Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates and both

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Please see below for some of the X1 updates coming your way in July:

Pre-Orders And More

Please note that the features outlined in the blog posts are customer facing highlights from our releases and do not include bug fixes.

Enjoy!

Gwen

Hi Gwen,

Appreciate the updates, thanks.

Any news on when the DVR will gain full functionality?

At a minimum I'm referring to, real slow motion, frame by frame advance, the ability to record the buffer, and reasonably functional rewind (or reverse slo mo).

The first paragraph that the link Pre-Orders And More takes you to is -

"At Comcast, one of our main focuses is to continue to enhance the X1 experience for all viewers. "

I have to say that I find that hard to swallow when the number one update each time is something that allows customers an easier way to find content and therefore spend more money, and there are no fixes that get us back to basic 1980s DVR (or VCR) functionality...

Regular Contributor

@RickGr4 wrote:

Gate,

I remember the "live tile" feature being mentioned and it sounds very cool. However wouldn't each live tile eat up an X1 tuner?

Considering how hard Comcast is pushing Xi3, I have a feeling this feature has fallen off of the map...

@gate1975mlm wrote:

When are we going to get the "Live Titles" feature for the Last 9 and Guide?

Also the other feature where you can see for example the score and inning right on the guide when highlighting a baseball game.

These 2 cool features were shown over a year ago at the cable show in 2014!

I really hope these enhancments are still planned for X1!

Well my guess would be that the Live title would use perhaps 1 tuner at a time.

Problem Solver

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@RickGr4 wrote:

Gate,

I remember the "live tile" feature being mentioned and it sounds very cool. However wouldn't each live tile eat up an X1 tuner?

Considering how hard Comcast is pushing Xi3, I have a feeling this feature has fallen off of the map...

@gate1975mlm wrote:

When are we going to get the "Live Titles" feature for the Last 9 and Guide?

Also the other feature where you can see for example the score and inning right on the guide when highlighting a baseball game.

These 2 cool features were shown over a year ago at the cable show in 2014!

I really hope these enhancments are still planned for X1!

Well my guess would be that the Live title would use perhaps 1 tuner at a time.

I can see a lot of reasons for this feature being scrapped.. There's scenarios where no tuners are available, the user would wait, not see any video, and be upset that it's not working as advertised. In addition, even if there is an available tuner, the delay to tune the channel or performance implications of doing so could've been enough to make it not a good experience.

Regular Contributor

No results at this time. Try again later. 9:00 pm RMT.

If you are planning on trying to watch On Demand, forget it. The above message is about all you get for almost every type of on demand content. Once again Comcast has dropped the ball big time and shot themselves in the foot. The whole on demand structure is pretty much not there. For instance, an attempt to list all Streampix movies produced the above message.  Premium Channels only have a list of the Channels and no available content at all.  I know, "our Engineers are working on the problem."  Yeah, Right.

Time to fire up the old Blu-Ray player and watch "Seventh Son" or "Run all Night".

It really brings home how vulnerable we will all be when you can only purchase movies from the Cloud.

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Hmmm, no problems here with on demand. Sorry to here this is a problem for you. 

@BeowolfJones wrote:

No results at this time. Try again later. 9:00 pm RMT.

If you are planning on trying to watch On Demand, forget it. The above message is about all you get for almost every type of on demand content. Once again Comcast has dropped the ball big time and shot themselves in the foot. The whole on demand structure is pretty much not there. For instance, an attempt to list all Streampix movies produced the above message.  Premium Channels only have a list of the Channels and no available content at all.  I know, "our Engineers are working on the problem."  Yeah, Right.

Time to fire up the old Blu-Ray player and watch "Seventh Son" or "Run all Night".

It really brings home how vulnerable we will all be when you can only purchase movies from the Cloud.

