Community Forum

Why all the tileing?

Frequent Visitor

Why all the tileing?

Why is my Xfinity HD doing so much tileing lately? I can't enjoy a full TV show, and it's VERY ANNOYING!!!!

Expert

Re: Why all the tileing?

@kam822 wrote:

Why is my Xfinity HD doing so much tileing lately? I can't enjoy a full TV show, and it's VERY ANNOYING!!!!

if that set top box is connected via coax, the pixelation is caused by low signal to high noise ratio which means signal levels are wrong. if you have checked to be sure connections are tight and unnecessary splitters have been removed then a tech will be needed to get your signal levels back up to speed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply. Our box is HDMI connected.

Expert

@kam822 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Our box is HDMI connected.

the other cable not the one to the TV/receiver/soundbar

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee Digital Care

Hello kam822, thank you for posting. Are you still having an issue with your picture on the cable box?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

yes, still having an issue.