Community Forum

X1 Technical Issues

New Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Have issues at least once a week which I can usually fix myself by rebooting a few times. However, tonight I have no signal whatsoever on the screen. I switched around HDMI cords, but it did not make a difference. The box appears to be ok, with the power button on, and time displayed. Very, very frustrated with X1 in the few months I've had it. Moving soon, and ready to switch to Verizon.
Contributor

And the X1 problems continue. Amazing how long people will continue to pay for such junk. When will you people learn this product is NOT worth the money? This product is still in experiment process and you the customers are the lab rats. Wake up people. I got rid of the X1 a month ago and my headaches went with it. Try Dish Network. I did. And my bill is $25 cheaper for more channels. But keep calling 1-800-COMCAST. You are at the main menu... LOL

New Poster

I just cancelled all Comcast service today after a nightmare experience.

I had called in to lower my bill as my old DVR with one extra room (with internet) service had gotten to over $206 a month. I got setup with a X1 package that was supposed to be $122/month OTD - this was a fair price I thought.

After getting all of my X1 equipment swapped in and setup, I noticed digital artifiacting in the image on an intermitant basis.

I called tech support who did all their reset things (which I had already done with the my account app) and they decided that they would send a technician out to further troubleshoot.

The tech showed up without the phone call 30 minutes in advance as promised only to find that the previous tech (who had installed the original anyroom service) had installed a one way filter backwards, and that the splitter used outside the house had too much loss. After fixing those things - he said that my signal just barely passed for X1 service, and that they would look into upgrading my neighborhood. Talk is cheap. 

Nothing was done for the neighborhood, and it turned out that they charged me $70 for the tech to come out and determine that their service was barely cutting it. For a week it seemed that things had improved - perhaps that filter being backwards really was the issue?! 

Then when going to watch a pre-recorded show from the night before, it was so full of digital artifacting and glitching, that it was un-watchable. 

I called in to get tier two tech support last night (the field tech said to do so) and after going back and forth with the phone rep, supposedly tier two refused to take my call. That was it.

Today is the last day I will be a Comcast customer. 

Not only was this new X1 service terrible in my area - the supposed jump from the 105 mbps internet service to 50 mbps turned into more like 20 mbps. (After I used to have 120 mbps at times from the 105 package) I know there is no lack of bandwidth at my address - it just seems that something else must be wrong. Perhaps the ping was too long X1 to work well? Dunno - but I'm done!

Oh, and the fact that they tried charging me for the service call without ever informing me - that's bordering on criminal if you ask me. Most hated company in America - seems for good reason.

New Poster

I'm experiencing the same errors, and subsequent display. It goes on to read:

DOCSIS Common download
DOCSIS channel: locked
two way mode: signed on
Waiting for snap trigger

My other products seem to work, but this one HD box.
Silver Problem Solver

@Ebby207 wrote:
I'm experiencing the same errors, and subsequent display. It goes on to read:

DOCSIS Common download
DOCSIS channel: locked
two way mode: signed on
Waiting for snap trigger

My other products seem to work, but this one HD box.

Did you call 1-877-896-8678?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yes, I was on line with customer service/tech support for nearly 2.5 hours yesterday evening trying to resolve the issue.

They've scheduled a time for a technician to come to my home for Sunday.

Like many of the previous posters, I'm a brand new customer. We received the equipment yesterday and had problems with the HD box the same day. 

Gold Problem Solver

It doesn't matter if older equipment worked for you. X1 has entirely different signal requirements. I am glad you have a tech coming out. I think it is needed.

@Ebby207 wrote:

Yes, I was on line with customer service/tech support for nearly 2.5 hours yesterday evening trying to resolve the issue.

They've scheduled a time for a technician to come to my home for Sunday.

Like many of the previous posters, I'm a brand new customer. We received the equipment yesterday and had problems with the HD box the same day. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Recorded shows on X1 DVR pixelated when playing back

Hi Rick, thanks for the reply.

A follow up question, if I may, if I unplug and reboot my DVR, and the fix works, it is only going to prevent any future recordings from being pixelated and unwatchable, correct?  I am assuming  that the ones already recorded are stuck in whatever quality they were at the time they were recorded?

Michelle

Gold Problem Solver

I believe you are correct Michelle. Unless your DVR is actually defective. It's rare but it does happen.

