Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Tc- as Andrew said, it's comcast labs feature. Those have to be turned on in comcast labs under settings. 

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

Tc- as Andrew said, it's comcast labs feature. Those have to be turned on in comcast labs under settings. 

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Please let me know when I can turn on real slow motion, frame by frame, buffer recording, and the option to remove all the clutter from the screen, ha.

Most Valued Poster

I echo tctc wish list because I fear thats all we can do is wish. We lost real slo mo, frame by frame and recording buffering. They gave us back quasi slo mo but only forward. Losing recording buffering is the worst thing ever. We also lost the Sports App features we loved.

Regular Contributor

XRE server version 1.52.05 and STB Version 2.0P15s1

Watson ! The game is afoot !

I just called Comcast about the Guide problem. Total time expended 1 hr. 7 min. 42 sec's.

I was fortunate enough to get a salient person who listened carefully and documented my observations and promised to forward these to the programmers.

It seems that Comcast or this representative  was unaware of the guide problems !

Pretty much shows no one in authority reads or cares about the posts on this forum. I was promised a call back in 48 - 72 hrs. If they do call back it'll be the first time they fulfilled their promise.

Well, enough abuse for today. Time to watch a movie that looks interesting in the Guide.

IF it's actually on, and IF it has channel information or IF it's really an on demand show or IF it doesn't say Rent or Buy.

Sorry Folks I'm over dosing on my IFFIN.

Silver Problem Solver

@tctc wrote:

- Nothing happens when I press left arrow.

You didn't say whether it was an available option in Comcast Labs.  It is only available on one of my four X1 boxes today.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Ok i previously posted that 1.52.05 seemed to have fixed the 'dark screen' issue after playing an asset then deleting it when finished. Instead with 1.52.05 for some time got regular my recordings. now.

1) the screen of assets is not updated other than deleting the asset. That is anything new is not listed at the top and any new recordings in process are not shown. hitting exit and coming back in does update it.

2) randomly after deleting an asset after viewing instead of the shaded dark screen that is over the live video, now getting just sound and black screen. Hitting X, xfinity, last, etc does not restore the video. have to change chan (losing buffer) and back to the channel to get video to be live again. sound is fine. To me it acts like it is in some kind of screen saver mode (mine is set to 5 hours)).

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

Ever since 1.52.05 came to be there seems to be yet another issue that I need input  or sanity check to see if its just us.  Sometimes we get a late start and  watch a recording in progress ( happened last night for a live 9PM  NBC show). We eventually FF and catch up to the live portion. The sound on the recorded segment cuts  in and out. I can FF or RW a little and get it to stop usually but it will sometimes start doing it again. Its not the channel because I can switch over to the live program and its ok and when I go back to the recorded segment it is usually ok but sometimes starts cutting out again. This does NOT happen on any live programming or on a fully recorded program (or at least I have not experienced that yet). Is this a buffer issue?

I should have posted this on a DVR audio thread so I will leave this one here and duplicate it there. I see the problem reported by others on another thread

Most Valued Poster

@TerriB wrote:

Ever since 1.52.05 came to be there seems to be yet another issue that I need input  or sanity check to see if its just us.  Sometimes we get a late start and  watch a recording in progress ( happened last night for a live 9PM  NBC show). We eventually FF and catch up to the live portion. The sound on the recorded segment cuts  in and out. I can FF or RW a little and get it to stop usually but it will sometimes start doing it again. Its not the channel because I can switch over to the live program and its ok and when I go back to the recorded segment it is usually ok but sometimes starts cutting out again. This does NOT happen on any live programming or on a fully recorded program (or at least I have not experienced that yet). Is this a buffer issue?

I should have posted this on a DVR audio thread so I will leave this one here and duplicate it there. I see the problem reported by others on another thread

I have issues with sound synching to video fairly frequently on recorded shows and on demand.  Haven't noticed if occurs only during paritally recorded shows, will try to remember to check.

