Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

@tctc wrote:

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi tctc,

We don't post bug fixes and backend improvements as a part of our feature updates. However, since recording deletion has been causing problems for some users, we want you guys to be aware that improvements to the process are being made.

Feel free to private message me to report any issues that you're having with your DVR.

Thanks!

Gwen

Hi Gwen,

Thanks for the info.

I'm pretty sure all of the DVR issues I'm referring to have been confirmed by others on the forum, and are platform-wide bugs, as opposed to specific to my DVR.

Recap:

- Pressing FWD from Pause, initiates FF instead of Slow a significant % of the time. (this used to work fairly consistently on the first attempt, and then the bug would occur frequently on the second attempt, but now it will initiate the wrong behavior frequently even on the first attempt.)

- Initiating Slow from Pause starts the Slow at a different time/frame than where the content was paused.

- Have to press Play twice to resume play from Pause (the first press is acknowledged and brings up the progress bar, but does not Play).

- RWD for a short period produces random results.

- Exit from DVR content sometimes goes to previously watched DVR content or On Demand, instead of live TV.

- Resuming DVR content sometimes starts from an earlier position than last left off, or the beginning of the recording.

- Delete recording bug.

(This list is just "bugs", not inclusive of basic functionality requests, like real Slow, reverse Slow, frame by frame, buffer record, etc..  Although I would consider it a HUGE "feature update", to just fix the bugs.) 

Did you PM Gwen?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

I fixed one of the issues that rjc1247 referenced by setting xfinity TV to "off" in Notifications

rjc1247 said ...

"... Exactly on par with cluttering my screen with the sports app message every time I tune to a sports channel ..."

Gold Problem Solver

@tctc wrote:

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi tctc,

We don't post bug fixes and backend improvements as a part of our feature updates. However, since recording deletion has been causing problems for some users, we want you guys to be aware that improvements to the process are being made.

Feel free to private message me to report any issues that you're having with your DVR.

Thanks!

Gwen

Hi Gwen,

Thanks for the info.

I'm pretty sure all of the DVR issues I'm referring to have been confirmed by others on the forum, and are platform-wide bugs, as opposed to specific to my DVR. Confirmed by other members of the forum? I am sure they have. But platform wide bugs? Paaaaalease.

Recap:

- Pressing FWD from Pause, initiates FF instead of Slow a significant % of the time. (this used to work fairly consistently on the first attempt, and then the bug would occur frequently on the second attempt, but now it will initiate the wrong behavior frequently even on the first attempt.) Tested on my Arris V3 DVR and confirmed no problem here.

- Initiating Slow from Pause starts the Slow at a different time/frame than where the content was paused. Tested on my Arris V3 DVR and there is a SMALL issue here. The image steps back a frame or two.

- Have to press Play twice to resume play from Pause (the first press is acknowledged and brings up the progress bar, but does not Play). Tested on my Arris V3 DVR and confirmed no problem here.

- RWD for a short period produces random results. Tested on my Arris V3 DVR and confirmed no problem here.

- Exit from DVR content sometimes goes to previously watched DVR content or On Demand, instead of live TV. Tested on my Arris V3 DVR and confirmed no problem here.

- Resuming DVR content sometimes starts from an earlier position than last left off, or the beginning of the recording. Tested with my Arris V3 DVR and confirmed no problem here.

- Delete recording bug. Tested and confirmed no problem here.

(This list is just "bugs", not inclusive of basic functionality requests, like real Slow, reverse Slow, frame by frame, buffer record, etc..  Although I would consider it a HUGE "feature update", to just fix the bugs.) 

Let's keep in mind there are now 13 different models of X1 boxes out there and a safe estimate places roughly 10 million X1 boxes are now in circulation. A few dozen people complaining in this forum is light years from a "platform wide bug". I admit there are quite a few knowledgeable and sensitive people hanging around this forum who are more likely to notice these types of bugs, but accusing that a "bug" is platform wide is a very strong statement. I suspect you have some evidence to back that up?

Regular Contributor

@RickGr4 wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi tctc,

Thanks!

