Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Sounds like they screwed the pooch on 54.03.  We should expect to see a rollback.  They rolled back a previous version I had earlier this month.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote:

Sounds like they screwed the pooch on 54.03.  We should expect to see a rollback.  They rolled back a previous version I had earlier this month.

Sigh, but this reminds me that it seems like it's been a while since they've had to roll back updates... Progress?
Silver Problem Solver

Hmm.  I have 1.54.03 on both my DVR's and I can't find any issues.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

not having a my-account 'menu' text is not fatal. rest is ok to keep.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote:

not having a my-account 'menu' text is not fatal. rest is ok to keep.

Plus, apps updates are independent of XRE updates..

Expert

I forgot to mention that I only have 5 tuners enabled at this point.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

Did I miss an announcement that we were getting more tuners enabled? Its always been 5

@Rustyben wrote:

Expert

I'm showing 6, and last night the 6th tuner was showing it was being used. .. me thinks the 6th tuner activation is bein rolled out because of the next generation boxes (Xi3) using a tuner from the dvr...just my theory at this point...
-=Ray=-

Gold Problem Solver

Comcast is working towards enabling the 6th tuner that X1 DVRs have always had inside... No announcements have been made.

@TerriB wrote:

Did I miss an announcement that we were getting more tuners enabled? Its always been 5

@Rustyben wrote:

Most Valued Poster

Pray tell how we know how many tuners are installed and/or being used?

Terri

@geek46 wrote:
I'm showing 6, and last night the 6th tuner was showing it was being used. .. me thinks the 6th tuner activation is bein rolled out because of the next generation boxes (Xi3) using a tuner from the dvr...just my theory at this point...
-=Ray=-

Silver Problem Solver

You have to go into the diagnostics screen.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=diagnostics

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/6th-Tuner/m-p/2540252/highlight/true#M71244

Regular Contributor

@RickGr4 wrote:

Comcast is working towards enabling the 6th tuner that X1 DVRs have always had inside... No announcements have been made.

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

My Pace blue light box recorded 6 shows at 9 PM last night!!!

Silver Problem Solver

Were you able to watch live TV while those shows were being recorded?

Were all of the recordings complete?

Regular Contributor

Teri:

To get to the diagnostics menu and see how many tuners you have.

1. press and hold "Exit" for 5 seconds

2. press the "Down" arrow twice

3. press "2"

The tuners are listed in the "In Band Network" selection

BJ

Regular Contributor

Hate to sound like a broken record, but can I turn off a couple of the tuners and get full functionality back on the others?

I'll go down to 3 if I can get buffer record and real slo mo back.

The prioritization of the things they are working is so frustrating.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I still have 5.

Silver Problem Solver

@tctc wrote:

Hate to sound like a broken record, but can I turn off a couple of the tuners and get full functionality back on the others?

It's not going to happen.  X1 is what it is and we have to either accept it or go to a different solution, like cord-cutting and/or TiVo.

Regular Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

@tctc wrote:

It's not going to happen.  X1 is what it is and we have to either accept it or go to a different solution, like cord-cutting and/or TiVo.

Maybe we could get Taylor Swift to contact them and tell them to fix it?

Expert

FYI-

This morning I awoke to 2.02p7s1 but cannot find anything "different"...it may just be a behind-the-scenes cosmetic update....no functionality changed,

-=Ray=-

Expert

@geek46 wrote:

FYI-

This morning I awoke to 2.02p7s1 but cannot find anything "different"...it may just be a behind-the-scenes cosmetic update....no functionality changed,

-=Ray=-

number of tuners? i'm still at 5 can only record 4 per dvr still

Expert

@Rustyben wrote:

I am showing 6 in the In-Band Network....  and for grins, I loaded up recordings and the 6th tuner was showing ativity...  <sly grin>

I have a thoery but I'm keeping mum for now...

-=Ray=-

Gold Problem Solver

Hey all,

I was told over two weeks ago that there is a plan to activate the 6th tuner. Yesterday I chatted with a very knowledgeable Comcast tech who was working my neighborhood (great guy, wish I could have sat him down for a beer...lol) and he was aware of the plan to activate the 6th tuner and it is coming very soon.

FYI for anyone in the Twin Cities that may care, Xi3s are now available here...

Most Valued Poster

@ThomT wrote:

My Pace blue light box recorded 6 shows at 9 PM last night!!!

ThomT - I have another leg if you want to pull it too

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Teri:

To get to the diagnostics menu and see how many tuners you have.

1. press and hold "Exit" for 5 seconds

2. press the "Down" arrow twice

3. press "2"

The tuners are listed in the "In Band Network" selection

BJ

Thanks...I was gone most of yesterday and today and you guys sure have been buzzin! I am off line until Monday and will reply to your last PM.

