Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Most Valued Poster

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

I have wonderful news on the x1 cloud dvr functionality!! in sacramento area, it now works!! it worked flawlessly for me today! I love this new feature. I happened to upgrade my service yesterday because my contract was nearly up and wanted to renegotiate a new contract. in doing so, the cloud features suddenly came to life. I don't know if the upgrade of the service kicked the cloud features in or they just happened to coincide with when the features went live in my area. doesn't really matter why but I am glad it works.

What are the cloud functions that have you so excited? What do you see and what can you do so that others can look for them?

Mainly being able to watch DVR recordings on my iPad when I am not home. That's just one of the many features x1 cloud DVR brings. Here is the FAQ, WHICH will give you all the info you might need:

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

Okay thanks. I already have that in my market area but its something I really don't have a use for unless I am on vacation and even then would probably wait until I got home since I DVR all the shows we watch. I am sure its a wonderful feature for those who need it. When I was working and traveling a lot I would have surely used it.

Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
Anyone who's been on here enough knows updates come and they go, and I'll be glad to give all details once it's final.

Terri, i think you'll like one for sure but I know
it's not the one you want (sorry)

Lawnguru, unsubscribe to any thread you follow and save your inbox

Andrew.....now you have me so curious I am about to burst. I don't have the update yet though.

Terri, I posted above yours the things I've found in the 1.55.02 7/20/2015 XRE that I assume Andrew was talking about

Regular Contributor

I DVR all the shows I watch too, which enables this feature to work. It's simply allowing you to download the content on your DVR to an iPad or other compatible device to view on the road. But that's just one of the many features!

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

I have wonderful news on the x1 cloud dvr functionality!! in sacramento area, it now works!! it worked flawlessly for me today! I love this new feature. I happened to upgrade my service yesterday because my contract was nearly up and wanted to renegotiate a new contract. in doing so, the cloud features suddenly came to life. I don't know if the upgrade of the service kicked the cloud features in or they just happened to coincide with when the features went live in my area. doesn't really matter why but I am glad it works.

What are the cloud functions that have you so excited? What do you see and what can you do so that others can look for them?

Mainly being able to watch DVR recordings on my iPad when I am not home. That's just one of the many features x1 cloud DVR brings. Here is the FAQ, WHICH will give you all the info you might need:

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

Okay thanks. I already have that in my market area but its something I really don't have a use for unless I am on vacation and even then would probably wait until I got home since I DVR all the shows we watch. I am sure its a wonderful feature for those who need it. When I was working and traveling a lot I would have surely used it.

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

I DVR all the shows I watch too, which enables this feature to work. It's simply allowing you to download the content on your DVR to an iPad or other compatible device to view on the road. But that's just one of the many features!

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

Well DUH on me ...brain cramp....of course it has to be on the DVR first.......lol

Most Valued Poster

@scjohnson312 wrote:

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
Anyone who's been on here enough knows updates come and they go, and I'll be glad to give all details once it's final.

Terri, i think you'll like one for sure but I know
it's not the one you want (sorry)

Lawnguru, unsubscribe to any thread you follow and save your inbox

Alright, so I just got 1.55.02.

The only difference I can see is that the About screen is bold, and the tabs on Control Panel are slightly larger...

Well...those two things don't fluff my buns if thats what Andrew was talking about. What is the Control Panel? Maybe I call it something else.

I will just have to wait until the update is pushed to me to see whats up. I am usually a couple of weeks behind the rest of you guys on updates.

Problem Solver

Control Panel is a feature you can activate in Labs.
Most Valued Poster

@scjohnson312 wrote:
Control Panel is a feature you can activate in Labs.

Of course it is ...lol....my second brain cramp today. It was over 100 humid degrees here for several days so I guess some cells got fried.

Problem Solver

FW 2.0.2p12s1 7/21/2015 has arrived now as well..

