Community Forum

X1 Technical Issues

Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues

@Craig9244 wrote:
My TV isn't recognizing my X1 set top box. WiFi is working still. I've swapped out the hdmi cable and reset the box mutiple times.... Help please! ??

Ensure that your TV's input is selecetd for the input you are using for the HDMI connection from the X1 Box.   Additionally, ensure that you HDMI connection in the X1 box is the OUT to TV connection and not the INPUT connection  ( it happens more often than hot )....

WiFi is not an X1 issue, but rather a function of your gateway.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

The LCD display shows what appears to be the letters Pst. anyone know what that means? It is accompanied by the RDK-03004 error on the screen.

Diamond Problem Solver

Answered in your thread it means "not a live or usable signal"

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

I've noticed a couple of times when I've paused live TV and then restarted and possibly FFed through a comercial using the 30 sec. skip feature that the program has actually skipped back about 20 minutes. This never happened with my old 3416 DVR. Is this a known problem that has a solution?

Most Valued Poster

@flash333 wrote:

I've noticed a couple of times when I've paused live TV and then restarted and possibly FFed through a comercial using the 30 sec. skip feature that the program has actually skipped back about 20 minutes. This never happened with my old 3416 DVR. Is this a known problem that has a solution?

I was watching a recording yesterday where I ff or skip, and it would show a minute or 2 of content that was from pretty far in the past, then it would resume normal playback.  And I would have to rewind back and watch what I missed, this time it would show the correct content.   This is new behaviour for me.

Frequent Visitor

Every few hours, my x1 box freezes up, shuts down and reboots. Why? I read on theese forums about an amp. I'm assuming this is external from the box, and not wired in line in the drop, right? As in outlet-- amp--x1 settop box.

Expert

@bradide wrote:

Every few hours, my x1 box freezes up, shuts down and reboots. Why? I read on theese forums about an amp. I'm assuming this is external from the box, and not wired in line in the drop, right? As in outlet-- amp--x1 settop box.

If you are having poor signal issues, the zero-loss amp may or may not help...it depends on each individual installation and how your cable infrastructure is run and in shape.  You would be best served by calling into Comcast and request a Tech onsite to diagnose and make repairs to your issue.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

I have one X1 DVR (PX013ANM) and four X1 STBs (SR150BNMD) in my house. Most work OK most of the time except the one STB in my bedroom. Every night it restarts - like all the rest - yet this box almost always fails to connect after restarting. It goes through all the same stuff as the others - Powering up...; Connecting to the X1 entertainment system; etc. - but then after repeating those a few times it just disconnects and I'm left with my TV's message that there is no device connected to this source. Then I have to get up and pull the plug on the X1 box, wait a few minutes, and then plug it back in. Of course then it goes through all the same rigamarole again and finally connects and lets me watch some TV before going to sleep.

This always occurs at the restart at about 2:15 or 2:30 AM, which is when I am getting to bed and would like to watch maybe 30 minutes of TV before dropping off to sleep. Very frustrating when I have to spend almost a half hour first getting the box going again.

Why would this be likely to occur on just one of my boxes? I appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks!

Jim

Expert

@J-Mac wrote:

I have one X1 DVR (PX013ANM) and four X1 STBs (SR150BNMD) in my house. Most work OK most of the time except the one STB in my bedroom. Every night it restarts - like all the rest - yet this box almost always fails to connect after restarting. It goes through all the same stuff as the others - Powering up...; Connecting to the X1 entertainment system; etc. - but then after repeating those a few times it just disconnects and I'm left with my TV's message that there is no device connected to this source. Then I have to get up and pull the plug on the X1 box, wait a few minutes, and then plug it back in. Of course then it goes through all the same rigamarole again and finally connects and lets me watch some TV before going to sleep.

This always occurs at the restart at about 2:15 or 2:30 AM, which is when I am getting to bed and would like to watch maybe 30 minutes of TV before dropping off to sleep. Very frustrating when I have to spend almost a half hour first getting the box going again.

Why would this be likely to occur on just one of my boxes? I appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks!