I've also had my program start over from the beginning for the last 4 nights in a row.  It refuses to start where I last left off.

I really wish they would focus their "Labs" on fixing what's broken, instead of all these minor little new things that are of very little use to just specific segments of the user base.

Regular Contributor

For anyone that recieved the XR11 voice activated remote:

May I ask how quickly they shipped it.  Was it a long wait or were they fairly prompt?  Can you tell me about how long it took you from filling out the form to at your door?

Gold Problem Solver

That is kind of a weird question. The longer you wait to order it, the longer it will take.

If you ordered it now it would be on the way vs. waiting to hear a response to your question.

From what people have said in the forum it sounds like 3-4 days.

@robut wrote:

May I ask how quickly they shipped it.  Was it a long wait or were they fairly prompt?  Can you tell me about how long it took you from filling out the form to at your door?

Expert

they called me said I must pay $5.95 shipping/handling. I declined.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

@RickGr4 wrote:

That is kind of a weird question. The longer you wait to order it, the longer it will take.

If you ordered it now it would be on the way vs. waiting to hear a response to your question.

From what people have said in the forum it sounds like 3-4 days.

@robut wrote:

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I ordered it Yesterday.  Just wanted to avoid looking for a response every day and thinking my order somehow didn't go through.

Expert

@robut wrote:

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I ordered it Yesterday.  Just wanted to avoid looking for a response every day and thinking my order somehow didn't go through.

robut,

You will know when the order is processed because Comcast will call you to confirm the S&H charges to be added to your bill.....  it isn't shipped for free!!!!

-=Ray=-

Most Valued Poster

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

I have issues with sound synching to video fairly frequently on recorded shows and on demand.  Haven't noticed if occurs only during paritally recorded shows, will try to remember to check.

I've also had my program start over from the beginning for the last 4 nights in a row.  It refuses to start where I last left off.

I really wish they would focus their "Labs" on fixing what's broken, instead of all these minor little new things that are of very little use to just specific segments of the user base.

Yes indeed we have also had programs starting over in the last couple of weeks when we switch to another channel for just a moment or two. Maddening! 

ECHO ECHO on your last sentence. I am so tired of gee whiz widgets and targeting specific segments. All users are equally important but fix what is wrong for everyone before adding perks for just some users.

Most Valued Poster

Wish me luck. I am going to TRY to not have to pay S&H for the new remote by paying a visit to the Comcast service center today .If they  tell me they don't have one in stock I will ask for it to be mailed to me FREE or mailed to them and I will pick it up.  Believe it or not they are usually very kind and supportive there but this may not be one of those the days!!!

Expert

@TerriB wrote:

Wish me luck. I am going to TRY to not have to pay S&H for the new remote by paying a visit to the Comcast service center today .If they  tell me they don't have one in stock I will ask for it to be mailed to me FREE or mailed to them and I will pick it up.  Believe it or not they are usually very kind and supportive there but this may not be one of those the days!!!

let us know how the office visit turns out please. I declined to pay the $5.95 for one remote (3 dvrs)

Most Valued Poster

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Yes indeed we have also had programs starting over in the last couple of weeks when we switch to another channel for just a moment or two. Maddening! 

ECHO ECHO on your last sentence. I am so tired of gee whiz widgets and targeting specific segments. All users are equally important but fix what is wrong for everyone before adding perks for just some users.

I made sure to pay attention last night while watching the beginning of a recording while the show was still recording, I had some sound issues with the sound cutting out, it was in synch, but would occasionaly just have some sound drops.

I'm waiting for this new Comcast Labs Feature - cause all current features to function correctly.

Regular Contributor

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

I made sure to pay attention last night while watching the beginning of a recording while the show was still recording, I had some sound issues with the sound cutting out, it was in synch, but would occasionaly just have some sound drops.

I'm waiting for this new Comcast Labs Feature - cause all current features to function correctly.

The guide is still messed up after 3 DAYS.