Gwen

Hi Gwen,

Thanks for the info.

I'm pretty sure all of the DVR issues I'm referring to have been confirmed by others on the forum, and are platform-wide bugs, as opposed to specific to my DVR. Confirmed by other members of the forum? I am sure they have. But platform wide bugs? Paaaaalease.

Recap:

- Pressing FWD from Pause, initiates FF instead of Slow a significant % of the time. (this used to work fairly consistently on the first attempt, and then the bug would occur frequently on the second attempt, but now it will initiate the wrong behavior frequently even on the first attempt.) Tested on my Arris V3 DVR and confirmed no problem here.

- Initiating Slow from Pause starts the Slow at a different time/frame than where the content was paused. Tested on my Arris V3 DVR and there is a SMALL issue here. The image steps back a frame or two.

- Have to press Play twice to resume play from Pause (the first press is acknowledged and brings up the progress bar, but does not Play). Tested on my Arris V3 DVR and confirmed no problem here.

- RWD for a short period produces random results. Tested on my Arris V3 DVR and confirmed no problem here.

- Exit from DVR content sometimes goes to previously watched DVR content or On Demand, instead of live TV. Tested on my Arris V3 DVR and confirmed no problem here.

- Resuming DVR content sometimes starts from an earlier position than last left off, or the beginning of the recording. Tested with my Arris V3 DVR and confirmed no problem here.

Let's keep in mind there are now 13 different models of X1 boxes out there and a safe estimate places roughly 10 million X1 boxes are now in circulation. A few dozen people complaining in this forum is light years from a "platform wide bug". I admit there are quite a few knowledgeable and sensitive people hanging around this forum who are more likely to notice these types of bugs, but accusing that a "bug" is platform wide is a very strong statement. I suspect you have some evidence to back that up?

My only evidence is the myriad of folks on here that have confirmed the bugs and all of the Comcast employees that I have spoken to on the phone (at least a dozen at various levels) and have been to my house (several different techs of various levels) that say "that's just how the platform works".  Not a single one has ever said, "oh really, no, that shouldn't happen".  Every one has said something like "yeah, I agree that is frustrating, I have the same thing at my house" or "but at least it's a lot better than it used to be."   And I don't know the locations of all of those employees, but I did ask the location of several, and they were not in the northern CA area where I am, so it is not limited to this area.

I have no evidence that there aren't other lucky ones like you, but so far you're the first person that I've seen reply that can't reproduce these errors.  And that may in fact be because people that don't have issues don't read the forums in the first place.

I'm very curious, what exactly happens when you try to rewind for just a second or 2?  Can you actually press rewind and back up only a second or 2 and then press play everything just happens smoothly?   That must be so great.  I so wish I could have that experience.

I have a delay before anything happens, then when rewind starts if I quickly press play, it will generally start playing without any rewind.  If I wait just a little longer to press play, then a small percent of the time it starts back at the same place, and the majority of the time it starts several seconds back.  But I am very rarely able to rewind just a couple seconds.  And most of the time after the rewinding, if I Pause then Fwd, it either goes to FF instead of Slow, or it begins Slow, but at a different frame than when it was Paused.

Last night during the hockey game I rewound a bit, hit Pause, then Fwd and got FF instead of Slow, 3 tries in a row, by then I had passed the spot I wanted to replay, and had to rewind again and try it all over again.

I would guess based on the amount of sports that I watch, and the way that I watch them, that I am near the very top in % of "button presses per user" or "button presses per minute" on the platform.  I assume many users hit play, watch a recording, and then delete it at the end, and that's it. Or maybe FF through some commercials.   (I could be reading into it incorrectly, but the fact that you say you "tested" each of the scenarios above and found no problem leads me to believe you are in the latter segment of users?  The errors I experience happen all day every day the way I watch TV, so I don't need to do any "testing" to experience them.)

The flow and capabilities of the DVR (regardless of model) is significantly worse than the previous Comcast platform (I assume because of the cloud), and that's the feedback I've seen from almost every new forum poster.  I don't remember a single post that has said "I just switched to the new X1, the DVR experience is great".  I have seen a lot saying how great many of the other features are, no argument there.

