Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates - New X1 Glitch (for Me) Update 03/26/2015

I agree but they never have and they never will. Please remember a few things I have posted in the past:

1. X1 is Comcast's top secret baby. It is being developed behind closed doors. Most employees are not in the loop and don't know what is going on. Those that do know are sworn to secrecy.

2. I still contend that Comcast has made MANY changes to X1 without changing version numbers and version dates. I truly believe that X1 version numbers cannot be 100% trusted.

3. One of the design goals of the 2.0 firmware was to minimize the differences between Pace and Arris DVRs. But as long as they use different chipsets that may not be 100% possible.

4. X1 problems vary across the markets. Over the past six months, I have not experienced MOST of the problems mentioned in the forum. The issues I have noticed happen very rarely and I cannot repeat them on demand. Generally I try not to comment on issues I cannot replicate or have some sort of first hand experience with. For example, my newest Panny plasma has reverted to 720p three or four times over a five to six month period. But it simply does not happen often enough and I cannot replicate the problem on demand so I am careful about the comments I make on the issue...

@rjc1247 wrote:

@RickGr4 wrote:

Comcast Neal has told us that one of the strengths of the X1 platform is their ability to make changes (updates) to the platform within days or weeks, not months or years. Updates that happen within weeks with X1 could take months or years with the legacy platforms.

With 4K UHD and 4K SUHD TVs already coming out along with HDMI 2.0 coming soon as well, I HIGHLY doubt the pace of updates to X1 devices is going to slow down. In fact, I could see it increasing. Also with X2 boxes on the horizon, the current X1 boxes could be headed for a MAJOR batch of changes.

Mangs, Robert is right. There will NEVER be a final version. The cycle of continuous updates to X1 devices is going to continue if not escalate...

Dosen't change that fact that Comcast should tell us what's different in each of these updates!

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates - Curiouser and Curiouser

Has anybody noticed that every once in a while the movie guide will only list two or three shows for a particular time period when you know that there are a lot more than three for that time period ? If you highlight each one. when you get to the last one the guide suddenly populates the listing with the rest of the shows. Exiting the guide and reloading doesn't fix the listing because it drops back to two or three shows then repopulates when you highlight the last one.  The guide also does double listings for the same show/channel sometimes. If I was Alice, I would suspect the Cheshire cat was smiling invisibly in the background.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates - Curiouser and Curiouser

I wish I could confirm this BJ but I can't. Guide 1.51.04 appears to be fine in this regard. At least for me...

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Has anybody noticed that every once in a while the movie guide will only list two or three shows for a particular time period when you know that there are a lot more than three for that time period ? If you highlight each one. when you get to the last one the guide suddenly populates the listing with the rest of the shows. Exiting the guide and reloading doesn't fix the listing because it drops back to two or three shows then repopulates when you highlight the last one.  The guide also does double listings for the same show/channel sometimes. If I was Alice, I would suspect the Cheshire cat was smiling invisibly in the background.

Expert

anyone see anything new other than what I posted on msg 845 above? 

The 'black' screen after playing a +30 minute video and deleting it is still happening. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@Rustyben wrote:

The 'black' screen after playing a +30 minute video and deleting it is still happening. 

Hey Rusty,

I "was" seeing this before, but after 2.0p14s1 and 150.08 now, I have tried and tried to replicate as before, but it will just not happen..... even having both DVR's busy (recording) and playing 2 different assets, I cannot get it to do it again!!!!

Sorry!

-=Ray=-

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

@BeowolfJones wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@geek46 wrote:

It's officially 2.0p14s1   someone else just posted that they received it in another thread....

-=Ray=-

Native version is still 2.0 here

Still the same old 1.50.05 here. Oh, how I long for the days when I could care less about what software version the box was on. Why ? Because the system worked all the time and maybe had to be reset two or three times in as many years.

"The new software has been released and it's full of bugs as you requested. "Good !" they'll be purchasing upgrades for years ! "

Media mogul Elliot Carver (Jonathan Pryce) in the James Bond Film "Tomorrow Never Dies."

You made my day! I remember when I had no clue what all the version/release,etc numbers meant and didn't really care as everything worked fine and THEN it didn't! Now I am checking that 'about' page more than once a day and not even sure why I bother since the bugs are still there and no one can tell me what has supposedly changed. OCD anyone?

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

Not sure this is the same thing but I still get a darkened screen after watching  and deleting any recording. Can't change channel, view guide or do anything until I press 'exit' which brightens the screen back to normal and apparently wakes the system back up. Its almost like 'sleep' function on phone.  May sound like a small thing but why should I have to do that just because I watched/deleted a recording. So many extra steps we have to do just to complete simple functions.

Expert

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

Not sure this is the same thing but I still get a darkened screen after watching  and deleting any recording. Can't change channel, view guide or do anything until I press 'exit' which brightens the screen back to normal and apparently wakes the system back up. Its almost like 'sleep' function on phone.  May sound like a small thing but why should I have to do that just because I watched/deleted a recording. So many extra steps we have to do just to complete simple functions.

for fun I turned on the 'B' PIP and waited for the black screen bug, lo and behold, when I usually got live picture/sound but with dark 'curtain' dimming the image i got pure black with PIP in the bottom right corner. So the 'black' is actually the 'recordings' menu with the data/headers/clock/temperature etc 'gone' but in this case still has the PIP. At least it makes more sense now as to what the bug actually is.

