Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates and both - Same mo Same Mo

I do like the scrolling text when pressing the right arrow and using the vertical side guide.  Nice job Comcast.

I just wish we had an option to display the channel number on the box, as opposed to the time.  This was an available option on non-X1 boxes.  IMO, most people have easy access to the time (clocks, phones, tablets, etc).  Having the channel displayed is a better option IMO.

Gold Problem Solver

I would prefer channel number as well but it is amazing how many people seem to rely on the clock...

@new555 wrote:

I do like the scrolling text when pressing the right arrow and using the vertical side guide.  Nice job Comcast.

I just wish we had an option to display the channel number on the box, as opposed to the time.  This was an available option on non-X1 boxes.  IMO, most people have easy access to the time (clocks, phones, tablets, etc).  Having the channel displayed is a better option IMO.

Most Valued Poster

@new555 wrote:

Having the channel on the box would be nice as an option BUT not as the only option. The STB clock is all we have that we can really see in the family room and when there is a power failure its the ONLY way to know exactly what time it is. Could not live without it. The other clocks in our family room are part of decorative items and we would have to take a flashlight to see them in the evening.

Lets not give Comcast ideas to take away another thing that we actually use. They do enough of that as it is.

Contributor

I get it.  I just wish it was an option, just like on my old boxes.  

I do not like having to display something on screen to remember what channel I am actually on at times.  Sure, some channels have a water mark, but some don't.  I notice this most when surfing channels and going back and forth when commercials are on.  Then I forget what channel I am actually on and then miss the other show when it returns from commercial.  Again, I hope it returns as an option.  Thanks

Most Valued Poster

@new555 wrote:

I get it.  I just wish it was an option, just like on my old boxes.  

I do not like having to display something on screen to remember what channel I am actually on at times.  Sure, some channels have a water mark, but some don't.  I notice this most when surfing channels and going back and forth when commercials are on.  Then I forget what channel I am actually on and then miss the other show when it returns from commercial.  Again, I hope it returns as an option.  Thanks

I totally 'get' where you are coming from about knowing what channel you were on......!!

Most Valued Poster

Bad news about the recording buffer. I am sick to my stomach over this. Check out the last few posts and read what Wallace and Jerry posted on April 15 after speaking with technical support. TOTALLY unacceptabe rationale for what they did.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/DVR-is-not-recording-the-buffered-portion-of-a-live-program/m-p/2510...

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates and both - Same mo Same Mo and SAME MO

@TerriB wrote:

Bad news about the recording buffer. I am sick to my stomach over this. Check out the last few posts and read what Wallace and Jerry posted on April 15 after speaking with technical support. TOTALLY unacceptabe rationale for what they did.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/DVR-is-not-recording-the-buffered-portion-of-a-live-program/m-p/2510...

Now the buffer recording has joined the Whack a Mole Pantheon of X1 features that disappear.

"Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat." "Oops ! wrong hat !"

The buffer shrank under the X1 platform. Now, recording wise, it shrank to zero.

It's like the song lyric " Bop, Bop, Bop and another one bites the dust."

BJ

Problem Solver

I must be the only happy one about that change, I always found having the buffer in the recording completely undesirable.

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Your not alone SC. I have no use for that feature as I use series recordings and on demand exclusively. If removing this feature makes the cloud services better in the long run, then I am happy camper!
Most Valued Poster

@scjohnson312 wrote:

I must be the only happy one about that change, I always found having the buffer in the recording completely undesirable.

Why undersirable? If you didn't want to use it ...it wasn't hurting you right? Haven't you ever starting watching something and all of a sudden decide that you want to record it for later or for others to see?

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:
Your not alone SC. I have no use for that feature as I use series recordings and on demand exclusively. If removing this feature makes the cloud services better in the long run, then I am happy camper!

Sorry but I think you are being very selfish. I use series recordings on dozens of shows but sometime there is a need to  record spur of the moment and not everything is ON Demand. The cloud should make this feature easier NOT take it away.

Regular Contributor

Oh Terri... I am not being selfish in simply stating I have no use for the feature. I didn't say wild things like no one has a use for that feature. I was very clear I was speaking about my own use. Please don't take things so personally. Everyone, including myself has a right to their own opinion as it relates to my own usage. 

Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

@scjohnson312 wrote:

Why undersirable? If you didn't want to use it ...it wasn't hurting you right? Haven't you ever starting watching something and all of a sudden decide that you want to record it for later or for others to see?

Well the way in which I like to record is that I start the recording when I want the recording to start so that I don't have to FF. However, I have only had a DVR for the past 4 months so it is all very new to me.

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

Oh Terri... I am not being selfish in simply stating I have no use for the feature. I didn't say wild things like no one has a use for that feature. I was very clear I was speaking about my own use. Please don't take things so personally. Everyone, including myself has a right to their own opinion as it relates to my own usage. 

Yes of course you have the right to express your opinion but not sure its helpful on these forums to state that you have no use for a feature that so many of us get a lot of out of and are used to having and are fighting to get back. It sure does not help our case.

Most Valued Poster

@scjohnson312 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@scjohnson312 wrote:

Well the way in which I like to record is that I start the recording when I want the recording to start so that I don't have to FF. However, I have only had a DVR for the past 4 months so it is all very new to me.

The ideal situation is to set recordings before they start but there are many times when a user tunes to something that looks interesting and it has already started. In the past we could record the whole show since it was buffered. Thats what they have taken away. As a new user I am sorry you will never be able to enjoy the functionality so many of us have gotten used to having. It was a very useful tool.

Most Valued Poster

I posted this forum thread link before but worth showing it again if anyone wants to see whats been going on with the removal of the live buffer recording function.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/DVR-is-not-recording-the-buffered-portion-of-a-live-program/m-p/2495...

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

Yes of course you have the right to express your opinion but not sure its helpful on these forums to state that you have no use for a feature that so many of us get a lot of out of and are used to having and are fighting to get back. It sure does not help our case.

Terri I am not going to argue with you. We should just agree to disagree

Most Valued Poster

I was just accused of negatively expressing my opinion all over the place and being a bully .  I consider what was posted  a personal attack that should not be allowed. I was fast but unfortunately before I could capture and report the abuse, the person has deleted the comment.

In my 68 yrs on this planet I have never been called a bully or anything close to it.  I have been recognized over and over for being helpful on these forums and have earned the respect of some of the 'top dog geeks' . We have disagreements and  fuss with each other but are always respectful.  Debates are productive but personal attacks are NOT.   Of course I express my opinions and am passionate about basic useful features  Comcast  removes and I am a member of a large group who does the same and we push back. Sometimes we win and sometimes not.

I  read discussions all  the time about problems with  features that I do not need or use but would never say that they are 'undesireable' or 'not useful' just because I do not have the need/desire to use them.

Regular Contributor

No terri, I said you post your opinion all over the forum. I never said negative opinions. There is nothing wrong with you or I or anyone else posting our opinions. We are all entitled to our own opinions,  What is not appreciated is calling me selfish when your opinion is not the same as mine or telling me that my opinion is not welcome because it is not the same as yours. Lets just agree to disagree...its the most respectful thing to do.

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

No terri, I said you post your opinion all over the forum. I never said negative opinions. There is nothing wrong with that. We are all entitled to our own opinions,  What is not appreciated is calling me selfish when your opinion is not the same as mine or telling me that my opinon is not welcome because it is not the same as yours. Lets just agree to disagree...its the most respectful thing to do.

Trying to be respectful I didn't identify you as the person who posted that awful comment about me including calling me me a bully and now you have identified yourself. I stand by my opinion that its selfish to minimize, diminish or belittle  the needs of others for a feature that has been around for a long time and is deemed useful  just because someone else does not have a use for it. Comcast 'usually/eventually' pays attention when a group of  users report and support each other on an issue  and when users say they find features not useful or undesireable it detracts from the need. Its the squeaky wheel concept.

I read about issues that are too technical for me to understand but I would never tell someone its undesirable or not useful or 'who cares' just because they are talking over my head. I don't have multiple STBs/DVRs, surround sound equipment, gaming, etc so cannot identify with many issues others have but I respect their right to complain and challenge Comcast  when things go bad. 

Bottom line is that if others are posting about something we don't care about why not just be supportive or not say anything at all.

BTW...buffering is paramount to the process

Regular Contributor

terri, someone else asked if they were the only one that did not see this as a big deal. specifically, they asked if anyone else was happy with the change. I was simply replying to them. everyone has a right to their opinion. including you and I. When you then took it upon yourself to call me very selfish and tell me my opinion is not wanted because it does not match yours, that felt like you were bullying me.

