Community Forum

Upgraded box and now wont record - shows cancel symbol circle with slash

Highlighted
New Poster

Upgraded box and now wont record - shows cancel symbol circle with slash

I just upgraded my X1 box and now it wont record football games.  When I hit the record, it shows a cancel symbol (circle with slash) in Guide.  Didnt work yesterday for NCAA game and today wont record Fox Sports pre-game or game  (tried everything - rebooting box, updating/flashing X1, plenty of memeory on DVR).  It just wont accept the recording even after I get the "confirm recording" under option.   I cant believe they there is a sports blackout.  Any ideas...???

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Upgraded box and now wont record - shows cancel symbol circle with slash

What model did you upgrade from and to? Try Sync DVR?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Nope not it.  DRV is syned and has latest update. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Upgraded to box that came with XR15 remove. I have no idea what i had before but it worked just fine and everything recorded perfectly.  I would have kept what I had, but was told I needed new equipment.  Little did I know the new equipment came with "limitations".  Xfinity should figure out a way to reward loyal customers instead of increasing their rates when their "contract" is up.  Every year I need to call to get a new plan and lower price.  This is probably my last cable cycle.  Not worth the hassle. 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Sorry just about everything comes with an XR15 now.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!