Community Forum

Vizio sound bar pairing

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Vizio sound bar pairing

When I go through the pairing wizard I am able to pair my TV to my remote. When I select Vizio as my sound bar a message pops up saying “unfortunately pairing isn’t working. Please try again later. “ If I pick another brand it will attempt to pair.
I previously paired the Vizio on my last remote. Both remotes were XR15 remotes.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Vizio sound bar pairing

@EBernard wrote:
When I go through the pairing wizard I am able to pair my TV to my remote. When I select Vizio as my sound bar a message pops up saying “unfortunately pairing isn’t working. Please try again later. “ If I pick another brand it will attempt to pair.
I previously paired the Vizio on my last remote. Both remotes were XR15 remotes.

The free XR11 from the Xfinity Store is what I use with my Vizio soundbar;.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the response.
The issue is not the remote, it is the setup software Comcast is using. The new version of the software does not allow you to put in a pairing code. When setting up a new remote there are 3 steps that are proformed.
1) The pairing of the remote to the Xfinity box. In this step it ask you to enter a 3 digit code you see on the screen.
2) The next step is pairing the remote to the TV. Here you are asked to select your TV brand. The software then has you test the remote until it finds a pairing that works. I am assuming the software is getting pairing codes from a table that is maintained by Comcast staff. Once this is complete it goes to the final step.
3) It asks if you want to pair the remote with an AV/Other system. This is were you would pair the sound bar. Again it will ask you for the brand of your equipment. Here I select Vizio. Instead of going into the testing mode it produces the message that it cannot pair at this time. My assumption here is the pairing codes for Vizio is not in the table.
I have the pairing code that I used when the setup used to ask for the codes, it is 11144. Since it worked previously with a XR15 remote it should still work, but there is now no were for you to  enter a code.
Anyone have a solution for this issue?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

All I know is that I was able to pair my Vizio 5.1.2 soundbar to my XG1v2 DVR with my 2013 Samsung TV.

Programming Your Remote

Program your remote using the RF pairing:

1. Install the remote control batteries and make sure your TV and set-top box are powered on.
  2. Press and hold the "Setup" button until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
  3. Press the XFINITY button
  4. Enter the 3 digit code shown on your screen

Program your remote using a code:

1. Turn on the Audio/Other you are programming.
  2. Press and hold the "Setup" button until the status LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
  3. Type in the 4-digit or 5-digit code listed below using the number buttons. Additional codes may be found in the remote manual.

Most likely code: 32454

Others to try: 31937

4. If the code is entered correctly, the status LED will flash green twice. If the status LED blinks red, then green the code was not entered correctly. Check that you are entering the correct code and try again.
  5. Use the remote to operate your Audio/Other (use Power, VOL, etc.)
  6. If these steps don't work, try another 4-digit or 5-digit code and repeat the above.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How long ago did you do that pairing?
The procedure I am describing seems to be using newer software that does not allow the entering of pairing codes.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

EBernard wrote:
How long ago did you do that pairing?
The procedure I am describing seems to be using newer software that does not allow the entering of pairing codes.

April this year.

BTW. my X1 DVR connects to my soundbar and my sound bar connects to my TV's HDMI(ARC) port.

Highlighted
New Poster

RobertWy thank you. This worked!