Community Forum

X1 Recording Conflict

bruistopher
Valued Contributor

X1 Recording Conflict

Hello,

I have two X1 Arris XG1v4 4K boxes on my account which gives me a grand total of 12 tuners to record shows. Just today I ran into an issue where my recordings / tuners have been restricted to  only 6.

Is this recent or is there something wrong with my account? Every time I go to schedule a recording for the 7th show it's telling me "Recording Conflict" and it asks me to cancel an already scheduled recording. I have tried on both boxes and they still give me the same "Recording Conflict" message.

Thanks in advance!

Rustyben
Expert

Re: X1 Recording Conflict

@bruistopher wrote:

Hello,

I have two X1 Arris XG1v4 4K boxes on my account which gives me a grand total of 12 tuners to record shows. Just today I ran into an issue where my recordings / tuners have been restricted to  only 6.

Is this recent or is there something wrong with my account? Every time I go to schedule a recording for the 7th show it's telling me "Recording Conflict" and it asks me to cancel an already scheduled recording. I have tried on both boxes and they still give me the same "Recording Conflict" message.

Thanks in advance!

I currently have 4 DVRs and it adds no extra tuners, 6 is the max for recording simultaneously no matter how many DVRs. you can help by removing any 'extra' at front and back where you start recording before and keep recording after the actual time. the adding of extra time on a recording ties the tuner up past the start of the next block causing a no-tuner-available. if you actually have 7 to record at the same time, one will have to be watched on-demand.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!