Valued Contributor

@tctc wrote:

@RickGr4 wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi tctc,

Thanks!

Gwen

Hi Gwen,

Thanks for the info.

Recap:

My only evidence is the myriad of folks on here that have confirmed the bugs and all of the Comcast employees that I have spoken to on the phone (at least a dozen at various levels) and have been to my house (several different techs of various levels) that say "that's just how the platform works".  Not a single one has ever said, "oh really, no, that shouldn't happen".  Every one has said something like "yeah, I agree that is frustrating, I have the same thing at my house" or "but at least it's a lot better than it used to be."   And I don't know the locations of all of those employees, but I did ask the location of several, and they were not in the northern CA area where I am, so it is not limited to this area.

I have no evidence that there aren't other lucky ones like you, but so far you're the first person that I've seen reply that can't reproduce these errors.  And that may in fact be because people that don't have issues don't read the forums in the first place.

I'm very curious, what exactly happens when you try to rewind for just a second or 2?  Can you actually press rewind and back up only a second or 2 and then press play everything just happens smoothly?   That must be so great.  I so wish I could have that experience.

I have a delay before anything happens, then when rewind starts if I quickly press play, it will generally start playing without any rewind.  If I wait just a little longer to press play, then a small percent of the time it starts back at the same place, and the majority of the time it starts several seconds back.  But I am very rarely able to rewind just a couple seconds.  And most of the time after the rewinding, if I Pause then Fwd, it either goes to FF instead of Slow, or it begins Slow, but at a different frame than when it was Paused.

Last night during the hockey game I rewound a bit, hit Pause, then Fwd and got FF instead of Slow, 3 tries in a row, by then I had passed the spot I wanted to replay, and had to rewind again and try it all over again.

I would guess based on the amount of sports that I watch, and the way that I watch them, that I am near the very top in % of "button presses per user" or "button presses per minute" on the platform.  I assume many users hit play, watch a recording, and then delete it at the end, and that's it. Or maybe FF through some commercials.   (I could be reading into it incorrectly, but the fact that you say you "tested" each of the scenarios above and found no problem leads me to believe you are in the latter segment of users?  The errors I experience happen all day every day the way I watch TV, so I don't need to do any "testing" to experience them.)

The flow and capabilities of the DVR (regardless of model) is significantly worse than the previous Comcast platform (I assume because of the cloud), and that's the feedback I've seen from almost every new forum poster.  I don't remember a single post that has said "I just switched to the new X1, the DVR experience is great".  I have seen a lot saying how great many of the other features are, no argument there.

tctc, I've never had any delete issues and I also live in Northern Cal. I was wondering if delete issue is related to Cloud. I still don't have Cloud.

As far as the FF/REW issues those will never work properly under the current design. Currently when you press a button the command is sent to the Comcast server and then back to you DVR. There is no way this will ever not have a delay. I don't care what anyone says at Comcast. The solution is to keep all the DVR button functionality in the DVR. Why Comcast isn't doing that I have no idea? But I'm sure they have something up their sleeves and its probably not good for us... :-)

Administrator
Moved:

Silver Problem Solver

m45warrior1,

Have you called Comcast and asked them to add the Cloud rate code?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Valued Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

m45warrior1,

Have you called Comcast and asked them to add the Cloud rate code?

Hi Robert,

No I haven't. I don't really have a need for it and I suspect a lot of the problems I see people complaining about that I don't have are related to Cloud. 

Regular Contributor

I have  the latest version of Box software and the Ghost delete is still alive and well. I can't delete a program. (I know it will eventually disappear but this problem has gone on too long already). I don't care what kind of equipment you have, it's up to Comcast programmers to make every type of box work correctly, which is something they can't seem to do. If not, then it's time for Comcast to roll out boxes that do work like they are supposed to. Microsoft manages to make Windows work on Dell's, Toshibas, Levonos and so on and an Operating System is more complex than the X1 TV system. The fact that the programmers are still putting out fires after X1 has been out for as long as it has confirms a serious flaw in the whole design concept. Cloud - Smoud I just want my box to work period....