Official Employee

Some enhancements on the X1 platform include

Live Event Auto Extend Recording

Updates to Help in Settings

among others

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

among others

Canit wait to test this in  Nascar RED FLAG event....  <VBG>

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

specifically, it would have been nice for the night race in Daytona this year. I believe it was after 8pm pacific time once that race got underway. what was that,nearly midnight in daytona lol

@geek46 wrote:

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

among others

Expert

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

specifically, it would have been nice for the night race in Daytona this year. I believe it was after 8pm pacific time once that race got underway. what was that,nearly midnight in daytona lol

I know !!!  I stayed up to watch it!!!!   <zzzzzzzzzz>

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

@geek46 wrote:

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

among others

===============

VROOM VROOM

Contributor

my last up date was 2.0.2p8s1. Is there a reason for not recieving the ps12?

Problem Solver

Comcast releases updates in stages, you'll see one in time.
Regular Contributor

I've just got XRE 1.54.06 and STB 2.02p10s2. I don't notice any thing unusual yet. At least, nothing seems to be broken. If they get an app to stream to my Kindle fire I might be interested. Probably verboten for proprietary software reasons. Prime lets me stream plenty of videos anyway.

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

I've just got XRE 1.54.06 and STB 2.02p10s2. I don't notice any thing unusual yet. At least, nothing seems to be broken. If they get an app to stream to my Kindle fire I might be interested. Probably verboten for proprietary software reasons. Prime lets me stream plenty of videos anyway.

Still sitting with 1.54.05 dated July 1. I do have the STB 2.02p10s2 .

Problem Solver

@BeowolfJones wrote:

I've just got XRE 1.54.06 and STB 2.02p10s2. I don't notice any thing unusual yet. At least, nothing seems to be broken.

Gee, I'm never the one to get the new stuff, wonder what changed...

I'm not noticing anything new in p12, also don't have multiple DVRs so I can't test if the whole home bug with 6 tuners has been alleviated...

Silver Problem Solver

@scjohnson312 wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

I've just got XRE 1.54.06 and STB 2.02p10s2. I don't notice any thing unusual yet. At least, nothing seems to be broken.

Diid you read  ComcastAndrew's last post in this thread?/

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote:

@scjohnson312 wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Diid you read  ComcastAndrew's last post in this thread?/

I think you misunderstood my post.. I have 1.55.02 and 2.0.2p12, and see changes, but was referring to the fact that I have been getting new XRE and new FW more quickly than before

Silver Problem Solver

OK, I hear you.  But this thread is about X1 Updates, which I take to mean changes to X1.  XRE and STB versions happen all the time as you know, but they may not include anything we as users can identify.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

A couple of weeka ago someone gave the sequence of remote entries to access the diagnostic screen.

I can't find it.

Will someone please let me have it again.

Thanks,

Chuck

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

@chuclkw wrote:

A couple of weeka ago someone gave the sequence of remote entries to access the diagnostic screen.

I can't find it.

Will someone please let me have it again.

Thanks,

Chuck

To get to the diagnostics menu

1. press and hold "Exit" for 5 seconds
  2. press the "Down" arrow twice
  3. press "2"

Regular Contributor

Thanks Terri.

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

OK, I hear you.  But this thread is about X1 Updates, which I take to mean changes to X1.  XRE and STB versions happen all the time as you know, but they may not include anything we as users can identify.

If we only discussed changes that we could really identify this would be a very short and boring thread. We don't always get details as to what changes we should be looking for unless we bug them whether they are major changes or not.  Andrew tells us what he can when he can thankfully.  I personally want to know about everything they do to the platform.  We  as users on this forum find the changes ourselves a lot of the time, test, diagnose and report what works and what has broken. We are a fount of knowledge for Comcast and are kind of a post-beta team.  We are a user  community and thats what I like about it.

They should pay us....lol. Ok, I am done now

Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

If we only discussed changes that we could really identify this would be a very short and boring thread. We don't always get details as to what changes we should be looking for unless we bug them whether they are major changes or not.  Andrew tells us what he can when he can thankfully.  I personally want to know about everything they do to the platform.  We  as users on this forum find the changes ourselves a lot of the time, test, diagnose and report what works and what has broken. We are a fount of knowledge for Comcast and are kind of a post-beta team.  We are a user  community and thats what I like about it.

