Community Forum

Upgrade XiD-P from DTA to Remote Box for XG1v4

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Upgrade XiD-P from DTA to Remote Box for XG1v4

I have a XiD-P box that I'm currently using as a DTA, and I also have a XG1v4 DVR.  My understanding is that the XiD-P box can be upgraded to act as a remote box to the XG1v4.  I called today to get that done, but was told by the support agent that was not possible, and I'd need to swap the XiD-P for a model that can act as the remote to the XG1v4.

Am I incorrect, or is the support agent incorrect?  From the forum discussions, it looks like the XiD-P box can act as a remote box to the XG1v4.  If that is possible, how do I make it happen?

Thanks very much!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Upgrade XiD-P from DTA to Remote Box for XG1v4

@chesterroberto wrote:

I have a XiD-P box that I'm currently using as a DTA, and I also have a XG1v4 DVR.  My understanding is that the XiD-P box can be upgraded to act as a remote box to the XG1v4.  I called today to get that done, but was told by the support agent that was not possible, and I'd need to swap the XiD-P for a model that can act as the remote to the XG1v4.

Am I incorrect, or is the support agent incorrect?  From the forum discussions, it looks like the XiD-P box can act as a remote box to the XG1v4.  If that is possible, how do I make it happen?

Thanks very much!

from other threads not an option. have you considered just using a roku at no charge? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

The box can be physically swapped out for an X1 XiD, there is a difference in cost. It’s possible customer service didn’t understand correctly, or you misunderstood.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks, Rustyben, for the response.  I thinking about going that way in the future, but I'm not interested in doing so now.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks, CCAndrew.  I was hoping that I could get an "in place" upgrade if billing codes were changed.  I'm fully aware that upgrading the box will mean a slightly higher cost (from $6.99 to $9.95 per month), but I'm fine with that.