Expert
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Well I am having my second ever problem with X1. The first problem was years ago and was fixed promptly.

Today, I had a tech out here because I am having major audio issues. Basically, when on X1 the sound is super muffled. It is not my sound system (Sony sound bar and subwoofer) because I tried my Apple TV and get incredible sound as I always have.

When I called to report the issue it was the morning after the software had been updated, which correlates with it being a software update issue.

The tech that came out today said he believes it to be update related and would be reported to the developers for a fix in an an upcoming update.

I am on 1.64.01 and 2.3p6s5

My Sony sound system is the Sony home theater system ht-ct150

Anyone else having this issue?

Andrew or another Comcast rep? Do you know if this has been reported by others? The field tech today did not know.

P.s.

Indid not tell the tech I thought it was software as I wanted them to come to that conclusion without my saying so. He switched out HDMI Cables and checked everything outside my apartment and then when he came back in he said he had talked to a few other techs who also believed it to be update related
Regular Contributor

I use a Denon for my home theater system and while I do not have a muffling problem it does appear that the latest STB Version

STB Version 2.3p6s5 has done something to the sound output level. I use the STB HDMI connection to the Denon and my surround speakers. A typical volume level before the upgrade was about 48, now I have to crank it up to around 62 to achieve the same sound level. This is about what my Blu - Ray player uses so it's not a problem but it does make me wonder what the programmers did to change the level so much. To put it in perspective, a channel that was comfortable to listen to a a level of 48 would blow you out of the house if you raised the level to 62. The saved programs I recorded before the upgrade are also low volume at 48 and have to be raised to 62 so it's not live programming or a signal issue. All my other sources to the Denon are normal and unchanged volume wise so it's definitely something that has changed on the X1 box and the only obvious thing is the STB version.

Just before I wrote this,  the control panel locked up and I had to press the Xfinity button to get out of it. The latest software is still what we have come to expect. Defective.

Regular Contributor

yea Beowolf, maybe i described it wrong but I have what sounds like the same issue you have and we are on the same firmware. I also normally reside around 48 for volume but need 64 for it to sound the same. I meant it sound muffled at low volume.

I wouldnt go so far as to call this issue correlating to defective firmware. I think if they were able to make the output problematic they can fix it as easily....

my only other issue I have ever had was way back years ago when the HD refused to go to 1080p and stay there. they quickly fixed that issue so I want to think they will for this to!

Visitor

I too have been having audio volume issues.  A few days ago my box had no HDMI signal.  So I rebooted it and the signal quickly returned.  Once it booted up the overall volume was much lower.  I use a Sony receiver sound system.  Normally I have it at like 15 or 16 now I have to put it on 21-22.

So since then, everytime the box would go into low power mode after not being used, I would again have no HDMI signal.  I would unplug the X1 box, reboot it, and it would be fine again.  But the low volume issue has persisted.  This went on for a couple days.  Now, I cannot get any HDMI signal whatsoever, even after rebooting.  I tried swapping with another HDMI cable, no difference.  I get no signal no matter how many times I restart the X1 box.  Guess I'm gonna have to get a replacement it seems.

Regular Contributor

I am having the same volume issue since Saturday morning.

Normally, we have the volume set on our TV at 20 (Samsung 4k).

Friday, the sound was fine.  All of a sudden, starting Saturday, we have to turn the volume up past 30 to get the same loudness output we used to have (all channels and all recordings).  The volume coming from the PS4 and the Blu-Ray player are fine so I'm guessing it has something to do with the HDMI output from the box.  I manually reset the box yesterday and it didn't solve the issue.

I hope they can get a fix pushed for this soon.

Regular Contributor

No volume issues, but I have the DVR direct to the TV.

I do have to report that the auto-extend has failed me again.

Missed out on the finish of the triple overtime Sharks game.

Thanks Comcast, that's 2 historical sports events so far this year (super bowl).

Valued Contributor

Hi Rustyben,

That bug was fixed quite a while ago. If you see an instance, feel free to send me a private message with the asset title and date on which it recorded.