I too, have seen the sound/sync problem. If it's a DVR'd show stopping and restarting sometimes works but not always. GRRRRR !

I beginning to think Comcast has a department similar to the Mininstry of silly walks but it is titled the Ministry of Irritating Glitches.

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

let us know how the office visit turns out please. I declined to pay the $5.95 for one remote (3 dvrs)

I went to the svc ctr that is a mile from my house...they MOVED so I drove a couple of miles to the new place. WOW.....big new service center with ipads galore and big screens to play with. Its all about selling X1. So......after a gracious lady got me my voice controlled remote she made the fatal error of asking me how we liked X1. I politely sat her down and we had a discussion about fonts, slo mo/frame by frame, audio,no recording buffer. I told her about all of us on these forums trying to help each other but we don't get the support from Comcast and calling does no good. She wrote down all  my issues and we playing with the system on their big screen as far as buffer and fonts. She was sure fonts could be changed so when I showed her it only works for CC she was surprised. She also did not know about the recording buffer being gone. She has first gen greenie and said she has never been able to have a recording buffer She also told me that this area I live in is the very last to get updates (northern Va suburbs of DC). Of course my 'pushiest' things for her were fonts and buffer. She asked me if anyone had written a snail mail letter to corporate in Philly and I said I had not but didn't know about others but that I doubted a few letters would do any good at that level. I told her how inept the reps are on the phone and never have a clue that anything we report was ever reported before and want to change the box and send a rep...blah blah blah. She is in sales of course as thats what they are all about at the new center. She told me I needed tier 3 support and I told her that when a rep escalates and promises a call back from Tier 2 or 3...there is never a call back. I will stop now but just wanted to share my experience. She is going to input what I told her.....don't know to whom but I did appreciate her listening to me. Now let me go pair my voice control remote....Hot diggity

Regular Contributor

Hello TerriB

The number of people frustrated with X1 just cannot be unknown to management.

Comcast Cares ?  Hoo - Hah !

Bestertester.png

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Hello TerriB

How would the issues we push on these forums get to managment? How many people do you think put pen in hand? I am 99.9% sure the reps on the phone do NOT even log it let alone pass it along and a log does NOTHING. I am sure I was just wasting energy venting to her but at least she let me show her what does not work and she really seemed geniune but that will not get things fixed.

Voice control works well and now I have blue on back lit remote to match my bluie STB...I am a fashion maven in all areas of my life......lol.

Most Valued Poster

@TerriB wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Hello TerriB

How would the issues we push on these forums get to managment? How many people do you think put pen in hand? I am 99.9% sure the reps on the phone do NOT even log it let alone pass it along and a log does NOTHING. I am sure I was just wasting energy venting to her but at least she let me show her what does not work and she really seemed geniune but that will not get things fixed.

Voice control works well and now I have blue on back lit remote to match my bluie STB...I am a fashion maven in all areas of my life......lol.

I have been told in the past that not much from the forums gets passed along (unless it comes from one of the Comcast folks that post here once in a while) but that if you call in and log the issue that it does.  Basically was told to call in every single time I have an issue so it gets logged.  Which I would try to do if it didn't take 15 minutes.  But I don't put much stock in that either, as there has been no trend towards fixing the issues that folks here say they have called about.

Regular Contributor

I have found what looks to be a work around solution to the Movie Guide issue. If I turn on the "Free to Me" setting in the guide filter it seems to fix the problem. Even the "Movies on Now" seems to be working correctly. Interestingly, some movies get channel info and can be watched, while others just disappear from the "On Now" listing. All the + 1/2 hr + 1 hr and + 1 1/2 hr. listings have channel info with this filter enabled and the "View All" total matches the total after you press "OK" to view all. So far, I have only been able to test this theorem for 2 hrs but it looks promising.

Go figure.....