@dogmadre wrote:

Hi Rick, thanks for the reply.

A follow up question, if I may, if I unplug and reboot my DVR, and the fix works, it is only going to prevent any future recordings from being pixelated and unwatchable, correct?  I am assuming  that the ones already recorded are stuck in whatever quality they were at the time they were recorded?

Michelle

New Poster

I have had the X1 system with 3 tv's and a DVR for 10 months.  I don't think I have had a week go by without having to reset the box (es) or it simply not working.  I have had technicians out at least 4 times and every time they try something else.  Now I have someone coming out again this week.  My problems are either not cocmmunicating with the DVR or it just freezes up and the whole thing does not work. 

Is this normal?  If so I amthinking of boing back to tht eold system.

Regular Contributor

Hi Rick,  I meat to follow up on your first reply to my query.  I think it might be happening on my companion box as well as my main DVR.  Does that change your suggestion to restart my box?

Michelle

New Poster

After recently upgrading to the new X1 equipment, we are consistently having issues with our service.  From a TV perspective we have have spent hours now on the phone trying to fix outages in service. Customer service via phone as been poor at best.  If my husband hadn't called from his business and spoke to his business representative....I am not sure they would have ever stopped passing him from department to department.  I was fortunate enough last time to use the chat function and found someone who really tried to help and was able to reset the system on her side. Unfortunately, yet again tonight we received the RDK - 03032 error message.  We never had to manually reset our old boxes as often as our family room box needs to be reset.  We have intermitent problems with our internet and phone service as well.  We are a wireless household so when we have these types of issues with our Comcast issued router it is extremely frustrating.  I am not sure the lack of reliability in this product is worth the money we spend.  At this time we are considering other alternatives for our needs.

New Poster

So again this morning we need to reset our box due to a RDK - 03003 error code.  Is this a bad box?

Silver Problem Solver

I suspect you have a bad connection somewhere to Comcast.

You may need a tech visit to find the problem.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I am seeing intermittent (but frequent) "RDK-03031" errors on my satellite receiver.  Rebooting the satellite seems to resolve the issue for a brief time period, but this happens quite often and the constat rebooting is a real issue.

What can I do to permanently resolve this?

New Poster

I will try to be as brief and simple as I can about this.

Using the non DVR X1 box.

I bought a new Samsung UHD 4k TV. The best resolution I am getting from any HD channel is 1920x1080 which is standard HD.  Samsung states and I was told by the salesman the tv should upscale to 3840x2160. Now, before you say this is a TV issue… this is what has happened since I bought the TV in December. I took the TV back and it was replaced.  Same issue, so this time I called Samsung tech support.  They sent a repair guy out and they replaced the motherboard. Same issue. I called Tech support back. They say it must be something with the cable box or the signal and that my TV is only upscaling from std def to HD.  I am at a loss.

The tv has a menu option that will show what resolution the screen is at.

I have the setting in the X1 box set to 16:9 1080p and have also tried 16:9 1080i. 

I am hoping someone here as experience the same thing or has a Samsung UHD tv and knows of some setting on configuration that needs to be done for the tv to upscale.  The frustrating thing is that I have a regular Samsung HD tv that cost ¼ of the UHD and produces the same if not better picture than the UHD.

Expert

@unoigo wrote:

I will try to be as brief and simple as I can about this.

Using the non DVR X1 box.

I bought a new Samsung UHD 4k TV. The best resolution I am getting from any HD channel is 1920x1080 which is standard HD.  Samsung states and I was told by the salesman the tv should upscale to 3840x2160. Now, before you say this is a TV issue… this is what has happened since I bought the TV in December. I took the TV back and it was replaced.  Same issue, so this time I called Samsung tech support.  They sent a repair guy out and they replaced the motherboard. Same issue. I called Tech support back. They say it must be something with the cable box or the signal and that my TV is only upscaling from std def to HD.  I am at a loss.

The tv has a menu option that will show what resolution the screen is at.

I have the setting in the X1 box set to 16:9 1080p and have also tried 16:9 1080i. 