Jim

If this is happening on just the single box, check to ensure all of your connections are tight at the wall, box and any splitters first.  If it continues, call 877-896-8678 and ask if the box can have the latestFW pushed down to it.  ( It might be hung on the update process since it cannot recover from the nightly reboot ).  If this fails, call for a Techonsite to diagnose and make the repairs to the delivery of the signal to that location.

Expert

@J-Mac wrote:

Thanks!

Jim

you would be upgrading at same price not losing any features but gaining features and speed of menu etc and voice remote and RF pairing (aim anywhere) by swapping out your 150s for xg2's at your local comcast store.

New Poster

This has been an ongoing problem and used the chat service the last time.  They reset it from there end and it did not fix the problem.

The problem:

Every morning when I turn on the main tv, with the X1 anyroom DVR PX013ANC I have to enter the account number, phone number and reset the remote. At one point last week, it reset itself and it lasted about 3 days.  What happens is we lose the recorded shows from the DVR and even though they are in the cloud they do not reappear in the DVR.  

Please advise as soon as possible.

Most Valued Poster

Phantom delete came back for me last night, if it was ever really gone...

Silver Problem Solver

@daishman wrote:

This has been an ongoing problem and used the chat service the last time.  They reset it from there end and it did not fix the problem.

The problem:

Every morning when I turn on the main tv, with the X1 anyroom DVR PX013ANC I have to enter the account number, phone number and reset the remote. At one point last week, it reset itself and it lasted about 3 days.  What happens is we lose the recorded shows from the DVR and even though they are in the cloud they do not reappear in the DVR.  

Please advise as soon as possible.

It sounds like you have an account issue of some kind.  Call customer service and tell them what is happening.

1-877-896-8678

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

If somebody could outline the upstream and downstream limits for me I would really appreciate it.

My downstream center freq-705000000

recieved power-2.9 dbmV

downstream snr- 40.4

upstream freq- 36500000

upstream power-50.0

Diamond Problem Solver

@bradide wrote:

If somebody could outline the upstream and downstream limits for me I would really appreciate it.

My downstream center freq-705000000

recieved power-2.9 dbmV

downstream snr- 40.4

upstream freq- 36500000

upstream power-50.0

Your upstream is borderline high, everything else is well within specs. Your modem stats are almost identical.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I installed an amp and afterwards my downstream power stayed the same 40.4-40.2. My upstream dropped greatly though 50.0-38.5. My box is still freezing up then rebooting at least every hour and sometimes every 15 minutes or so. I have replaced all coax in the house, along with the splitters. It almost has to be the box, in my opinion. Any thoughts?

Diamond Problem Solver

What kind of amp? Going from 38 on upstream to 50 is gaining not dropping. You may not have the right amp

Frequent Visitor

It went from 50 run through a unbalanced splitter to 38.5 with the amp installed. its a 4 port active return amp. Is 38.5 more in line wth specs?

Frequent Visitor

What should the upstream be 35-50 ish? 40 being the target?

Frequent Visitor

So it's been 10 days since I "upgraded". My monthly bill went up aprox. 10 dollars even though I was told it would drop thirty. I haven't had watchable TV in this period. I have spent $180 dollars on cable, splitters, and an amplifier. I have rewired my entire house. A technition came to my house unannounced and ridiculed me for setting up an appointment when I had not recieved the x1 equipment, even though I had not set up the appointment or been notified of it. A service call that I set up was a no call no show. But hey, I "ranked up to Regular Visitor rank! a minute ago"on this forum, so I got that going for me.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

ComcastAndrew has been extremely helpful here. I did not intend for you to be included by proxy in my little rant.

Most Valued Poster

I believe if you pay the extra $4.99 per month for the service protection plan, that they will pay for any rewiring, splitters, amps, etc....

@bradide wrote:

So it's been 10 days since I "upgraded". My monthly bill went up aprox. 10 dollars even though I was told it would drop thirty. I haven't had watchable TV in this period. I have spent $180 dollars on cable, splitters, and an amplifier. I have rewired my entire house. A technition came to my house unannounced and ridiculed me for setting up an appointment when I had not recieved the x1 equipment, even though I had not set up the appointment or been notified of it. A service call that I set up was a no call no show. But hey, I "ranked up to @bradide! a minute ago"on this forum, so I got that going for me.

