Community Forum

Voice remote takes me to wrong PBS station

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Voice remote takes me to wrong PBS station

There must be a simple way to fix this. If I say PBS into my voice remote downstairs, it takes me to Channel 812 as I want. On my television upstairs, if I say PBS into the remote, it takes me to channel 800, which is a different PBS station. How do I change where the remote sends me when I say PBS?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Voice remote takes me to wrong PBS station

@trumansmom wrote:
There must be a simple way to fix this. If I say PBS into my voice remote downstairs, it takes me to Channel 812 as I want. On my television upstairs, if I say PBS into the remote, it takes me to channel 800, which is a different PBS station. How do I change where the remote sends me when I say PBS?

note the call letters of the stations: if one is PBS1H and other is PBSMH use those letters instead with the voice remote. or say channel 812.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Of course, but there must be a simple way to assign the command PBS to channel 812. I have 2 tvs with voice remotes. The downstairs works fine. Upstairs it takes me to the wrong station.
Highlighted
Expert

@trumansmom wrote:
Of course, but there must be a simple way to assign the command PBS to channel 812. I have 2 tvs with voice remotes. The downstairs works fine. Upstairs it takes me to the wrong station.

voice remote 'channel 812' will change it immediately.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I understand, and of course that will work. However, I Think Comcast should be able to tell me how I can redirect the remote so that when I say PBS it will take me to channel 812.