MrWalleye73's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 19th, 2020 4:00 AM

Closed

X1 Box in continuous restart loop

The light is flashing blue. I did the whole chat with a tech thing yesterday, only to have them tell me to power the receiver down wait for a restart blah blah. Still doesn't work. It's been in that loop for 24 hours, so I unplugged it all together. The reciever check thing in the app doesn't work since the receiver is down. I have internet coming in. I guess why do we have to wait 3-4 days for a tech to come into the house (during Covid) and have them repeat the same things...instead of going to the local store and doing a receiver exchange? I asked the chat rep why can't I go there and do that, and it was downplayed. Plus the TV is down for 4 days and I get a $2 credit???? Really? That last part is disappointing. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@MrWalleye73 wrote:

The light is flashing blue. I did the whole chat with a tech thing yesterday, only to have them tell me to power the receiver down wait for a restart blah blah. Still doesn't work. It's been in that loop for 24 hours, so I unplugged it all together. The reciever check thing in the app doesn't work since the receiver is down. I have internet coming in. I guess why do we have to wait 3-4 days for a tech to come into the house (during Covid) and have them repeat the same things...instead of going to the local store and doing a receiver exchange? I asked the chat rep why can't I go there and do that, and it was downplayed. Plus the TV is down for 4 days and I get a $2 credit???? Really? That last part is disappointing. 

do you have more than one set top box? if so, swap 2 similar boxes. when they finish starting up, did the problem stay at same location or follow the box?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Good afternoon, MrWalleye73. I hope you're doing well and having a great weekend.

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the box! We definitely understand the frustration on experiencing something like this. We want to help you get this fixed as soon as possible and you came to the right place for support with it. When did this start and did anything physically change with the equipment that could have led to it? If not, do you know if the box 's power cord is plugged directly into a power outlet or if it's plugged into a power strip/surge protector? The restart loop on the X1 Platform can be power related where it's not getting a sufficient enough supply of power (can happen at random) and it can also be equipment related, where it's an issue/fault with the box itself. Before completing a swap (which we can help with, whether we help locate an open store of ours or whether we ship one if you'd rather not have a tech) can you please try a different power source? If the box is currently plugged into the wall, can you try putting it on a power strip and vice versa - try moving the power cord from the power strip to the wall, depending on how you have it?

You're welcome to try Rustben's recommendation first, if you'd like. Whatever is easier for you! Both sets of steps are helpful in troubleshooting the cause and helping us narrow down the issue and where it's stemming from. Thanks so much!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here