JulianR1's profile

Contributor

• 

99 Messages

Tuesday, September 24th, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

X1 Factory Reset?

I am posting on behalf of my aunt, she is considering cancelling Comcast because of the terrible experience she's had so far. She's had numerous techs out, none of them have solved the issues she's having. She currently has boxes that were rented to her by Comcast that have someone else's account on them. She refuses to reach out to Comcast because of other issues. A Comcast tech recently took apart her printer per her , and basically broke the printer. I have a friend who works as contractor for numerous companies, he has done work for Comcast in the past, he checked signal levels and everything is within range.

So is there a way to resolve this without calling, etc? I was thinking a full factory reset would take care of the issues she has with her boxes.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

If she has set up an online account or the phone/tablet xfinity account app, you can go to https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices or the app and see the serial number of the box(s) assigned to the account and troubleshoot them including sending a 'system refresh'.   That's not exactly a factory reset but it should reload everything set up for the account and restart them.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

@lesmikesell
A refresh just refreshes the box, nothing past that
@JulianR1
I sent you instructions on how to do a factory reset. If it doesn’t work the box will need to get swapped out

Contributor

• 

99 Messages

5 years ago

I have not seen a message, can you please resend it?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Sent

Contributor

• 

99 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you, I sent you a message in a response.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here