Community Forum

X1 TV Box Buzzing Sound

joepard36
New Poster

X1 TV Box Buzzing Sound

I'm on my second box in 24 hours and they both make an irritatiing buzzing sound.

When Xfinity was installed last week, they gave me the older box (with digital clock), and that made a horrible fan/humming sound.

I called customer service and they told me I would have to swap it out. I drove 20 miles to my nearesr store and was given the X1 Box.  It makes a different annoying sound.

I had Fios for a decade and I never heard a single noise coming from the box.

Why is this such a problem?  Is there any quiet box?  Do I have to go back to Fios?

Rustyben
Expert

Re: X1 TV Box Buzzing Sound

@joepard36 wrote:

I'm on my second box in 24 hours and they both make an irritatiing buzzing sound.

When Xfinity was installed last week, they gave me the older box (with digital clock), and that made a horrible fan/humming sound.

I called customer service and they told me I would have to swap it out. I drove 20 miles to my nearesr store and was given the X1 Box.  It makes a different annoying sound.

I had Fios for a decade and I never heard a single noise coming from the box.

Why is this such a problem?  Is there any quiet box?  Do I have to go back to Fios?

go back and swap for a 4k DVR (small profile, solid state no-moving-parts hard drive. no clock. HDMI output and coax output only.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
ComcastAmira
Official Employee

Re: X1 TV Box Buzzing Sound

Hello @joepard36, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I offer my deepest apologies for the delay in response and for the troubles you have been experiencing with the boxes you received. I would be more than happy to further assist you with this. If you still need assistance, please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different.

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!