Community Forum

X1 TV box broken --won't even turn on

Highlighted
New Poster

X1 TV box broken --won't even turn on

I can't get through to a human customer service representative through any other means so hopefully someone with the company will see this and do something about it.

My TV box Serial #: PAQT00795087 literally will not turn on or function whatsoever. I need to make arrangements for a replacement.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: X1 TV box broken --won't even turn on

@johnsosnowski wrote:

I can't get through to a human customer service representative through any other means so hopefully someone with the company will see this and do something about it.

My TV box Serial #: PAQT00795087 literally will not turn on or function whatsoever. I need to make arrangements for a replacement.

did you take the power supply and the set top box to (for example) a kitchen AC outlet and plug it in there to see if the LEDs came on?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

The box is plugged in properly. No LEDs, nothing. It's like it completely conked out

Highlighted
Expert

@johnsosnowski wrote:

The box is plugged in properly. No LEDs, nothing. It's like it completely conked out

real test is to remove the box and the power supply and cord and take to the kitchen (example and plug in the cords to a different outlet and see if it comes on at that location (LED on the box power on).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!