Regular Contributor

Further Investigation of my filter solution indicates that some shows that weren't listed in the guide on any of the listings "On Now", Now + 1/2 hr etc. Pop up in the listing after the filter is applied. This confirms my feeling that the guide was missing some aired shows entirely.

BOO !

I wonder what I missed watching.

Regular Contributor

Ditch X1 for a couple of hours and go see Mad Max.

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

I went to the svc ctr that is a mile from my house...they MOVED so I drove a couple of miles to the new place. WOW.....big new service center with ipads galore and big screens to play with. Its all about selling X1. So......after a gracious lady got me my voice controlled remote she made the fatal error of asking me how we liked X1. I politely sat her down and we had a discussion about fonts, slo mo/frame by frame, audio,no recording buffer. I told her about all of us on these forums trying to help each other but we don't get the support from Comcast and calling does no good. She wrote down all  my issues and we playing with the system on their big screen as far as buffer and fonts. She was sure fonts could be changed so when I showed her it only works for CC she was surprised. She also did not know about the recording buffer being gone. She has first gen greenie and said she has never been able to have a recording buffer She also told me that this area I live in is the very last to get updates (northern Va suburbs of DC). Of course my 'pushiest' things for her were fonts and buffer. She asked me if anyone had written a snail mail letter to corporate in Philly and I said I had not but didn't know about others but that I doubted a few letters would do any good at that level. I told her how inept the reps are on the phone and never have a clue that anything we report was ever reported before and want to change the box and send a rep...blah blah blah. She is in sales of course as thats what they are all about at the new center. She told me I needed tier 3 support and I told her that when a rep escalates and promises a call back from Tier 2 or 3...there is never a call back. I will stop now but just wanted to share my experience. She is going to input what I told her.....don't know to whom but I did appreciate her listening to me. Now let me go pair my voice control remote....Hot diggity

Related to ordering the XR11 voice activated remote:

I ordered with the on line order form.  I went to my local Xfinity store to ask if they had them to avoid S&H charges.  They said they don't have them.  The only way is to order on line.  That was yesterday.  Today I called and checked the accuracy of that information.  I was told my local store had them.  he also told me my order was recorded and there was no shipping charge and I should get it next Tuesday or Wednesday and there would be no cal about S&H.   I don't know why some would be charged and some not.  My account is small, double play only and one DVR.  I am happy it is free though.

Problem Solver

I see that dark/missing items in the guide grid is back in 1.52..
Regular Contributor

@scjohnson312 wrote:

Yea, I don't have that issue but then again most of the issues reported here I have never had. Must be regional issue. 

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@scjohnson312 wrote:

Yea, I don't have that issue but then again most of the issues reported here I have never had. Must be regional issue. 

I still have it, California Bay area

Most Valued Poster

Interesting addition to the forums, at least new to me, lately I get asked if I want to help answer a question.  This time they want me to answer this question from last Septembers updates.  Which wasn't even a question in the first place.

Thanks for your contribution. Think you can help answer the following question?
Updates coming in SeptemberPosted by ComcastSarah 09-10-2014 at 10:50 AM
Answer
Regular Contributor

Strange, I am in Sacramento but then again that's couple hundred or so miles from Bay Area. Probably totally different cable network or whatever it's called  

@tctc wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@scjohnson312 wrote:

I still have it, California Bay area

Regular Contributor

@tctc wrote:

Interesting addition to the forums, at least new to me, lately I get asked if I want to help answer a question.  This time they want me to answer this question from last Septembers updates.  Which wasn't even a question in the first place.

Thanks for your contribution. Think you can help answer the following question?
Updates coming in SeptemberPosted by ComcastSarah 09-10-2014 at 10:50 AM
Answer

I was going to mention this also. Nice catch.  The new forum design is really a kludge. I know most of us are really wondering how the programmers can be so inept. As I've said before, they use the Customers to test this stuff for them.  No amount of smarmy X1 over-hyped commercials can hide the fact that X1 still isn't stable.

If Comcast was a small business, they'd be OUT OF BUSINESS.