Diamond Problem Solver

There was an On Demand outage last night, fixed about 230 CT or so

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:

There was an On Demand outage last night, fixed about 230 CT or so

I was sound asleep by then so I couldn't watch a couple of OD shows I wanted to. Apparently Comcast has no redundant back up for OD.

Bows and flows of angel hair and ice cream castles in the air
and feather canyons everywhere, I've looked at the cloud that way.
But now it only blocks my show  , I tried again but it's no go.
So many things I would have done but the cloud got in my way.

I've looked the cloud from both sides now,
from up and down, and still somehow
it's cloud illusions I recall.
I really don't trust the cloud at all.

sing it Joni !
Regular Contributor

Wasn't Streampix discontinued? Or do they keep some of it around for customers who subscribed to it in the past. And what the heck time zone is RMT?

Diamond Problem Solver

No, just the Streampix Mobile App was decommissioned several months ago

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:
No, just the Streampix Mobile App was decommissioned several months ago

Oh I had just read this last year and had not heard anything since.

http://www.lightreading.com/video/ott/comcast-turns-off-streampix/d/d-id/711098

And here is an article about the cloud UI.

http://www.lightreading.com/cable/cables-cloud-based-ui-makeover/a/d-id/716978?itc=lrnewsletter_cabl...

Problem Solver

You can now sign up to beta test the X1 game streaming service:

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/game-on-experience-a-whole-new-way-to-play-on-your-tv

Edit: Also, just noticed 2.0.2p8 (6/29) on my XG1v3.

Diamond Problem Solver

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/game-on-experience-a-whole-new-way-to-play-on-your-tv

I've played with that a while back and it's pretty cool

Problem Solver

@CCAndrew wrote:

Here's hoping I have a chance to test it out! Signed up as soon as the news broke.

Regular Contributor

I am a huggggee real racing 3 fan. I play it daily lol. This is super exciting to me!!

@scjohnson312 wrote:

Edit: Also, just noticed 2.0.2p8 (6/29) on my XG1v3.

Regular Contributor

andrew? is that just a wrong image on their or was it really real racing 2 when you played with it? real racing 2 isnt even the current version of that game. its currently real racing 3. I want to think its just a bad stock image..

@CCAndrew wrote:

Diamond Problem Solver

andrew? is that just a wrong image on their or was it really real racing 2 when you played with it? real racing 2 isnt even the current version of that game. its currently real racing 3. I want to think its just a bad stock image..

To be honest,I think at the time it was a different racing game but don't remember which.

Regular Contributor

thanks andrew!

@CCAndrew wrote:

To be honest,I think at the time it was a different racing game but don't remember which.

Most Valued Poster

This is off topic but this is such an active thread I just had to post.

Here we go again.....they give us something and guess whats going on today?

No local channels and the lineup is a mess.Starts with channel 11 which is now shows as QVC but QVC is channel 6 where I live. Huge gaps in the guide and so many channels either missing or the labeling has changed. They 'say' there is an outage...REALLY? Doesn't smell like an outage. THere is a short thread about this but I don't know where the two people live who reported it. Comcast.net says outage that will be fixed by 2:20AM today. Its 8:40AM now. I called and recording says it will be fixed in 24 hours. OMG. I checked internet and there is nothing about it. I am so angry I could spit.

PLus still can't use forums with Firefox and its been a week.  I know they are working on it but this is just insane.

Valued Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

No local channels and the lineup is a mess.Starts with channel 11 which is now shows as QVC but QVC is channel 6 where I live. Huge gaps in the guide and so many channels either missing or the labeling has changed. They 'say' there is an outage...REALLY? Doesn't smell like an outage. THere is a short thread about this but I don't know where the two people live who reported it. Comcast.net says outage that will be fixed by 2:20AM today. Its 8:40AM now. I called and recording says it will be fixed in 24 hours. OMG. I checked internet and there is nothing about it. I am so angry I could spit.

PLus still can't use forums with Firefox and its been a week.  I know they are working on it but this is just insane.

What a tragedy !!! Life is over !