Valued Contributor

OK guys, I think you have beaten this to death. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and should be able to voice it here. Let's just get along... Comcast rarely listens anyway!  :-)  

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

No terri, I said you post your opinion all over the forum. I never said negative opinions. There is nothing wrong with that. We are all entitled to our own opinions,  What is not appreciated is calling me selfish when your opinion is not the same as mine or telling me that my opinon is not welcome because it is not the same as yours. Lets just agree to disagree...its the most respectful thing to do.

Trying to be respectful I didn't identify you as the person who posted that awful comment about me including calling me me a bully and now you have identified yourself. I stand by my opinion that its selfish to minimize, diminish or belittle  the needs of others for a feature that has been around for a long time and is deemed useful  just because someone else does not have a use for it. Comcast 'usually/eventually' pays attention when a group of  users report and support each other on an issue  and when users say they find features not useful or undesireable it detracts from the need. Its the squeaky wheel concept.

I read about issues that are too technical for me to understand but I would never tell someone its undesirable or not useful or 'who cares' just because they are talking over my head. I don't have multiple STBs/DVRs, surround sound equipment, gaming, etc so cannot identify with many issues others have but I respect their right to complain and challenge Comcast  when things go bad. 

Bottom line is that if others are posting about something we don't care about why not just be supportive or not say anything at all.

BTW...buffering is paramount to the process

I too miss the record buffer. I frequently used it. The pre - X1 platform was always recording the channel you were on and I have to wonder how the present hard drive system is configured under X1. The whole thing is wrapped up in the constant need for the box to communicate with the Comcast servers to function. It should be simple enough for Comcast to rewrite the program so the old functionality was restored. We all have seen the problems that constant cloud communications cause. "DVR service Unavailable". "Connecting to your X1 Experience." "Unknown error."  etc. etc. etc.

The powers that be at Comcast have decided that connecting to  the cloud is the way their system should work no matter what problems it causes the customers.

A rational approach would be to blend the best of the  old and new systems to produce a superior product. We all know this.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Albert Einstein.

Yesterday, my program Air.

My X1 box just wasn't there.

It wasn't there again today

Oh how I wish I'd work to stay.

BJ

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

terri, someone else asked if they were the only one that did not see this as a big deal. specifically, they asked if anyone else was happy with the change. I was simply replying to them. everyone has a right to their opinion. including you and I. When you then took it upon yourself to call me very selfish and tell me my opinion is not wanted because it does not match yours, that felt like you were bullying me.

Did not say you were 'very' selfish. Did not tell you your opinion is not wanted . Varied opinions keep it from being a boring world. How can it be good  for a customer to be 'happy' about Comcast removing a useful/ beneficial feature that has been around a very long time and does no harm to anyone using X1? That is not my opinion.  They removed it with no notice  because it created problems for THEM and that is so not customer focused.

You win! Have a blessed weekend.

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

Sorry but I think you are being very selfish. I use series recordings on dozens of shows but sometime there is a need to  record spur of the moment and not everything is ON Demand. The cloud should make this feature easier NOT take it away.

Terri, you did say those things. I am perfectly happy to let this go and say that we agree to disagree but please don't try and say you did not say those things. look at your quote up above. it is your words. in subsequent posts you made it clear that my opinion is not wanted. an example is when you say "why not just be supportive or not say anything at all."

please just let this go and agree to disagree

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

Terri, you did say those things. I am perfectly happy to let this go and say that we agree to disagree but please don't try and say you did not say those things. look at your quote up above. it is your words. in subsequent posts you made it clear that my opinion is not wanted. an example is when you say "why not just be supportive or not say anything at all."

please just let this go and agree to disagree

I did NOT use the words you said I did. If you are going to quote me...then quote me correctly. You must be in politics.  I said you won but that is not good enough I guess. Find someone else to heckle.

Regular Contributor

terri if you did not then someone else is using your computer because they are posted by your name.

Diamond Problem Solver

Can you both please take it to the private messages? E-mail notifications for this thread are going crazy!!