Frequent Visitor

I pay it. But if nobody will come, it has to be done so I can get the TV I'm paying for. Febuary 18th is the next available date.

Diamond Problem Solver

@bradide wrote:

So it's been 10 days since I "upgraded". My monthly bill went up aprox. 10 dollars even though I was told it would drop thirty. I haven't had watchable TV in this period. I have spent $180 dollars on cable, splitters, and an amplifier. I have rewired my entire house. A technition came to my house unannounced and ridiculed me for setting up an appointment when I had not recieved the x1 equipment, even though I had not set up the appointment or been notified of it. A service call that I set up was a no call no show. But hey, I "ranked up to @bradide! a minute ago"on this forum, so I got that going for me.

I love rants. What kind of amp? Does it look like attached? Is it tiling etc that's making it unwatchable 

image.jpg
Frequent Visitor

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005P12QME?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 The x1 box freezes up and reboots at least once an hour and usually every 10-15 minutes

Frequent Visitor

Now I'm reading online about the need for a "MoCA filter".... great....

Diamond Problem Solver

@bradide wrote:

Now I'm reading online about the need for a "MoCA filter".... great....

The Moca filter "should" already be in place outside, but it has nothing to do with tiling. It just keeps your recordings in house and keeps them from transmitting to the neighbors ( think of it like a reflector). 

Diamond Problem Solver

@bradide wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005P12QME?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 The x1 box freezes up and reboots at least once an hour and usually every 10-15 minutes

That's not the right one to use for X1. The one I posted( of 2 acceptable types) eliminates splitters if you are able to home run your cables to that spot. And won't add to the upstream or lose signal on the downstream.

Frequent Visitor

I tried a no loss amp, looked a little different than what you posted, it was white. My neighbor took it out of his house, for me to try, comcast installed it. Looks like I'm waiting untill the middle of Febuary to get cable looked at.....

Diamond Problem Solver

@bradide wrote:

I pay it. But if nobody will come, it has to be done so I can get the TV I'm paying for. Febuary 18th is the next available date.

Check your private messages.

New Poster

I have been beyond disappointed with X1 since I "upgraded."  I have had to reset my boxes at least 5 times every few hours.  The lip sync doesn't match up and worse....there is no way to actually reach anyone to talk to them.  They send a refresh singal....then you have to wait half an hour to see if it works?  I am not paying this much to have my cable freeze up constantly and then not be able to write or talk to anyone to get it fixed.  BTW...my internet is slower than before I upgraded.  What do I need to do to actually watch one show all the way through without having to go through the minute long box reset?????

New Poster

I had my X1 main box replaced due to some HD channels not working. All of my recorded programs are not showing up. My scheduled reocrdings are showing up but none that are already recorded. I performed a sync and rebooted the box. I thought that since it was cloud based it would show my previously recoreded programs. Any help would be appreciated

Gold Problem Solver

Any time you replace a Comcast DVR, the recordings stored on the box are gone and cannot be retrieved. It makes no difference if you have cloud DVR service or not. However if you live in a cloud DVR market the recordings can still be played on your portable devices. But they cannot be retrieved for viewing on TV.

@waldo5678 wrote:

I had my X1 main box replaced due to some HD channels not working. All of my recorded programs are not showing up. My scheduled reocrdings are showing up but none that are already recorded. I performed a sync and rebooted the box. I thought that since it was cloud based it would show my previously recoreded programs. Any help would be appreciated

Expert

@vipey7 wrote:

I have been beyond disappointed with X1 since I "upgraded."  I have had to reset my boxes at least 5 times every few hours.  The lip sync doesn't match up and worse....there is no way to actually reach anyone to talk to them.  They send a refresh singal....then you have to wait half an hour to see if it works?  I am not paying this much to have my cable freeze up constantly and then not be able to write or talk to anyone to get it fixed.  BTW...my internet is slower than before I upgraded.  What do I need to do to actually watch one show all the way through without having to go through the minute long box reset?????

go to xfinity>>settings(gear)>>about and see if your firmware listed under STB line is 2.2p5.. if not call 877-896-8678 and ask them to push out the current firmware.