Regular Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

Unknown at this time if the recordings are all there.  I will check some of them this evening.  I was watching a previously recorded show and at about 9:15 it ended and I went back to the list of recordings.  That is when I saw that it was recording 6 different shows.  The DVR was tuned to one of the stations that was recording.  I selected another previous recorded show and watched it.  When it was done, 5 of the 6, 9:00 PM shows were finished.  All looked OK then and again this morning.  We'll see.

Regular Contributor

@geek46 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

I am showing 6 in the In-Band Network....  and for grins, I loaded up recordings and the 6th tuner was showing ativity...  <sly grin>

I have a thoery but I'm keeping mum for now...

-=Ray=-

My Pace unit shows 6 tuners and board revision V3.   

Problem Solver

I have an XG1v3-P with 2.0.2p4s1 and XRE 1.54.03, no Xi3s, and see 6 tuners in the diagnostic menu, however I can only record 4 shows while watching a 5th, otherwise I get a conflict error.

Regular Contributor

Just a little tickle to warm everyone up for next Saturday July 4, 2015

fireworks.gif

The old X1 Box is responding slooow today.

Regular Contributor

no problems over here with speed on the X1 but that is no surprise since my area tends to work wonderfully. My neighbor also has X1 and he says the same so must be we are in a great network for x1. I am excited to hear about the 6th tuner coming!!! love the improvements, thanks comcast!

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Regular Contributor

There is an X1 issue you all should be aware of.

They are having problems with some, not all, series recordings, and it's been going on for a while.

I record a program called Sunday Morning each week on CBS at 9 AM and have done so for years.

Went to watch it at about 10:45 and it wasn't there.

Called Comcast - that's when i received the news that there were known issues, the show did not record and, much to my chagrin, it wasn't hidden in the cloud or anywhere else.  Unrecoverable.

My question as to why we weren't notified was answered with "that would be hard to do; people will find out when/if they call to report the problem."

Sometimes I hate Comcast!!

Regular Contributor

@chuclkw wrote:

They are having problems with some, not all, series recordings, and it's been going on for a while.

I record a program called Sunday Morning each week on CBS at 9 AM and have done so for years.

Called Comcast - that's when i received the news that there were known issues, the show did not record and, much to my chagrin, it wasn't hidden in the cloud or anywhere else.  Unrecoverable.

My question as to why we weren't notified was answered with "that would be hard to do; people will find out when/if they call to report the problem."

I record that program also. When I noticed that it wasn't recording I looked at the guide and saw that it was marked as a repeat.  SInce I don't want repeats, it shouldn't have recorded.  Are you saying that the guide is wrong and t hat the show wasn't a repeat?

Most Valued Poster

Ditto, I was out most of Friday and when I got home mid afternoon the system was sooooooooooooo slow. Pressed any function and it took many minutes for anything to happen. I called and guess what they told me.....they said there had been an outage in my area earlier and the 'lag time' was due to the system still coming back on line. REALLY?

Most Valued Poster

@ThomT wrote:

@chuclkw wrote:

---------
X1 has been skipping episodes of series recordings as long as I can remember.  Goes months ok and then wham......skippy comes along. We are so paranoid that before we watch any recorded series episode of the dozens we have have set we check 'episodes' to make sure we have seen the previous ones. Extra wasted step.

Regular Contributor

@ThomT wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

Unknown at this time if the recordings are all there.  I will check some of them this evening.  I was watching a previously recorded show and at about 9:15 it ended and I went back to the list of recordings.  That is when I saw that it was recording 6 different shows.  The DVR was tuned to one of the stations that was recording.  I selected another previous recorded show and watched it.  When it was done, 5 of the 6, 9:00 PM shows were finished.  All looked OK then and again this morning.  We'll see.

I've watched 3 of the 6, all with no issues!

Regular Contributor

I had a couple periods of extended slowness, including 2 times when inputs were not accepted at all for maybe 30 seconds to a minute.  Afterwards I noticed had some changes to the platform.

What I've noticed -

1. The icon in the middle of the screen after pressing a button is now different.  But only slightly different and slightly smaller, not enough to make any difference, and the icon and the black bar across the bottom quarter of the scree still remain way to long, with no option that I can find to set a different delay on them.  I give this a "complete waste of effort" grade, since there was no significant change.

2. A slightly different menu of items available after pressing the down arrow.  I'll give this a thumbs up.

3. The delay on execution and amount of rewind when trying to back up just a second or two is now actually worse.  It was already bad, but now pressing rewind then play again quickly does nothing.  And if you wait a second it either goes way back, or it looks like it goes back, but then it starts playing at the same place, or actually sometimes farther forward.  Grade - total fail.

So overall I'd say this is now a worse experience than before, which unfortunately is consistent with every upgrade I've experienced since I joined the platform a year ago.