PS: My set the Guide filter to "Free to Me" movie guide fix has worked for 5 days now and seems to fix the Movie guide issue. The only problem is the filter resets to "All Programs" after a while and the bogus listings pop up again. Other posts indicate that this is a national issue and Comcast is working on it. 5 Days and they haven't fixed it yet.

Spread Out ! Smack ! Woo ! Woo ! Woo !

Most Valued Poster

@robut wrote:

Related to ordering the XR11 voice activated remote:

I ordered with the on line order form.  I went to my local Xfinity store to ask if they had them to avoid S&H charges.  They said they don't have them.  The only way is to order on line.  That was yesterday.  Today I called and checked the accuracy of that information.  I was told my local store had them.  he also told me my order was recorded and there was no shipping charge and I should get it next Tuesday or Wednesday and there would be no cal about S&H.   I don't know why some would be charged and some not.  My account is small, double play only and one DVR.  I am happy it is free though.

======

robut...they sure gave you the run around. Make sure you check your bill carefully for the S&H charges. With all the different answers you got and the fact that others are being charged for the S&H  .......!!!

Most Valued Poster

When I was talking to the rep at the scv center I mentioned how they roll out updates and break existing features  at the same time and that we wondered if they ever test anything. I told her it seems that we the users were the testers after the fact and that was just wrong. She told me that at Philly corporate they have  team of beta testers and they test up to a year before rolling out a feature. I decided to end the conversation right then and there.

Silver Problem Solver

That's hard to believe.  They must use a limited number of testbeds and they probably don't have connection issues to remote servers like we do out here in the boonies.  My whole system went down during the Rockets/Clippers game yesterday - DVR, companions, HDDTA's all.  We used an antenna during the outage since the game was on the local ABC channel.  (The picture seemed better than X1 on our 60" LEDTV.)

Comcast sent an email when it came back up so they knew about it and fixed it pretty quick.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

That's hard to believe.  They must use a limited number of testbeds and they probably don't have connection issues to remote servers like we do out here in the boonies.  My whole system went down during the Rockets/Clippers game yesterday - DVR, companions, HDDTA's all.  We used an antenna during the outage since the game was on the local ABC channel.  (The picture seemed better than X1 on our 60" LEDTV.)

Comcast sent an email when it came back up so they knew about it and fixed it pretty quick.

Its almost impossible to believe. She said they have a "whole room full" of feature testors. I would like to be a fly on the wall to see what they are actually doing.

Sorry about your outage and thank goodness for those little dtv  converter boxes. We have had to resort to ours too when we lose the cable . Doesn't happen often but when it does its off for a long time. Usually from some contractor digging or  traffic accident knocking something down. We don't get a really good signal for network on the dtv/antenna but good enough.

Silver Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

Its almost impossible to believe. She said they have a "whole room full" of feature testors. I would like to be a fly on the wall to see what they are actually doing.

Sorry about your outage and thank goodness for those little dtv  converter boxes. We have had to resort to ours too when we lose the cable . Doesn't happen often but when it does its off for a long time. Usually from some contractor digging or  traffic accident knocking something down. We don't get a really good signal for network on the dtv/antenna but good enough.

FYI, my DTV's were out at the same time.  That's why I had to use an antenna to watch the game.  Living in a big city has SOME advantages.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hello everyone,

Please see below for highlights from our May updates:

A More Intuitive and Navigable User Experience

Enjoy

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

FYI, my DTV's were out at the same time.  That's why I had to use an antenna to watch the game.  Living in a big city has SOME advantages.

How did you get so lucky to use just an antenna without the digital converter box (dtv)? I don't understand how your dtv converters could be out of service or perhaps we are talkiing about different things. The dtv converter plugs into the tv  with an antenna attached in order to get over the air channels.  Its been years since the FCC stopped over the air analog signal without the converter box with antenna connected to it and you only get a few channels. We have our old top of house antenna but unless its hooked up to the converter box its useless. We use rabbit ears with our dtv box when we lose cable.