Most Valued Poster

@waldo5678 wrote:

Yes, based on common "cloud" implementations, Google, Apple, etc., you would expect to be able to restore your recordings.  But Comcast has taken a different path...

New Poster

SO does that mean that my recordings won't be restored to the main DVR? They show up online so I guess I can watch them there

Silver Problem Solver

@waldo5678 wrote:

SO does that mean that my recordings won't be restored to the main DVR? They show up online so I guess I can watch them there

Correct.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver
Expert

@waldo5678 wrote:

don't let anyone convince you to delete the recordings on the 'old' DVR as that would also delete the recordings on the cloud DVR

Contributor

_

Cross posting from another thread to in here for hopefully more exposure.  Strange issue with Vertical image placement:

nYMVyx4

If you look at the image there is a black bar at the top, but also about 2 rows of pixels above that.  The pixels above the black bar actually belong to the bottom of the image.  So the Vertical placment on screen is incorrect.  Output does not matter (720,1080), Zoom is not set.  Cable and input on TV/Receiver does not matter.  Another forum member is experiencing the same issue (http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-Channels-are-not-all-at-the-same-screen-position/td-p/2690566).  This is random, and not always the same channel or programming.  Restarting the box does not help.  Some programs work fine OnDemand but on DVR have the issue.  Exact same program.  Sometimes one channel is fine, other times the same channel has the issue.

Any ideas?  Issue is only present in video, not in screen savers or menus.

New Poster

Upgraded my comcast service last week and received my X1 cable box today. When I turn it on, I either get the welcome boot up screen, followed by the connected to my entertainment screen, to nothing, or a bright blue screen. My television defaults to a black screen, when nothing is on the input. I have a tech scheduled to come out, but the earliest they can come is sunday (superbowl!!!). I tried using the online chat feature, but to no avail. Any tips to get it working?

Frequent Visitor

I had a simular experience and switching out my hdmi cable actually helped.

I know it does not make sense because you do have output displayed when it is starting up. But it did seem to work.

Or maybe try to hook it up with the old style cables(cant really rember what the hookup option is besides hdmi. RCA or coaxial??) and see if that gets you a picture for now.

Expert

@kelseyllhunt wrote:

Upgraded my comcast service last week and received my X1 cable box today. When I turn it on, I either get the welcome boot up screen, followed by the connected to my entertainment screen, to nothing, or a bright blue screen. My television defaults to a black screen, when nothing is on the input. I have a tech scheduled to come out, but the earliest they can come is sunday (superbowl!!!). I tried using the online chat feature, but to no avail. Any tips to get it working?

Unfortunately, you will need the services of the Tech onsite to evaluate and make repairs to the cable infrastructure since this is an self-install upgrade.  WHat worked with legacy cable may or may not be sufficient with the X1 platform.

Most Valued Poster

@Ryancrice wrote:

_

Cross posting from another thread to in here for hopefully more exposure.  Strange issue with Vertical image placement:

nYMVyx4

If you look at the image there is a black bar at the top, but also about 2 rows of pixels above that.  The pixels above the black bar actually belong to the bottom of the image.  So the Vertical placment on screen is incorrect.  Output does not matter (720,1080), Zoom is not set.  Cable and input on TV/Receiver does not matter.  Another forum member is experiencing the same issue (http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-Channels-are-not-all-at-the-same-screen-position/td-p/2690566).  This is random, and not always the same channel or programming.  Restarting the box does not help.  Some programs work fine OnDemand but on DVR have the issue.  Exact same program.  Sometimes one channel is fine, other times the same channel has the issue.

Any ideas?  Issue is only present in video, not in screen savers or menus.

When I first turn on my tv I get a line of pixels at the top of the screen that kind of blinks but it goes away rather quickly. I decided I was not to mention it on the forums and then I saw your post. With all the X1 issues I have am not going to worry over this one unless it gets bigger or stays longer...lol.