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Andrew, any idea when I'll be able to watch my dvr'd shows on my ipad here in Sacramento? I've been able to stream live tv for a long while now but nothing from the dvr shows up on mobile. 

Regular Contributor

While an anywhere box can allow you to watch a DVR'd show from the main DVR in your house by

using the cable connection, sending it wirelessly to your phone is another matter all together. If all recording becomes truely cloud based then it would be possible but I don't expect this anytime soon.

Regular Contributor

bender, this should be coming to us soon in Sacramento  I am also in Sacramento and was told by a comcast rep that it should be available soon using the xfinity x1 TV app. 

The way I understand how it will work is using the new xfinity X1 TV app, which is different then the xfinity TV GO app. You will use this new app to move whichever program you want to from your DVR to the cloud so you can access it on the app. I might have the specifics off but that is the general idea. 

Contributor

Thanks Brandon, good to know the dvr feature should be coming to us soon. And yep I've been using the XfinityTV app for live streaming and ondemand stuff since it became available around Thanksgiving. Cheers! 

Regular Contributor

you are welcome bender!

Gold Problem Solver

brandonbob and TerriB,

I respect and appreciate the input that both of you have provided to this forum. BB, I have had some off line chats with TerriB. She is strongly opinionated and a bit stubborn at times but she is a very cool lady and she means well. Terri, if I have learned anything over the past few years, sometimes agreeing to disagree is the best course of action. I have played that card more than a few times in the past and it usually works in the long run.

I always thought I was the biggest trouble causer in this forum. Sheepishly I am happy my position is being challenged but I would rather it not be either of you challenging my position... LOL

Slowly but surely X1 is getting better. Yes there happens to still be a few glaring issues. But it is getting there. Lets all remember to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

OK?

Regular Contributor

I agree.... Ricks a trouble maker. Lol, I'm kidding.

Just wanted to chime in.... I liked the ability to record the buffer. Thought it was handy. It's also what every other dvr on the market does so now comcast dvr is the only one that don't record the buffer (as far as I know).

Anyway, if the buffer is on the cloud then I can see why it would be a bit of a problem to record it... If a user hit the record button the buffered portion on the cloud would have to be downloaded to the cable box so it could be saved on the local hard drive with the rest of the show. This could cause a potential bandwidth nightmare, especially if a bunch of people did it at the same time. It would also delay the start of your recording because it would have to download the buffered part before your recording could start because the buffered portion comes before the part where the user hit record.

This is just one of the potential problems with relying so heavily on a cloud based system and having to be actively connected to a file server at all times.

it's obviously something comcast can provide since they've been doing it for some time but it can also be costly and slow things down as well.

Personally, I think comcast should bite the bullet and put the feature back because this whole cloud based thing was their brilliant idea so they should deal with the consequences without penalizing customers by removing features.

It's just one more thing the competition can do that Comcast can't. It's easier to compete when you have a superior product but it seems Comcast dvr's just don't have the features other dvr's have.

Lol... Comcast still hasn't mastered start and stop times for recording shows so its probably a stretch for us to expect them to match up with the competition feature for feature.

Silver Problem Solver

@BeowolfJones wrote:

While an anywhere box can allow you to watch a DVR'd show from the main DVR in your house by

using the cable connection, sending it wirelessly to your phone is another matter all together. If all recording becomes truely cloud based then it would be possible but I don't expect this anytime soon.

BJ,

I'm able to watch "DVR'D shows" on my iPhone and iPad.  I've had cloud here in Houston for several months now.

It works pretty good.  I don't have a need to download shows to my devices and take them with me to watch, but that is also an option with having cloud.

I believe cloud will eventually be available to almost every X1 user.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

BJ,

I'm able to watch "DVR'D shows" on my iPhone and iPad.  I've had cloud here in Houston for several months now.

It works pretty good.  I don't have a need to download shows to my devices and take them with me to watch, but that is also an option with having cloud.

I stand corrected on the timeline for this feature to be available but I was correct in my analyses that it would require a cloud based system for the recordings. I think this all points to the next generation of cable boxes coming out without an internal hard drive. Personal computers are headed in this direction but I have concerns about security of our personal information when the whole world goes cloud. So far, hackers have shown that existing systems are not secure enough for me to want to give up my hard drive and bitlocker encryption.