I am hoping someone here as experience the same thing or has a Samsung UHD tv and knows of some setting on configuration that needs to be done for the tv to upscale.  The frustrating thing is that I have a regular Samsung HD tv that cost ¼ of the UHD and produces the same if not better picture than the UHD.

you won't watch the comcast ultra HD using your x1 box at this time. You have to use the TV's Menu system/apps to get the comcast HD app. Run that app on your television (need ethernet connection) and login using your comcast username/password. The available content will display in that app.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks.

While I understand that there isn't any UHD content availabe other than the Xfinity app or Netflix... shouldn't the TV upscale standard HD to UHD... meaning I should go from 1920x1080 to 3840x2160 via upscale?  At least this is what I am told by Samsung.  They even replaced the mother board because my TV was upscaling.  Blue Ray does get upscaled, netflix UHD does come across as 3840x2160.   Samsung's stance is now that my signal from X1 Box is not HD abd that the TV is only upscaling from std def to HD.

Expert

@unoigo wrote:

Thanks.

While I understand that there isn't any UHD content availabe other than the Xfinity app or Netflix... shouldn't the TV upscale standard HD to UHD... meaning I should go from 1920x1080 to 3840x2160 via upscale?  At least this is what I am told by Samsung.  They even replaced the mother board because my TV was upscaling.  Blue Ray does get upscaled, netflix UHD does come across as 3840x2160.   Samsung's stance is now that my signal from X1 Box is not HD abd that the TV is only upscaling from std def to HD.

I'm presuming you are hooked up via HDMI or component cables and your x1 set top box is set to output 720/1080. To check, verify your connection from the X1 is to your TV or Receiver via HDMI cable or via Composite cables. If you are connecting via coax to your TV from x1 that will not be HD at all but a downmixed SD.

The X1 menu will tell you what HD is sent out via HD capable output ports. Hit the xFinity button>Gear>Device Settings>Video Display>Video Output Resolution. As a TV tech, I'd recommend 1080i if you are hooked up with component cables for video or HDMI. If the TV menu system sees the connection for video at 1080i/p then the X1 set top box is connected properly.

As for up-converting, the TV won't change 'to' 1080*2=3160 it just 'interpolates' the 1080 image to fit doubling lines or perhaps doing some math-based combining of adjacent lines to create the extra line. That isn't part of the X1 STB's job at all.

(note: there is no difference in the amount of data in 1080i and 1080p, no matter what your digital TV receives it converts it to an internal 'progressive' image to display. the question is which device has the most efficient converter/scaler and for your top of the line TV i'm guessing that your TV is the hands down processor of video winner). Let us know how you like the ultra-HD.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thanks again.  I guess this is a learning experience more than anything.

All connections are via HDMI (2.0 I believe)

Yes, I did check the X1 stb settings and currently have it on 16:9 1080p... I will try 1080i and see if that helps. 

The picture as is, is good. I guess I was just expecting more since I assumed the upscaling would make a difference,.  My 40" smasung HDTV is just as good as this 55" UHDTV.  The difference does come into play when watching UHD on Netflix though.  Night and day difference compared to standard HD.  Looking forward to more UHD content,

Thanks again!

New Poster

XFINITY ERROR CODES

ANY ONE HAVE RESOLUTION FOR ERROR CODE XRE-000110

Valued Contributor

Re: XFINITY ERROR CODES

@tommyboo wrote:

ANY ONE HAVE RESOLUTION FOR ERROR CODE XRE-000110

Please see the link below.  Do you have a box that's not plugged in?  It seems your box with the 110 error is not able to see another box on the MoCA network.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-xre-00110-it-appears-that-your-dv...

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have the error code XRE 000110 also. Can't watch any TV at all!  Tech support had no clue what the code was. I was told that someone  from tech would call me within 72 hours. So I'm suppose to just  wait  with no TV until they get around to calling. If I was talking to tech support why do I have to wait up to 72 hours for tech support to call me? I thought tech support was tech support. Makes no sense to me. 

New Poster

I went to the site the provided for this problem it was just as useless as the guy I talked to àt tech support. Maybe  it's time to try another company 

Expert

@kat2364 wrote:

I went to the site the provided for this problem it was just as useless as the guy I talked to àt tech support. Maybe  it's time to try another company 

What phone number did you call? Does the problem happen on your x1 DVR(s)?

New Poster

Reboot took care of the problem.......

