Community Forum

X1 DVR 64% Full Only 6 Movies

Regular Visitor

X1 DVR 64% Full Only 6 Movies

Wish I could attach an image but my DVR is showing 64% full after only 6 recordings (kids movies). Nothing in the recently deleted.
Filter: "All"
Recored On: "All Devices"
I'm new to xfinity but I don't understand this. Thought the DVR storage was supposed to be much greater. Any advice?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 DVR 64% Full Only 6 Movies

@Spurffel wrote:
Wish I could attach an image but my DVR is showing 64% full after only 6 recordings (kids movies). Nothing in the recently deleted.
I'm new to xfinity but I don't understand this. Thought the DVR storage was supposed to be much greater. Any advice?

Here is a link:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs

"You have 60 hours of X1 Cloud DVR storage for each X1 DVR TV Box on your account. If you exceed your limit, your most recent recordings will replace older recordings unless the older recordings are marked as Save for 1 Year."

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@Spurffel wrote:

do you have (what is the model) a physical XG1 DVR installed and working in your home?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

xG2v2-p
It's a black Box with a blue light on the front right corner. I just signed up for xfinity service last week.

I don't even have 18 hrs recorded… so I don't understand how I could be at 64% if I'm given 60 hrs. And no they are not local channel recordings. Any help is genuinely appreciated. I switched from Dish which had a ton of recording space and I'm confused.
Silver Problem Solver

@Spurffel wrote:
xG2v2-p
It's a black Box with a blue light on the front right corner. I just signed up for xfinity service last week.

I don't even have 18 hrs recorded… so I don't understand how I could be at 64% if I'm given 60 hrs. And no they are not local channel recordings. Any help is genuinely appreciated. I switched from Dish which had a ton of recording space and I'm confused.

This says that is not a DVR; you probably are getting the 60-hour recording with that box.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

This explains the cloud DVR service:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs

You can swap the box with one that has a physical hard drive for local storage.  Depending on your plan and whether you already have a dvr fee you might or might not have to pay more.  If you have a 4k tv you might want the xg1v4 anyway.

Regular Visitor

Thank you. The link says the one I have the XG2 is in fact a DVR and should be giving me 60 hours HD... but it's not.
Regular Visitor

I'm fine if it's cloud service but according to the link I should be getting 60 hours and it looks like I'm getting less than 30
Diamond Problem Solver

You may want to double check that you’re not paying for a dvr or what service you are paying for and not getting it. I’m not sure what link you’re looking at but an XG2 is not a physical dvr

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I'm fine if it's not a physical DVR... what is perplexing me is that even if it's a cloud based DVR why am I not getting the full 60 hours that cloud based DVRs are supposed to have? I'm barely getting 30.
Regular Contributor

As a wild guess, I'd say that is an estimate that is somehow incorrect and you won't really know until you actually hit the end of your space.  

Regular Visitor

Thanks… it's just frustrating because I have 6 recordings of two hour kids movies and it's saying I'm at nearly 90% full.
Regular Contributor

You also might want to swap for a real DVR box - or at least find out if you would have to pay more.  If you are near an xfinity store they should give you one with 30 days to return the one you have.