CTHusky72's profile

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Friday, January 22nd, 2021 1:00 PM

Closed

X1 DVR lags 15-20 seconds behind satellite box, messes up Smart Resume

The playback on my TV with my X1 DVR (model XG1r4) lags behind that on my satellite boxes by about 15-20 seconds.  This is normally not a problem - it's just weird going from watching Live TV on a satellite TV to my main TV and seeing the same content again.  The issue is that this delay messes up Smart Resume for recorded playback.  On the satellite box, Smart Resume restarts playback at the proper place in the recording whereas, on the DVR box, playback starts 15-20 seconds later which is after the end of commercials, requiring a manual rewind, thereby defeating the purpose of the Smart Resume.  I have tried switching the cable boxes between TVs (thinking it might have something to do with the setups) and the added delay always follows the DVR box.  I have also compared the timing of Live TV on the DVR box to streaming on a tablet and the DVR box is even later than the stream!  Is this normal behavior or could it be a problem with my DVR box?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

It’s up to you, you’re comparing three different devices, that will never be simultaneously broadcasted

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

So I have to live with the Smart Resume issue?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

It’s normal, they are 2 different devices, built differently.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

I'm sorry @CCAndrew , I don't think you're understanding my issue.  I'm not complaining the the devices are not in sync, I'm complaining that one of the devices does not behave as Xfinity stated it would while playing back recorded content.  So I don't understand what you mean that it's up to me whether I have to live with the Smart Resume issue. If you mean that I don't have to live with it if I only watch recorded content using my satellite box, then just please say so.  If you mean something else, please clarify.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

The dvr does lag a bit on smart resume

You’re the one that brought up the dvr, secondary box and Stream app differences (reread your original post), just responding

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

3 years ago

Please clarify, if te "satellite" boxes are the Xfinity dedicated boxes or some other brand name? What is the model number of these boxes?

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

Xfinity XiD-P (Pace Model PXD01ANI).

Let me restate my problem as everyone seems to be concerned with the different timing from the 3 different sources.  I don't care about the difference in timing.  The ONLY thing that I care about is that "Smart Resume" no longer works properly on my main DVR box.  The only reason that I mentioned the timing from the other sources was an attempt to provide additional information that may help someone at Comcast figure out if there was anything that they did to create the problem or if something in my box failed.

Official Employee

• 

39 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @CTHusky72 - Sounds like something strange was happening with your DVR box. Can you confirm if it's still a problem? And if so, I'd like to get it investigated. I'm sharing your feedback internally with our Smart Resume experts. If you could please PM with your First Name, Last Name and Account Number, I'll be in touch directly in case we need any additional details to help figure out the issue. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here