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

re: 1.59.08 xre and 2.2p3s2 firmware

the dvr ghosting of a recorded asset after deletion is still there. Took several days to happen

again so didn't know it was still broken. deletefail2.jpg

Yep the ghost is 'alive' and well more than ever. Many assets just will not delete no matter what we do. This is an old problem that keeps coming back.  I get the message you show when I try to 'open' the show and try to cancel it that way rather than going over to the 'X' to delete.  The DVR service is working perfectly regardless of that message EXCEPT for the deleting part so that message is misleading.

Most Valued Poster

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

the dvr ghosting of a recorded asset after deletion is still there. Took several days to happen

Yep the ghost is 'alive' and well more than ever. Many assets just will not delete no matter what we do. This is an old problem that keeps coming back.  I get the message you show when I try to 'open' the show and try to cancel it that way rather than going over to the 'X' to delete.  The DVR service is working perfectly regardless of that message EXCEPT for the deleting part so that message is misleading.

Still have that issue.  I went to the recently deleted and "permanently deleted" the show that wouldn't go away, and it went away immediately.  So that might be a workaround (to add to the list...).

Expert

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

Still have that issue.  I went to the recently deleted and "permanently deleted" the show that wouldn't go away, and it went away immediately.  So that might be a workaround (to add to the list...).

it is easy to clear (just put in power save mode for a second or two) and the ghost listings go away. with fw 2.2p5 and xre server 1.60.04 2/2/2016 new problem: intermittent full loss of communication and status with other DVRs in home. Same reset fixed it wish I had checked the MoCA table before resetting it. To me it looked like the box had lost MoCA mesh connection.

Most Valued Poster

tctc and Rustyben.....thanks for the two new workarounds. Instead of feature 'how to do' Comcast needs to do 'how to workaround' . More and more instead of fixing bugs expecially long time existing ones they wait for users to come up with out of the box ways to solve things. Great way to run a business I must say.

Regular Contributor

Feature Request: Info Footer Bar at Bottom of Screen

Please give users the option of turning off the info footer that appears at the bottom of the screen and stays there for five seconds after almost every action. It's distracting and annoying, and it makes replaying a small section of a program or sporting event very difficult when it blocks so much of the content. I know what channel I'm watching! And if I forget it is easy to get that information otherwise!

While I'm at it I might as well mention another annoyance: The prompt that tells me I can simply press the Fast Forward button to jump ahead 24 hours in the Guide. Once you know that you never, ever need to be reminded of it again! When it appears it covers the timeline at the top of the guide and is generally distracting. Whoever designed these notifications I'm sure had good intentions, but they become annoying very quickly.

Thank you.

Jim

PS - And, yes... I do know that I can press Exit to end the info footer early. But that requires keeping the remote in hand at all times and since the footer appears so often it's even more annoying to Exit from it constantly. (Adding this because I notice that someone always replies to similar posts with this information!)

Expert

Re: Feature Request: Info Footer Bar at Bottom of Screen

@J-Mac wrote:

Please give users the option of turning off the info footer that appears at the bottom of the screen and stays there for five seconds after almost every action. It's distracting and annoying, and it makes replaying a small section of a program or sporting event very difficult when it blocks so much of the content. I know what channel I'm watching! And if I forget it is easy to get that information otherwise!

While I'm at it I might as well mention another annoyance: The prompt that tells me I can simply press the Fast Forward button to jump ahead 24 hours in the Guide. Once you know that you never, ever need to be reminded of it again! When it appears it covers the timeline at the top of the guide and is generally distracting. Whoever designed these notifications I'm sure had good intentions, but they become annoying very quickly.

Thank you.

Jim

PS - And, yes... I do know that I can press Exit to end the info footer early. But that requires keeping the remote in hand at all times and since the footer appears so often it's even more annoying to Exit from it constantly. (Adding this because I notice that someone always replies to similar posts with this information!)

actually better to press up because if your timing is bad (it removed itself just before hitting exit) you will actually exit the viewing of your asset (on demand or DVR recording).