Community Forum

VidaoTV XR11

Highlighted
Contributor

VidaoTV XR11

New TV, BrandsMart's own brand.  In their User's manual, they give me the 5 digit code for remote setup, but the X1 remote setup guide will only take 3 digits.  How can I enter the 5 digit code?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: VidaoTV XR11


@pmell20 wrote:

New TV, BrandsMart's own brand.  In their User's manual, they give me the 5 digit code for remote setup, but the X1 remote setup guide will only take 3 digits.  How can I enter the 5 digit code?


Are you confusing the digit pairing code ( pairing the remote to the cable box) with the TV code? Pair it first (3 digit), then you'll be prompted to pair it to the TV.


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: VidaoTV XR11

Thanks for the reply, but Vidao is not listed as a choice in order to pair my XR11 remote.

i assume that is why Vidao listed the 10030 code, for Comcast, in their User's Manual.

i called Comcast 3 times regarding this issue, and they could not help me.  They said they had no listing for Vidao.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: VidaoTV XR11

PLEASE be more specific. Are you trying to the get the Vidao remote to control the X1 box or have the X1 remote control the Vidao TV?

Vidao is not listed on Comcast's remote web site: https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

There may be no code for Comcast remotes to control your TV. However, I decided to look into the Vidao brand and their brief history looks very dubious. They may be made up of former Best Buy execs. Clearly Vidao is NOT a high quality product. 

It sounds like they are trying to be an ever cheaper Vizio.

The brand appears to be made by Haier so you may want to check Haier codes...

Roughly a year ago, I slowly walked through a Best Buy store and I found TVs from Vizio, Insignia, Sharp and Toshiba that all had the exact same manufacture's stickers on the boxes. They all clearly came from the same factory...



@pmell20 wrote:

New TV, BrandsMart's own brand.  In their User's manual, they give me the 5 digit code for remote setup, but the X1 remote setup guide will only take 3 digits.  How can I enter the 5 digit code?







Highlighted
Contributor

Re: VidaoTV XR11

You are correct, in that the price was incredibly low, but the picture is phenominal, it has a better picture than my yr old Samsung TV.  I have 5 tvs and by far this picture exceeds all of them combined.  It is manufactured by Haier.   

Why would I want the Vidao remote to control my X1 box?  I want my X1 remote to control my tv.  It does turn the TV off/on, but the mute function does not work.

As I previously stated, I know Vidao is not listed, and Comcast tech support could not provide an answer.  TV Labels do not matter to me, as long as you get the results, who cares?

 

 

 

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: VidaoTV XR11

Have you tried the Haier codes on the Comcast remote site? I checked and there is quite a few codes.

Also, there is a manual code search process you may want to check out...



@pmell20 wrote:

You are correct, in that the price was incredibly low, but the picture is phenominal, it has a better picture than my yr old Samsung TV.  I have 5 tvs and by far this picture exceeds all of them combined.  It is manufactured by Haier.   

Why would I want the Vidao remote to control my X1 box?  I want my X1 remote to control my tv.  It does turn the TV off/on, but the mute function does not work.

As I previously stated, I know Vidao is not listed, and Comcast tech support could not provide an answer.  TV Labels do not matter to me, as long as you get the results, who cares?

 

 

 





Highlighted
Contributor

Re: VidaoTV XR11

Thanks.  I have not tried the Haier codes as yet, but will post another reply once I do.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: VidaoTV XR11

The Vidao (any size) tv work with Hallmark code 10178. Enjoy

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: VidaoTV XR11

Thanks much, I will give it a try.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: VidaoTV XR11

Set up the remote using the Hallmark code, worked the same as the Haier code.

The Mute button on the remote does not work with either code.

But they both work On/Off, volume and Xfinity button, so I'm fine.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: VidaoTV XR11


@pmell20 wrote:

Set up the remote using the Hallmark code, worked the same as the Haier code.

The Mute button on the remote does not work with either code.

But they both work On/Off, volume and Xfinity button, so I'm fine.


The XR11 voisce command "mute" should work.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: VidaoTV XR11

Is there another code I can enter in order to use the input and channel buttons???
My tv remote doesn’t work and the tv itself only has 1 button in the back that controls only volume and hd options. It’s the 55CRV4K. Thanks!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: VidaoTV XR11

No, there isn’t. You’ll need a replacement tv remote

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: VidaoTV XR11

I am beginning to wonder if Comcast should not be replaced instead of the "answering employees" barely constrained insults. I have worked in the customeR support/software support field for almost twenty years with the goal of customer satisfaction. I REALLY understand a tech's frustration but please try to step back and take a deep breath before you reply. I have supported so many "Gold" rollouts and worked the 18 hour days that I could show you the scars. 

I have this same problem where my remote is not recognized by the xFinity system but that does not mean that I am not competent to set it up. Please forward this issue to your upper level tech services.

 

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: VidaoTV XR11

18 month old thread closed

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!