Frequent Visitor

I had an issue with my new X1 satellite box.  It was frozen on a firmware download screen.  I spoke with tech support 4 times.  Each time they tried to reset the box to no avail.  They said they would have a technician come out to look at it.  After scheduling the appointment, I called to confirm that the home visit would be no charge.  They told me it would be $60.  I cancelled the appointment.  Like I did with my old boxes, I went to a certified Comcast store.  They refused to switch out the box they just gave to me a few days earlier.  How is this possible?  The manager said she could only issue new x1 boxes to upgrading customers.  Again, I ask, how is this possible?

She arranged for a technician to come to my house (free of charge she says) – he switched out the box and it worked. 

I would like a response, as to why your “Full” service center was unwilling to help me?  Please feel free to contact me via this forum, e-mail, or phone.

Thank you,

Expert

@jjones1967 wrote:

I had an issue with my new X1 satellite box.  It was frozen on a firmware download screen.  I spoke with tech support 4 times.  Each time they tried to reset the box to no avail.  They said they would have a technician come out to look at it.  After scheduling the appointment, I called to confirm that the home visit would be no charge.  They told me it would be $60.  I cancelled the appointment.  Like I did with my old boxes, I went to a certified Comcast store.  They refused to switch out the box they just gave to me a few days earlier.  How is this possible?  The manager said she could only issue new x1 boxes to upgrading customers.  Again, I ask, how is this possible?

She arranged for a technician to come to my house (free of charge she says) – he switched out the box and it worked. 

I would like a response, as to why your “Full” service center was unwilling to help me?  Please feel free to contact me via this forum, e-mail, or phone.

Thank you,

hi, just another customer here, that is mostly who replies here. You got the standard 'warning' about charges but since your box is cratered there won't be a charge. replacement X1 equipment for some reason is not provided at an office. Reschedule your appointment so they can swap it out.

In the meantime, a red-letter 'name' (comcast employee) may be able to contact you via private message (PM). If they do they will reply here before sending you the PM. There is a procedure they might ask you to do to reset the companion set top box. stay safe, don't worry. 

Regular Contributor

Do they really NOT provide replacements at their offices?

That's one of the options they gave me, after 58 minutes on the phone and me trying to explain that I didn't think the box was the problem, just that the platform has continual issues for pretty much all users.  I would have been really angry if they sent me to the office then wouldn't swap out my box.

Of course now I have to take another day out of my schedule to be home for a tech to try to get this "state of the art" platform to perform at the same level as the old DVR.

I really wonder, have others had these issues go away after getting a different box?

My ongoing mostly intermittent issues, that supposedly a tech with a new box will resolve -

(Maybe it's not a good sample set, but from what I've read on the forums, these seem to be mostly universal issues that people just decide to live with or use workarounds for, or are continually resetting their boxes.  And the 4 times I've had techs at my house, they all say, yeah, this is pretty much how it works.)

- No sound when TV is turned on

- Sound and picture not synched

- Rewinding live tv jumps back to live

- fastforwarding a recording jumps to live

- resuming a recording starts over from the begininning instead of last place left off

- dvr or x1 service not available to watch or to delete a recording, or to access on demand

- black screen with nothing.

- recording "not available"  even though I was watching it 10 minutes ago and it probably will be avaiable again in another 10

- setting a recording does nothing

- significantly delayed remote response on satellite boxes

- can't rewind into a show that has parental code, asks for code, enter code, goes back to live, repeat

- asks for parental code multiple times in a row

Other things that should work, since they work on much older platforms and competive systems

- should be able to clear your history from the For You, pressing D does nothing here (or For You can just go away...)

- DVR should be accessable during an outage

- slow motion should be slow.  there should be frame by frame capability

- play and pause need to be different buttons for slow motion to work properly

- should be able to access recordings with one button, not 4, before you can start to scroll down to select

- icons and progess bar should go away much faster (slow motion is useless when you can't see a large part of the screen)

Expert

@tctc wrote:

Do they really NOT provide replacements at their offices?

That's one of the options they gave me, after 58 minutes on the phone and me trying to explain that I didn't think the box was the problem, just that the platform has continual issues for pretty much all users.  I would have been really angry if they sent me to the office then wouldn't swap out my box.

Of course now I have to take another day out of my schedule to be home for a tech to try to get this "state of the art" platform to perform at the same level as the old DVR.

I really wonder, have others had these issues go away after getting a different box?