Thanks!

Gwen

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem and it also started first thing Saturday morning. I had my X1 box replaced Monday and all was well, but the new box exhibited the identical problem first thing Tuesday morning, so it's pretty certain it's a Comcast system problem introduced during the overnight refreshes. I'm currently waiting for a call from a Comcast supervisor to get the info conveyed to the head-end techs. I don't know how widespread the issue is, but I live in Marietta, PA.

Frequent Visitor

I sent you a message and I posted just after you on this thread. There's also another virtually identical thread called "X1 Volume Issues?" posted by "Ringfinger".

Valued Contributor

Good morning!  We are looking into these audio issues today and will report back shortly.  Thanks for reaching out and our apologies!

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Good morning!  We are looking into these audio issues today and will report back shortly.  Thanks for reaching out and our apologies!

Thanks Neal!! I have faith in you and your team! you have always been very responsive and been successful in resolving problems (well to be fair I have only had one problem but it was fixed!) I had in the past and I am certain this will be the same case. I am patient while y'all do your work over there in headquarters. thanks again!

Official Employee

Good Morning all!  I work with Neal and I'm trying to gather some additional information on what you guys are seeing with this lower audio issue.  It appears  as if that everyone who has reported this issue has an X1 DVR.  Has anyone seen this issue occur with any of the companion devices?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@ComcastEsmondL wrote:

Good Morning all!  I work with Neal and I'm trying to gather some additional information on what you guys are seeing with this lower audio issue.  It appears  as if that everyone who has reported this issue has an X1 DVR.  Has anyone seen this issue occur with any of the companion devices?

I only have the one X1 box. No companion box here to test. 

Gold Problem Solver

I may have noticed it on one of my XG2's along with my Arris V3 DVR however I stated earlier, I don't consider it to be a problem. I think it is more of a change than a problem.
Regular Contributor

I hear ya. Just glad Comcast sees it as a problem and are currently working on a fix. Eric told me today they have classified it as a bug and has more issues than the one I reported effecting our experience. Just glad they will have it fixed.
Frequent Visitor

Get used to it. The new X1 is a poor upgrade. Sound cuts in and out, buffering like your watching an online video and voice control works about half the time. Just reboot your set top box every time you use it, a wonderful new operating system... NOT. Comcast offers inferior products at an inflated price that work half the time.
Regular Contributor

@bmersh wrote:
Get used to it. The new X1 is a poor upgrade. Sound cuts in and out, buffering like your watching an online video and voice control works about half the time. Just reboot your set top box every time you use it, a wonderful new operating system... NOT. Comcast offers inferior products at an inflated price that work half the time.

Nahhh nothing  to get used to because Eric  and Neal are working on fixing it. They have fixed my only other issue I ever had with x1 very quickly and I have faith they will for this too. I am a very happy customer due to their ability to fix issues that arise 

Expert

@bmersh wrote:

Sound cutting in and out along with buffering and Voice Control problems indicate SIGNAL ISSUES.  You should call into Comcast and request a TECH onsite to evaluate and make the repairs necessary for you to enjoy your X1 experience.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Just ran into this "lower volume" issue over the past couple of days.

1. Does Comcast need any additional data from users? E.g. I'm on XRE Server: 1.64.01 / STB 2.3p6s5 / ...

2. Is there anyway to revert back to a previous build? I don't use any new features and would much prefer having normal sound levels.

This is my first issue with an X1 box, it's been great thus far, but seeing it has a Chrome model of continuous "silent" updates, will they ever branch the builds into experimental / beta / stable like chrome?

It seems like this audio issue should have been caught in a experimental/beta channel vs. it hitting the widespread stable build.

Diamond Problem Solver

Jetlife, go to this thread to keep an eye on those low volume updates

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-Volume-Issues/td-p/2746857

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Regular Visitor

Ah ok, thanks for the info Andrew. Apologies for posting in this mega-thread, this was the first result on a Google search.