Regular Contributor

thanks Gwen! very exciting stuff!! keep the new features coming!!

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hello everyone,

Please see below for highlights from our May updates:

A More Intuitive and Navigable User Experience

Enjoy

Silver Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

How did you get so lucky to use just an antenna without the digital converter box (dtv)? I don't understand how your dtv converters could be out of service or perhaps we are talkiing about different things. The dtv converter plugs into the tv  with an antenna attached in order to get over the air channels.  Its been years since the FCC stopped over the air analog signal without the converter box with antenna connected to it and you only get a few channels. We have our old top of house antenna but unless its hooked up to the converter box its useless. We use rabbit ears with our dtv box when we lose cable.

My 60" TV is connected to my X1 DVR, not an HD DTA, (digital TV adapter).

All I had to do was change the TV's input from the DVR to the antenna connection.

Regular Contributor

TerriB:

I just sent a long reply to your post and this cruddy forum gave me a "Message not found" error and flushed the whole thing.

Room full of testers ?

(meanwhile back in Philly: Rodney Dangerfield is giving the room full of Beta testing Chimps their morning Bananas)

Me Tarzan, you beta tester.

Regular Contributor

It's sad that the solution to finishing watching a sporting event is to go to your local broadcast via a antenna connection. Why do we pay these people for cable then ?

Most Valued Poster

now when I click on the link to a Forum email I get a message box telling me I need to sign in to "Lithium"

comcastsupport.state.lithium.com:80      and boxes to enter name and password

???

and then i tried again and got an error page telling me "You do not have sufficient priveleges for this resource or it's parent..."

Most Valued Poster

@tctc wrote:

now when I click on the link to a Forum email I get a message box telling me I need to sign in to "Lithium"

???

and then i tried again and got an error page telling me "You do not have sufficient priveleges for this resource or it's parent..."

I got that strange Lithium sign-in screen too. What in the world is going on with these forums. Beowulf's message to me disappears and now this? I put my comcast id/pwd in just for grins but of course it didn't like that.   Then I got the forum messages all of a sudden.

I think we are going to need some lithium soon if you get my drift.

Most Valued Poster

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

???

I got that strange Lithium sign-in screen too. What in the world is going on with these forums. Beowulf's message to me disappears and now this? I put my comcast id/pwd in just for grins but of course it didn't like that.   Then I got the forum messages all of a sudden.

subliminal lithium to help us forget the frustrations?

The May list of updates is a joke.

Do you really put an "enable all" option on a marketing list of new functions?

Maybe if you're an 11 year old working on your first project.

Restart Notification - wow, great.  How about a "start from where I left off last time, like it's actually supposed to" function.

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

???

Vis a Vis your post about the lady at the Comcast Propaganda center telling you about how Comcast tests their stuff for a year. I guess if you tell a lie long enough you begin to believe it.

Don't P down my back and tell me it's raining .

Josey Wales

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

???

Vis a Vis your post about the lady at the Comcast Propaganda center telling you about how Comcast tests their stuff for a year. I guess if you tell a lie long enough you begin to believe it.

Don't P down my back and tell me it's raining .

Josey Wales

Go ahead...."make my day"

Most Valued Poster

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

???

subliminal lithium to help us forget the frustrations?

The May list of updates is a joke.

Do you really put an "enable all" option on a marketing list of new functions?

Maybe if you're an 11 year old working on your first project.

Restart Notification - wow, great.  How about a "start from where I left off last time, like it's actually supposed to" function.

The new almost totally useless updates made me scratch my head and really wonder if they think customers can be placated with inane widgets and make us forget the really useful features they keep taking away. Really? Its almost like they want to punish us for liking what we once had....!

Most Valued Poster

I searched for 'lithium' on the board. There actually is such an animal.  Has something to do with Comcast forum maintenance. Really? They need to heal from the inside out. Check it out!