They should pay us....lol. Ok, I am done now

Exactly.. While I posted my observations on the new version on the previous page, versions ARE indicative of changes, but Comcast can choose to turn stuff on/off at their will.. 'real' change logs would be fantastic, but a pipe dream!

Most Valued Poster

. While I posted my observations on the new version on the previous page, versions ARE indicative of changes, but Comcast can choose to turn stuff on/off at their will.. 'real' change logs would be fantastic, but a pipe dream!

OMG....a real change log.....what a concept...wonder if Comcast ever heard of such a thing.  Or hows about 'release notes' like so many ohters have.

Contributor

The option to download any shows on my xfinity TV app is not available. Installed it months ago & the option still not there. Am I missing something or Is the version not available in Pgh area? Anyone else not able to "Dvr to go" thx!
Silver Problem Solver

Any help here?

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-download-faqs/

Contributor

Thx Robert, the answer is in the 1st sentence below . Just wish that Comcast had a way to let customers know when technology is available in our areas, instead of having to open app to see if if its there.

Note: X1 DVR with Cloud Technology is available only to a limited number of customers in select Comcast areas at this time.
Regular Contributor

They actually do let you know, or at least they did for me. the way this occurs is when it is available for you, the X1 box will prompt you to accept the terms of service for the cloud technology when you first turn on your TV after the services are available in your area.. thats how I knew it was available.

@Genesis722 wrote:
Thx Robert, the answer is in the 1st sentence below . Just wish that Comcast had a way to let customers know when technology is available in our areas, instead of having to open app to see if if its there.

Note: X1 DVR with Cloud Technology is available only to a limited number of customers in select Comcast areas at this time.

Contributor

Very cool, thx for the info.
Regular Contributor

Anyone having audio sync issues the last few days? I've had it occassionally in the past, where changing channels and back would clear it up, but this is staying. I thought it was maybe my new TV or its recent firmware upgrade, but Xbox, YouTube, Netflix, and HTPC are fine. Plus it is doing it on two different sets in the house, one using an XG1-A (2.0.2p10s2/1.54.06) and the other an Xi3 (2.0.2p10s1/1.54.06).

Regular Contributor

I have same versions as you on arias box and no sync issues. Sorry, wish I had better news. 

@lightstorm22 wrote:

Anyone having audio sync issues the last few days? I've had it occassionally in the past, where changing channels and back would clear it up, but this is staying. I thought it was maybe my new TV or its recent firmware upgrade, but Xbox, YouTube, Netflix, and HTPC are fine. Plus it is doing it on two different sets in the house, one using an XG1-A (2.0.2p10s2/1.54.06) and the other an Xi3 (2.0.2p10s1/1.54.06).

Regular Contributor

@lightstorm22 wrote:

I've had significantly more general slowness, weird reactions to commands in On Demand, guide black spots, and a small amount of audio sync issues in the last few days.  Had to restart several times.  But not a consisent audio sync issue.

Still all sort of weird behavior after deleting a recording.  Almost always have to delete, back out one level, then back in, to avoid getting a "you're dvr is not available" type message.

Most Valued Poster

Having slowness here too and when watching a recording and pausing it - the progress bar at the bottom of the screen is either slow to go away or doesn't go away at all and have to 'exit' and 'resume' to get it to go away. Weird and I don't have the latest update so not sure what triggered this. More workarounds....grrr.

Problem Solver

Might be an area issue, mines been fine. Granted, I don't watch much tv, but my binge session last night was quite nice!
Most Valued Poster

I got 1.55.02 last night and already had 2.0.2p12s1. I don't see any feature enhancements but I do see new entries in Labs. Can someone explain the ' Xfinity games' in labs that says no downloads, other devices,etc are needed to stream games and it would show up in APPS. I turned it on but see nothing in APPS. If it is supposed to be there its not and if it ever does show up how does it work.