My ongoing mostly intermittent issues, that supposedly a tech with a new box will resolve -

(Maybe it's not a good sample set, but from what I've read on the forums, these seem to be mostly universal issues that people just decide to live with or use workarounds for, or are continually resetting their boxes.  And the 4 times I've had techs at my house, they all say, yeah, this is pretty much how it works.)

- No sound when TV is turned on

- Sound and picture not synched

- Rewinding live tv jumps back to live

- fastforwarding a recording jumps to live

- resuming a recording starts over from the begininning instead of last place left off

- dvr or x1 service not available to watch or to delete a recording, or to access on demand

- black screen with nothing.

- recording "not available"  even though I was watching it 10 minutes ago and it probably will be avaiable again in another 10

- setting a recording does nothing

- significantly delayed remote response on satellite boxes

- can't rewind into a show that has parental code, asks for code, enter code, goes back to live, repeat

- asks for parental code multiple times in a row

Other things that should work, since they work on much older platforms and competive systems

- should be able to clear your history from the For You, pressing D does nothing here (or For You can just go away...)

- DVR should be accessable during an outage

- slow motion should be slow.  there should be frame by frame capability

- play and pause need to be different buttons for slow motion to work properly

- should be able to access recordings with one button, not 4, before you can start to scroll down to select

- icons and progess bar should go away much faster (slow motion is useless when you can't see a large part of the screen)

from your lips to comcast's ear Smiley Happy  i said same in detailed suggestion re: jog shuttle

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/Upcoming-X1-Updates/m-p/2372573/highlight/true#M38751

a recent thread said that they plan to change the x1 dvr so even if lose cable completely the customer can still watch recorded shows.

Regular Contributor

That would be nice, but without a massive hard drive on the DVR I'm not sure how it would be implemented.

Another great advantage of the hard drive is the buffer and the potential for a full return of real slow motion functionality, since it wouldn't cause any server issues.

On another note, I just spent over 3 hours with chat support trying to access my account online, they can't figure out the issue (was on the chat with 4 different people).

Also trying to set up a new satellite box (5th chat person), but they can't do it.  I have to have a tech come out.

They can successfully send a signal that knocks out my internet for 5 minutes, but nothing that will fix the RDK 03-003 error.

And of course they left me hanging in the chat, since I was knocked off the internet.

And they failed to mention when I called to request the box in the first place (after I specifically asked 3 different times just to be sure) that it will cost me $9.95 per month to add service for this one box.

If I was paid for the time I have spent on the phone, with a tech at my house, or on the chat help, I would have free service for many years to come...

I'm buying a new car next week, put down the deposit today.  I fully expect that it will take me 90% of the way to work and I'll have to get out and walk the rest of the way there, pretty much every day.   Some days I'll be able to get it to restart after 5 minutes, but I'll never know when that will help.  But it is a state of the art new car.  And I'll be paying full price...

Frequent Visitor

Trying to use the X1 TV app on my iPad. Indicates not available in my area but heard this might be because I have my own modem and router. Is this possible?
Expert

@Paulvr54 wrote:
Trying to use the X1 TV app on my iPad. Indicates not available in my area but heard this might be because I have my own modem and router. Is this possible?

customer owned router works fine. you can test to see if cloud dvr service is available on your account now by going to http://xtv.comcast.net.

Post your Zip code if not showing available and ask if there is a time table for your zip code area to get the cloud dvr feature.

Frequent Visitor

So it does show as not available in my area. I'm at zip 49546 so yes I would like to know the time table. Thanks Rustyben.
Silver Problem Solver

Comcast doesn't publish timetables.

Frequent Visitor

I can understand given that people will hold off subscribing or leave if it's to far off but some broad idea would be nice. 1st half, 1st qtr?............. I promise not to tell😉
Silver Problem Solver

@Paulvr54 wrote:
I can understand given that people will hold off subscribing or leave if it's to far off but some broad idea would be nice. 1st half, 1st qtr?............. I promise not to tell😉

As users, we have no clue, no inside information.

How about - 2015?

Expert

Has anyone had an ARRIS XG1-A revert back from its 2.0 FW lately?   Mine did last night and am wondering WHY ?????

-=Ray=-

Frequent Visitor

What a nightmare of an evening I had with X1 and Comcast last night. Lost 3 hours of my life, as well as all my so called "cloud stored" recordings.