Regular Contributor

part of life with cable is there will always be outages. thankfully they don't happen often and when they do they address them. comcast is clearly addressing it if you are reading on their website that the outage exists. if it isnt fixed yet, I would think the problem is larger than they originally expected. I am sure the outage will be resolved for you as soon as they possibly can!

@TerriB wrote:

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

part of life with cable is there will always be outages. thankfully they don't happen often and when they do they address them. comcast is clearly addressing it if you are reading on their website that the outage exists. if it isnt fixed yet, I would think the problem is larger than they originally expected. I am sure the outage will be resolved for you as soon as they possibly can!

@TerriB wrote:

To me an outage means there is no service which is very rare where I live. What I do not expect with an outage is a totally messed up guide and inability to tune to a channel using any normal  method. Only way I can get anywhere is to use the guide and access a channel that way. I have complete sports and hispanic layers but no premiums, local or many cable networks. Took me a while to get to something I could actually tolerate early in the morning. All I wanted was local news and CBS this Morning but NOPE. Finally found a HLN where it did not belong so at least I have 'input' to start my day.

Most Valued Poster

@strotti wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

I beg your pardon?  How rude! You don't think not being able to get channels is a tragedy.  I pay up the wazzoo to see ALL channels and to expect them to be there and where they belong unless there is a lineup change and this is not the case.

Valued Contributor

As you can see they know about the outage and they addressing it. Outage doesn't mean all off - that was years ago. If you can't watch TV right now do something else ... They will get it fixed.
Most Valued Poster

@strotti wrote:
As you can see they know about the outage and they addressing it. Outage doesn't mean all off - that was years ago. If you can't watch TV right now do something else ... They will get it fixed.

I am definitely going to do other things like leave the house and run errands and meet friend for lunch. Just having to use IE and the challenging job of finding threads  is wearing me out.  I did not opt to make IE my default browser so I  can't just use the links I get in email. I did not realize how laborious it is to search the forums even when I know the exact name of the thread I am looking for. OM Goodness....its like using dial up.

Silver Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

@strotti wrote:

I am definitely going to do other things like leave the house and run errands and meet friend for lunch. Just having to use IE and the challenging job of finding threads  is wearing me out.  I did not opt to make IE my default browser so I  can't just use the links I get in email. I did not realize how laborious it is to search the forums even when I know the exact name of the thread I am looking for. OM Goodness....its like using dial up.

Chrome works, if you don't like IE.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@strotti wrote:

My OS doesn't allow these weak certificates any more, so I have to use a different machine altogether.... this is the real struggle Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@strotti wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

I beg your pardon?  How rude! You don't think not being able to get channels is a tragedy.  I pay up the wazzoo to see ALL channels and to expect them to be there and where they belong unless there is a lineup change and this is not the case.

Tell 'em Girl. How I long for the stability of the pre-X1 system. Malfunction has become commonplace in the X1 era. Instead of "Brave New World" Comcast gives us "Malfunctioning New World." I don't even get a tune up of my X1 box from kindly Doctor Clockwork. I feel like

Maaax, Maaax, Headroom.

MaxHeadroom.png

Diamond Problem Solver

ComcastAndrew wrote:

I just read it was going to be around 100,000 random customers. Good luck

Problem Solver

@BeowolfJones wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@strotti wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Tell 'em Girl. How I long for the stability of the pre-X1 system. Malfunction has become commonplace in the X1 era. Instead of "Brave New World" Comcast gives us "Malfunctioning New World." I don't even get a tune up of my X1 box from kindly Doctor Clockwork. I feel like

Maaax, Maaax, Headroom.

MaxHeadroom.png

Oh don't worry, I've heard some people have had trouble after the A31 update..

Regular Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:
@CCAndrew wrote:

I just read it was going to be around 100,000 random customers. Good luck

I hope to be one of the random customers that gets to beta test the next gen DVR, one that has slow motion and frame by frame capabilities.