Problem Solver

@tctc wrote:

I had a couple periods of extended slowness, including 2 times when inputs were not accepted at all for maybe 30 seconds to a minute.  Afterwards I noticed had some changes to the platform.

What I've noticed -

1. The icon in the middle of the screen after pressing a button is now different.  But only slightly different and slightly smaller, not enough to make any difference, and the icon and the black bar across the bottom quarter of the scree still remain way to long, with no option that I can find to set a different delay on them.  I give this a "complete waste of effort" grade, since there was no significant change.

2. A slightly different menu of items available after pressing the down arrow.  I'll give this a thumbs up.

3. The delay on execution and amount of rewind when trying to back up just a second or two is now actually worse.  It was already bad, but now pressing rewind then play again quickly does nothing.  And if you wait a second it either goes way back, or it looks like it goes back, but then it starts playing at the same place, or actually sometimes farther forward.  Grade - total fail.

So overall I'd say this is now a worse experience than before, which unfortunately is consistent with every upgrade I've experienced since I joined the platform a year ago.

Are you talking about the 1.54.03 version?

Regular Contributor

I actually haven't looked at the version #, don't really pay attention to it since things seem to constantly fluctuate, I can check it tonight.

Are you talking about the 1.54.03 version?

Most Valued Poster

Head-in-Sand.gif

Yes he is talking about  1.54.03.  I am super excited about having a circle added around the FF/RW/Pause arrows. WOW that is some improvement...... Comcast hard at work making X1 better for sure. Sure rather have the circle than slo mo/frame by frame, recording buffer and my old favorite....font options.

Regular Contributor

Thom,

I have been watching Sunday Morning for 35 years and have never seen a repeat program.  they will sometimes repeat segments within the program, but NEVER whole programs.

Chuck

Regular Contributor

I particularly like the circle on LIVE when forwarding after a pause.

Most Valued Poster

@chuclkw wrote:

Maybe I am missing something...what does a circle around >>> or II or the word 'live' do to enhance our X1 experience? My tongue was deep in my cheek in my earlier post but if there is a benefit to circling the symbols please educate me.

Regular Contributor

Terri,

I was as serious as you were.

C.

Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

@chuclkw wrote:

Maybe I am missing something...what does a circle around >>> or II or the word 'live' do to enhance our X1 experience? My tongue was deep in my cheek in my earlier post but if there is a benefit to circling the symbols please educate me.

Terri,

It makes me 'feel good', like a drug Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:
Head-in-Sand.gif

Yes he is talking about  1.54.03.  I am super excited about having a circle added around the FF/RW/Pause arrows. WOW that is some improvement...... Comcast hard at work making X1 better for sure. Sure rather have the circle than slo mo/frame by frame, recording buffer and my old favorite....font options.

Congrats TeriB ! I see they finaly allowed you to post a picture !

I'm Just got the upgrade and have the circle and stuff. I say stuff because it rhymes with fluff.

Foghorn.png 

Silver Problem Solver

I just got an email from Comcast today saying they had added back the missing features that were in the Sports App - but just for MLB.

I don't have it yet, but look for an "Extras" option when highlighting a game in progress.

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

@TerriB wrote:
Head-in-Sand.gif

Congrats TeriB ! I see they finaly allowed you to post a picture !

I'm Just got the upgrade and have the circle and stuff. I say stuff because it rhymes with fluff.

Foghorn.png 

Yep finally able to easily insert an image. I love me some Foghorn Leghorn!

Silver Problem Solver

Here is the Comcast Voices link:

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/watch-a-game-like-never-before-with-new-baseball-extras-...

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

I just got an email from Comcast today saying they had added back the missing features that were in the Sports App - but just for MLB.

I don't have it yet, but look for an "Extras" option when highlighting a game in progress.

Did they mention a version number or anything? I have 1.54.03 and will look tonight during a game. How do you manage to get that kind of email from Comcast. I would LOVE to get emails like that. I am signed up for every kind of info email from them that I have been able to find but never get anything like that.

Found it on line dated yesterday.........http://www.multichannel.com/news/next-tv/comcast-s-x1-blends-sports-interactivity/391773

Silver Problem Solver

There is nothing in the link I posted above that mentioned version.

BTW, voice closed captioning toggle works today.  I was able to say "cc" and it turned it on and off.

XRE 1.54.05

STB 2.0.2.p4s1

Regular Contributor

I tried the "extras" link and there isn't anything.

According to the promo piece, I don't think the game has to be on: Baseball Extras pulls in and aggregates data from several sources to rate games based on team records, compute each team’s win probability and preview pitching matchups. During a game, the app displays real-time stats and analysis like strike-out percentages, pitch counts.......

I will try tonight.