The evolution of super - servers can make the cloud a reality. I still get the feeling this is the weak spot in Comcast's design paradigm. The slow improvements we are seeing are related to Comcast improving it's back end server structure. X1 was rolled out before the back end was robust enough to handle the load. As more and more X1 boxes were deployed the load increased.

You are correct in posting that the system has improved albiet slowly. Now if the X1 programmers would just stop the Whack a Mole approach, fix one, break another. I'd be happy.

I am aware that Comcast has a unit cost for each X1 box and that this must be recovered by monthly rent and  cable charges. I just hope that we all don't end up discovering that the bandwidth required has "Hit the Wall" and our service crashes for an extended period. I discovered long ago that even a fiber optic cable has a maximum throughput limit, just as a 3 inch pipe will carry only so much flow, no matter what the pressure is.  The solution is to use a bigger pipe. In the cable world this means upgrades to the infrastructure of the actual cables that carry the signal. This is very expensive and time consuming.

The whole thing could do an end run on my logic by making the "Cable System" wireless.

Hmmmmmm ................

Most Valued Poster

@RickGr4 wrote:

brandonbob and TerriB,

I respect and appreciate the input that both of you have provided to this forum. BB, I have had some off line chats with TerriB. She is strongly opinionated and a bit stubborn at times but she is a very cool lady and she means well. Terri, if I have learned anything over the past few years, sometimes agreeing to disagree is the best course of action. I have played that card more than a few times in the past and it usually works in the long run.

I always thought I was the biggest trouble causer in this forum. Sheepishly I am happy my position is being challenged but I would rather it not be either of you challenging my position... LOL

Slowly but surely X1 is getting better. Yes there happens to still be a few glaring issues. But it is getting there. Lets all remember to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

OK?

See what happens when I 'hang around' with you! You are quite welcome for me taking the heat off you for a while....lol.

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

BJ,

I used to travel an awful  lot for AT&T and being able to watch recorded shows on laptop, tablet or phone in airports/hotels would have been wonderful but at home I can't see myself doing that . I have a hard time getting past the irony that people want bigger and better tvs and then watch shows on tiny screens. Oh well. To each his/her own.

Expert

@TerriB wrote:

I used to travel an awful  lot for AT&T and being able to watch recorded shows on laptop, tablet or phone in airports/hotels would have been wonderful but at home I can't see myself doing that . I have a hard time getting past the irony that people want bigger and better tvs and then watch shows on tiny screens. Oh well. To each his/her own.

Hi TerriB!!!
And here I am waiting for TV2GO to be able to download to my Microsoft laptop/tablet....   Just so I can watch 4 or 5 movies at nght when I do my weeklopng fishing trip in the Keys this summer....   Watching them on my Galaxy S5 is annoying!  <hehehehehehehe>
Although I can download them to my Kindle.... I guess that's an upgrade!  <VBG>
-=Ray=-

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

X1 programming improvement  suggestions

First, the cloud is with us to stay and I don't have a problem with that but the cloud should be used be used to supplement the existing box software not replace it. The X1 box software should be complete enough to allow the system to function without having to constantly communicate with the Comcast cloud servers. This would get rid of a lot of the problems X1 has when the servers are slow to respond to commands or not responding. No one likes pressing a key on the remote and then having to wait to see if it worked. the box software should be a complete operating system for the X1 platform. No software functions should be on the cloud where failure to communicate with the servers results in the remote appearing not to work or the various error messages we get. We all know the DVR records shows on the local hard drive so it is highly irritating to get a "DVR service Unavailable" message. This tells me part of the software required to play a prerecorded video is on the cloud. How about the "Unable to tune to Channel" message ? What ? the channel isn't there anymore ? Who knows at that point.

So stream the pretty movie DVD box covers for the guide from the cloud and stream the on demand content from the cloud but  keep the rest of the software functions on the box where they will work quickly and reliably to the customers benefit. Communicate with the cloud servers ONLY when you need to stream CONTENT, NOT SOFTWARE ROUTINES.

This would improve X1 a lot and cut down on two way communications between the severs and the box, improving performance and reliability.

Cogito ergo Sum

BJ

Most Valued Poster

I agree.  The "cloud" is not and will not any time soon, be at the point of reliability to completely replace a direct connect for interactions with a remote, or with a DVR hard drive.

Why Comcast doesn't understand or care about that simple fact boggles the mind.