Diamond Problem Solver

No apologies necessary, I just wanted to point you in the right direction. The team has been working on it and hopefully have a fix soon.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Expert

with fw 2.3p7s3 any changes to check out or that should now be fixed?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Valued Contributor

The audio volume issue is resolved in 2.3p8s1.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Expert
Moved:

Post is not Audio Related, rather HDMI/HDCP and will be moved to create its own Topic.

Regular Contributor

@ComcastNeal wrote:

The audio volume issue is resolved in 2.3p8s1.

yes, it is fixed on my end!! thanks again Neal and your team for being so diligent in fixing my issue. yall have always been very quick to fix problems and this was no exception!

Regular Contributor

I noticed the HDMI audio setting was changed in "Device Settings" from "Surround" to "Stereo" without my making a change. I noticed I was only getting PCM and checked, but my guess is many customers will not notice or understand the difference.

A fix should not make settings changes, or there should be a notification that settings are being changed/updated.
Expert

@SkyhawkDriver wrote:
I noticed the HDMI audio setting was changed in "Device Settings" from "Surround" to "Stereo" without my making a change. I noticed I was only getting PCM and checked, but my guess is many customers will not notice or understand the difference.

A fix should not make settings changes, or there should be a notification that settings are being changed/updated.

firmware updates often reset some settings, it is rare but since this is a sound issue, not surprising. I'll take a minor glitch any day.

Regular Contributor

I just wanted to say I really like the new on screen video control display when fast forwarding Smiley Happy

If your wondering it's in the Comcast Labs with the latest update.

Regular Contributor

Also are we ever going to get the option to put our "favorites" on ABC order?

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Comcast Labs - New Video Playback Controls

Expert

Comcast Labs - New Video Playback Controls

FYI-

When you receive XRE 164.05, make sure you visit the LABS and turn ON the Video Playback Controls.... while watching a recorded asset you will be able to access the new controls.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Comcast Labs - New Video Playback Controls

Labs is like "easter eggs".  You never know when to check them.

Gold Problem Solver

It's not just for recordings. It entirely changes how the guide works and how the "info bar" used to work when changing channels.

It's an interesting change that will take some getting used to.

@geek46 wrote:

FYI-

When you receive XRE 164.05, make sure you visit the LABS and turn ON the Video Playback Controls.... while watching a recorded asset you will be able to access the new controls.

Most Valued Poster

@RickGr4 wrote:

It's not just for recordings. It entirely changes how the guide works and how the "info bar" used to work when changing channels.

It's an interesting change that will take some getting used to.

@geek46 wrote:

FYI-

You have wet my whistle for more info about how the guide is changed. I don't see anything different. Are these new features documented ? I can't find anything on Comcast to really define/describe the changes. I used the guide, changed the channel and used the info button but don't see anything different. Can you describe?

LOVE LOVE that we can skip to end and go backk to the beginning!

Most Valued Poster

LOVE LOVE that we can skip to end and start from beginning! Is there documentation about its features in more detail?

*****CORRECTION:I take back my kudos on the 'skip to end'.  We thought it did it correctly but NOT. It only takes you back to the recordings screen.   I guess thats what they consider 'the end'? Since we can already go back to the beginning using the info screen options I see absolutely really useful or new about the new playback controls. I am so disappointed after being happy about it.  I see nothing new with the guide either that is affected by this new Lab feature.Smiley Sad

There are many times we need to skip to the end and back up  a bit rather than having to start over and run almost to the end. I am not going to give specifics but trust me...its done a lot.

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:
LOVE LOVE that we can skip to end and start from beginning! Is there documentation about its features in more detail?

...and where are the slo-mo and frame-by-frame advance buttons?  Smiley Sad

Most Valued Poster

Yep that sure would have been the place to put them since they were enhancing.....boo hiss
Silver Problem Solver

I turned it off - it took up too much screen real estate on recordings.

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

I turned it off - it took up too much screen real estate on recordings.

Your choice of course but it only says on the screen while ff/rw/pause/,etc. so to me its not affecting the playback of an asset at all.  I got used to it fast. Its wonderful to finally be able to go to the end of as asset without FF or to able to go back to the start while the asset is being watched (saves a couple of steps).