I also don't see understand what they mean by DVR in game hightlights. The little info line tells me very little.

Is there a list of whats in this release?

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

among others

Andrew...what might 'among others' mean pray tell?

Silver Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

I got 1.55.02 last night and already had 2.0.2p12s1. I don't see any feature enhancements but I do see new entries in Labs. Can someone explain the ' Xfinity games' in labs that says no downloads, other devices,etc are needed to stream games and it would show up in APPS. I turned it on but see nothing in APPS. If it is supposed to be there its not and if it ever does show up how does it work.

I also don't see understand what they mean by DVR in game hightlights. The little info line tells me very little.

It appears in the first post in this thread as "July 2015 Updates"

http://www.xfinity.com/xfinitygames

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

It appears in the first post in this thread as "July 2015 Updates"

TX for pointing me to that game info. It seems its going to cost after the free beta...oh well.

Do you happen to know what 'DVR in game highlights' means.

Regular Contributor

For the last few weeks or so I am noticing after fast forwarding a DVR recoding the bottom info bar will not go away at all. I keep needing to pause the show hit exit on remote which removes the info bar then press play button and the info bar shows again but this time it goes away like normal.

I have also have noticed in the last week or so a lot of slowness/sluggishness for the entire X1 Guide/UI. It seems to happen mostly at night when most of my recordings are happening.

And yes I have great Signals at my home!

All 3 of my Arris XG1v1 DVR's are running software versions 1.54.06 07/01/15 and 2.02p10s2 Jul.8

Expert

@gate1975mlm wrote:

For the last few weeks or so I am noticing after fast forwarding a DVR recoding the bottom info bar will not go away at all. I keep needing to pause the show hit exit on remote which removes the info bar then press play button and the info bar shows again but this time it goes away like normal.

I have also have noticed in the last week or so a lot of slowness/sluggishness for the entire X1 Guide/UI. It seems to happen mostly at night when most of my recordings are happening.

All 3 of my Arris XG1v1 DVR's are running software versions 1.54.06 07/01/15 and 2.02p10s2 Jul.8

When FFW, have you tried pressing the UP arrow to remove that nasty playbar?????

Regular Contributor

@gate1975mlm wrote:

I have had the same issues, and while fast forwarding the up arrow does not remove the progress bar.

Parental controls have always been an issue, about 50% of the time I have to enter them twice.  Last night while trying to go from one on demand episode to a second, the parental controls popped up a second time, but any entry did not go into the parental control input area, but actually appeared behind that box on the screen as a new search.  There was no way out of that loop.  Unplug and restart...

The game platform has got to be a huge undertaking, with massive resources, just wish they could repurpose 10% of those resources to fix the current issues.  

Most Valued Poster

I have the updates I need for the new Games App but it still not showing up. Anything I am supposed to do to see it? I turned it on under Labs yesterday.

Expert

@TerriB wrote:

I have the updates I need for the new Games App but it still not showing up. Anything I am supposed to do to see it? I turned it on under Labs yesterday.

Did you sign up for the BETA test here?  :  http://www.xfinity.com/xfinitygames 

Regular Contributor

Andrew can correct me if I am wrong but I believe you have to request to be a beta tester because it is still in beta. If approved, it will start working for you. More information on how to apply  can be found at this adresss

@TerriB wrote:

Most Valued Poster

@geek46 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Nope did not sign up. They put something in Labs and don't say a word there about having to be a beta tester to use it.  Normally everyone can try whats in the Labs. Makes no sense.

Expert

@TerriB wrote:

@geek46 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Nope did not sign up. They put something in Labs and don't say a word there about having to be a beta tester to use it.  Normally everyone can try whats in the Labs. Makes no sense.

Go signup for it !!!   It's for a limited time and your going to love the 2-factor login !!!!  <wink-wink>

Problem Solver

1.55.04 7/28/2015 is here.. Coincidently my guide will not load any images.