Regular Contributor

SC? what is A31?

@scjohnson312 wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@strotti wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Problem Solver

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

SC? what is A31?

@scjohnson312 wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@strotti wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Bundled-Guide-release-A31-Motorola-set-tops/td-...

Regular Contributor

thanks SC, I have the arris xg1, which is probably why I did not know about this A31 updtate issue.

@scjohnson312 wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

SC? what is A31?

@scjohnson312 wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@strotti wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Bundled-Guide-release-A31-Motorola-set-tops/td-...

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@strotti wrote:

Thanks but why should a user have to use any specific browser over another to conform to what works with Lithium. Is the dark ages when we only had IE?

Diamond Problem Solver

Really nice updates coming soon

Problem Solver

@CCAndrew wrote:

What a tease!!

Gold Problem Solver

And???

Curious minds want to know...

@CCAndrew wrote:

Regular Contributor

Thanks Andrew! Love new updates!
Regular Contributor

@RickGr4 wrote:

And???

Curious minds want to know...

@CCAndrew wrote:

Film at Eleven.

Most Valued Poster

@CCAndrew wrote:

Andrew....you knew what would happen when you tossed that one over the net.....

Now of course we diehards will  be expecting small miracles but of course we will not fuss if things don't go our way.Woman LOL

Regular Contributor

I follow this forum. Posting stuff like this only invites "say more..." comments and clogs my inbox. Please share when you have something. I know you mean well, but it really doesn't add value.
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

guru,

You bring up a good point but Andrew has been granted some sort of unofficial leeway in this area.

Like many things with Comcast and X1, it is what it is... LOL

@lawnguru wrote:
I follow this forum. Posting stuff like this only invites "say more..." comments and clogs my inbox. Please share when you have something. I know you mean well, but it really doesn't add value.

Diamond Problem Solver

Anyone who's been on here enough knows updates come and they go, and I'll be glad to give all details once it's final.

Terri, i think you'll like one for sure but I know
it's not the one you want (sorry)

Lawnguru, unsubscribe to any thread you follow and save your inbox

Regular Contributor

I have wonderful news on the x1 cloud dvr functionality!! in sacramento area, it now works!! it worked flawlessly for me today! I love this new feature. I happened to upgrade my service yesterday because my contract was nearly up and wanted to renegotiate a new contract. in doing so, the cloud features suddenly came to life. I don't know if the upgrade of the service kicked the cloud features in or they just happened to coincide with when the features went live in my area. doesn't really matter why but I am glad it works.

Problem Solver

@CCAndrew wrote:
Anyone who's been on here enough knows updates come and they go, and I'll be glad to give all details once it's final.

Alright, so I just got 1.55.02.

The only difference I can see is that the About screen is bold, and the tabs on Control Panel are slightly larger...

Problem Solver

A couple other new Labs features.. Xfinity Games and DVR in game highlights
Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

I have wonderful news on the x1 cloud dvr functionality!! in sacramento area, it now works!! it worked flawlessly for me today! I love this new feature. I happened to upgrade my service yesterday because my contract was nearly up and wanted to renegotiate a new contract. in doing so, the cloud features suddenly came to life. I don't know if the upgrade of the service kicked the cloud features in or they just happened to coincide with when the features went live in my area. doesn't really matter why but I am glad it works.

What are the cloud functions that have you so excited? What do you see and what can you do so that others can look for them?

Most Valued Poster

@CCAndrew wrote:

Andrew.....now you have me so curious I am about to burst. I don't have the update yet though.

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

What are the cloud functions that have you so excited? What do you see and what can you do so that others can look for them?

Mainly being able to watch DVR recordings on my iPad when I am not home. That's just one of the many features x1 cloud DVR brings. Here is the FAQ, WHICH will give you all the info you might need:

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

Regular Contributor

Live TV on the iPad is the bomb!  I can sit in my screen porch and watch a baseball game on a hot night.