As do many of the other simple UI decisions they've made with this platform.

Most Valued Poster

@geek46 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Hi TerriB!!!
And here I am waiting for TV2GO to be able to download to my Microsoft laptop/tablet....   Just so I can watch 4 or 5 movies at nght when I do my weeklopng fishing trip in the Keys this summer....   Watching them on my Galaxy S5 is annoying!  <hehehehehehehe>
Although I can download them to my Kindle.... I guess that's an upgrade!  <VBG>
-=Ray=-

Ray, that is a great feature for vacations! My next tablet is going to be Kindle HDX. I have a cheap little one now and its sooooooooooooooo sloooooooow. My husband used to to the Keys all the time to dive. Maybe someday I will make it there too!

Expert

well, now on 1.51.08 and fw 2.0..p15 

other than addding spanish menu selection and 'breaking' the black screen even more after playing a show, don't see much change.

the black screen (play a recording for 30 mins or so then delete it) previous to the changes would go away and the live pix would show by just hitting xfinity and then exit. now you have to play another video OR change the channel to get live video.

Couldn't someone test this at comcast?

Also, with the update the overlap issue is worse. now if you schedule an overlap on consecutive programs it is likely that one of them won't play at all (unavailable at this time). With 3 dvrs tried playing on all 3 but no joy. another one today gave 1 second of sound and an 'orange' screen that then popped back to "LIVE" (would not play the asset). The progress bar was fully filled in. Seriously, getting worse and worse.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Any update on when will CA customers be allowed to use multiple X1 DVRs?

It is ridiculous that after we aren't able to have multiple DVRs while other parts of the country are so every time I'm told it isn't possible I am being lied to (and the way that they just don't tell you these things until AFTER you have signed up).  I

keep checking every month, but realistically it looks like I should be looking into what all the options are for similar services with other companies.

Silver Problem Solver

@laineysf wrote:

Any update on when will CA customers be allowed to use multiple X1 DVRs?

It is ridiculous that after we aren't able to have multiple DVRs while other parts of the country are so every time I'm told it isn't possible I am being lied to (and the way that they just don't tell you these things until AFTER you have signed up).  I

keep checking every month, but realistically it looks like I should be looking into what all the options are for similar services with other companies.

My guess from reading this board for a year or two is that by the end of 2015, everyone should be on the same configuration.  I live in Houston and I was told by a tech recently that Comcast Houston doesn't allow multiple DVR's now.  He implied that when I got mine the installer didn't have the guidelines they have now.  Plus, I already had two RNG200 DVR's, so my X1 "upgrade" included replacing them with X1 DVR's.

I don't think they are going to take away my DVR.

But I do think Comcast is trying to get Cloud installed nationwide by the end of the year.

Now that the TW merger has been abandoned, I think Comcast will move forward on standardizing X1.

Notice my use of words like "think" and "guess".

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Valued Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

Notice my use of words like "think" and "guess".

Robert, I would never try to get into the mind of Comcast and guess what they are going to go. That is down right scary!!! :-)

Regular Contributor

Robert, I agree with you about Comcast's mindset or lack thereof. The programming releases violate everything I learned about proper programming practice. My "Bug List" got smaller over time and eventually there wern't any bugs left to fix. Contrast this with what we customers have seen with the X1 platform. To paraphrase Ripley in "Aliens". "Did programming IQ's just drop suddenly.when X1 was created ?"

My early X1 experience was like a trip to "LV426"'

Nothing major has broken for a while except the occasional black screen with sound after exiting the guide and I know how to fix that.

BJ

Regular Contributor

On my Pace green light HDDVR, I have XRE server version 1.51.09, date 04/27/2015, and STB VERSION 2.0p15s1, date Apr 9, 2015, and it still does not record the buffer.
Most Valued Poster

@Bowmanal wrote:
On my Pace green light HDDVR, I have XRE server version 1.51.09, date 04/27/2015, and STB VERSION 2.0p15s1, date Apr 9, 2015, and it still does not record the buffer.

Seems the recording buffer is not coming back. Something to do with it creating problems for Comcast because of the cloud. We cannot seem to get any confimation/explanation from Comcast on these forums but someone posted that a Comcast rep on the phone told them.  Very distressing to lose this extremely useful feature and true step backward.