Also, a 1800 rep was supposed to call me at 530 today and never called.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

Another one.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

206 Messages

8 years ago

According to his other posts, he just had a tech visit on 05/26/2016, and that everything in his house and to the pole is perfect.

Contributor

• 

206 Messages

8 years ago

Better get another. Rick says that's not enough.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

Two tech visits within the last month.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

Ive had like 25 techs here since I got x1 lol. I cant do another right now. Waiting for a new firmware update.

Contributor

• 

598 Messages

8 years ago

Rick is right. I had a similar problem. The tech got everything in the house as close to perfect as possible but it took several calls to find that there was a configuration problem in our segment of the Comcast infrastructure and a neighbor had a bad pole connection that was causing reflections for everyone on our node. That said, X1 still has problems because of it's cloud based design that keep cropping up when connections to the servers are slow. So you can maximize your cabling signals all day but the X1 design is still waiting in the shadows to pull the rug out from under your viewing experience. When I compare the stability of the old system vs the new X1 system, the old system wins hands down.

For some reason Comcast thinks people are more satisfied with new features then reliability in their system. They obviously ignore the plethora of complaints about interrupted service. If they think I wasn't totally incensed about losing 10 minutes of my Broncos winning the super bowl game due to X1 they are WRONG !

X1 = Caveat Emptor

Contributor

• 

206 Messages

8 years ago

The customer shouldn't have to be put in that position. Maybe a single visit is not realistic, but the support and escalation system is still broken if that's what it takes.

Contributor

• 

206 Messages

8 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:
I find it hard to believe the only way to schedule a maintenance tech is to send out a regular tech first. Which is what I did two weeks ago and he said he would schedule one. I cant waste another 3 hours of my time and a new techs time because the last tech failed to do what he said he would.

That part's rough, because there are more fulfillment (service) techs than there are maintenance (plant) techs, who are also more specialized (and probably get paid more). So they need some kind of escalation procedure for the front line to assess the situation first and then turn it over to the next level.

Plus I know there is more than "house to the pole" on the cable network. I've worked in the cable industry for 18 years, not just spent time on forums. I'm not talking about the cause of Adam's issues. Front line techs and maintenance techs have all sorts of tools, meters, analysis data (PNM, ICFR, MER, pre-eq, TDR, and so on) to try to figure that out. It's HFC, there are always going to be problems. It's a tough network to maintain, which is why Comcast is pushing fiber deeper and trying to get actives out of the plant. I'm talking about his support experience and the need to keep calling techs and wasting his time for no resolution. He had someone out 2 weeks ago for the same issue he's always had, not something new that just started today that he needs to call someone back for the 26th time. He shouldn't have to do that and that is where Comcast is failing him as a customer.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here