A while back I posted here about the master box in our X1 system having an intermiitent audio pop, followed by the picture going black and sound going away. I spoke with tech support and they were unable to find a problem with the boxe via remote troubleshooting. They gave me a reference number and said to call when the box was acting up. I never was able to gat a tech on the phone at the same time the box was acting up, but two different techs said it was probably the box and to exchange it. I asked, and was assured, that since my DVR service was cloud storage that all of my recordings and scheduled future recordings would move into the new box. The CS rep at the local Xfinity store where I exchanged the box last also confirmed this. Unfortunatlety, it was only half true. The schedule migrates in, but not the unwatched previous recordings. Add to this, I was being assured how easy self-install is now for X1 (and it was, kinda...except for the stuff that didn't work right away, like being able to record at all, get On Demand channels, and of course not seeing any previous recordings or scheduled recordings).

I wound up wasting 3 hours of my life dealing with two surly and rude techs, one of whom seemed more interested in upselling me to a triple play (I am in contract now for double play) than halping solve my current problems. Finally, after a third attempt I was fortunate enough to get a friendly tech who working through things for me, on demand started to work, I could see my scheduled future recordings, and she did what she could.

Three hours of my life gone. What a nightmare. I am hardly a technaphobe. In fact, I am a Television Engineer for a major university and part of my duties include running a cable TV plant (QAM, DOCSIS, and IPTV) for around 8000 residents so I am no stranger to this technology.

Yeah, I'm not happy. I will say, I do like the new remote though!

New Poster

this is my problem, got X1 box while back ago, everything was perfect until end of january, when my box start on and off 2 or 3 times a day, called comcast, sent a tech, changed the box, but guess what?...the problem still there, box is off and on now 4 times a day....and i am getting tire....any help on this?

Silver Problem Solver

@geek46 wrote:

Has anyone had an ARRIS XG1-A revert back from its 2.0 FW lately?   Mine did last night and am wondering WHY ?????

-=Ray=-

In the 2,0 thread, it was mentioned there were some changes that needed to be made to it, so Comcast rolled it back.

Comcast does this all the time,

Highlighted
New Poster

"Free To Me" Filter

Guide button to bring up guide.

Guide button to change to Movies guide view.

Arrow up to change Filter from All Programs to Free To Me, filter setting is now Free Only.

Movies displayed are exactly the same... not only free, but those movie channels requiring a paid subscription.  For example, I do not subscribe to Cinemax (i.e. not free to me), but Cinemax movies still display with Free To Me filter is enabled.

Is this by design?  If so, "Free To Me" label is misleading.

Regular Visitor

I need a remedy for the constant tiling/pixilation that occurs in every program I record since switching to X1.  Any hints will be appreciated.   

Problem Solver

X1 dvr pixelating on playback will only occur if the source signal has issues. I guarantee that if you were to watch those same showsn live it would still occur. It is possible that your older equipment wasn't as sensitive as x1 for tuner locking.
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the reply, but I'm not sure i see a solution in your answer.  Can you clarify with a suggestion? 

@gotpizza wrote:
X1 dvr pixelating on playback will only occur if the source signal has issues. I guarantee that if you were to watch those same showsn live it would still occur. It is possible that your older equipment wasn't as sensitive as x1 for tuner locking.

Silver Problem Solver

Call 1-877-896-8678 and describe your problem to them.

Problem Solver

Llke Robert is saying call the hotline. Get a tech out there. It is not equipment related. Therefore just short of us explaining how to rewire your home there isn't much we can offer you. The issue is signal, which could be in your home or within comcastlandvilletown...
Regular Visitor

thank you

@RobertWy wrote:

Call 1-877-896-8678 and describe your problem to them.

Regular Visitor

okay

New Poster

I have had problems with this X1 DVR since I got it. Every day when I turn it on, it first displays correctly, then, sometimes only after pushing a button on the remote, part of the screen goes black. When I press the xfinity button the guide/selection screen displays in what looks like a standard (640x480) part of the widescreen in the upper-left corner. The only way I have to fix it is to reset the box, which works.

Until next day, when the same thing happens. I think something gets set wrong when it does the overnight updates (which is usually how updates happe)

anyone seen this - or have a fix?