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

for fun I turned on the 'B' PIP and waited for the black screen bug, lo and behold, when I usually got live picture/sound but with dark 'curtain' dimming the image i got pure black with PIP in the bottom right corner. So the 'black' is actually the 'recordings' menu with the data/headers/clock/temperature etc 'gone' but in this case still has the PIP. At least it makes more sense now as to what the bug actually is.

Velly Intellesting...thanks. Have not seen any mention of the bug being on a 'to do ' list to get fixed.

Regular Contributor

I have a new issue - might not be important to everone, but I will assume I'm not alone.

Major League Baseball started last night.

The Sports App, however still does not have a listing for Baseball.

Any idea when this will be available?

Today would be helpful.

Thanks

Gold Problem Solver

Chuck,

There is at least two other current threads running in the forum that deal directly with this issue...

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/MLB-on-the-Sports-App/td-p/2504978

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/Sports-app/td-p/2486952

@chuclkw wrote:

I have a new issue - might not be important to everone, but I will assume I'm not alone.

Today would be helpful.

Thanks

Most Valued Poster

@chuclkw wrote:

Today would be helpful.

Thanks

And you aren't going to like the answers on those other Sports App threads !

Regular Contributor

Hi Terri,

The apps are working fine for pro hockey, basketball, Nascar, and college basketball championships and USED to work for basebll.

What's App?

Expert

@chuclkw wrote:

Hi Terri,

The apps are working fine for pro hockey, basketball, Nascar, and college basketball championships and USED to work for basebll.

What's App?

the particular app is the sports app (hit the C button)

Regular Contributor

Thanks Rick,

At least I know it will probably be here sometime.

Gold Problem Solver

Comcast has told us they are updating the app and they are very aware of the issues. If you noticed in one of the other threads, Comcast Chad said baseball should be back for everyone by tomorrow.

@chuclkw wrote:

Thanks Rick,

Most Valued Poster

@RickGr4 wrote:

Comcast has told us they are updating the app and they are very aware of the issues. If you noticed in one of the other threads, Comcast Chad said baseball should be back for everyone by tomorrow.

@chuclkw wrote:

Thanks Rick,

Rick, would you like to make a small wager that if MLB returns to the app that it does not have the visible diamond and animated action? We need to stop talking about the sports app on this thread.

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@chuclkw wrote:

Hi Terri,

What's App?

the particular app is the sports app (hit the C button)

Chuck, the only thing that those sports show are scores and schedule and the former app was much more informative.

Problem Solver

So 1.51 has some interesting Comcast Labs features..

But now, in the Favorites guide, we're back to having random greyed out text in the grid...

Regular Contributor

I agree, development will always be ongoing with x1 and as you noted technology changes and x1 should change with it. This is totally understood and expected. I'm actually glad to see that Comcast continues to develop the product, although, I'd prefer they stabilize before they worry about adding to it.

But.... that's not what FINAL RELEASE means in the software development world. Final release means the particular patch or update has been developed, tested, bugs fixed, tested again and found to meet the purpose it was created for and is ready for deployment. That is a patch or update or any software change for that matter that is ready to be deployed to the public.

For example, if comcast is working on firmware patch 13 then they make all the coding changes that are required for that patch only, pass it along to qc for testing, fix the bugs found by qc , pass back to qc for more testing (this process should go on till qc determines it's relatively bug free) then qc signs off on it saying it's ready to be released then and only then does it get pushed to the public. The version that qc signed off on and is pushed to the public is considered the final release (for that update).

So... since 1.51 was deployed it must be the planned final release for that build. If Comcast plans on deploying additional 1.51.xxx builds then it's not the final release. We aren't talking about the final release of the entire product, I'm only referring to the final release of a particular patch

All many of us are looking for is an explanation as to what was added, fixed or removed. It's simple really, comcast just don't want to provide the info.

Ps... please note that the procedure mentioned above or a similar procedure is used by most companies that develop software... this does not mean every company  does it. 

@RickGr4 wrote:

Comcast Neal has told us that one of the strengths of the X1 platform is their ability to make changes (updates) to the platform within days or weeks, not months or years. Updates that happen within weeks with X1 could take months or years with the legacy platforms.

With 4K UHD and 4K SUHD TVs already coming out along with HDMI 2.0 coming soon as well, I HIGHLY doubt the pace of updates to X1 devices is going to slow down. In fact, I could see it increasing. Also with X2 boxes on the horizon, the current X1 boxes could be headed for a MAJOR batch of changes.

Mangs, Robert is right. There will NEVER be a final version. The cycle of continuous updates to X1 devices is going to continue if not escalate...

Regular Contributor

I also noticed a large number of grayed grid cells as well.

Although this little bug really doesn't alter my viewing experience, I do find it annoying because it displays a total lack of attention to detail on Comcast' s part. How do they miss this stuff when they test?

Regular Contributor

@MadMangs wrote:

Although this little bug really doesn't alter my viewing experience, I do find it annoying because it displays a total lack of attention to detail on Comcast' s part. How do they miss this stuff when they test?

I can't imagine that they test this stuff on any substantive level. The constant bugs are an indication of this. The entire release process would logically indicate that the programmers are being pressured to make changes with no apparent oversight of the ramifications these changes will have on the product and it's stability. I have to lay the fault for this on management and their priorities. The whole X1 experience has most of us wondering if we have lost our sanity because we expect better service from a Major Cable provider. There is ample evidence from the posts on this forum that many posters have a lot of programming experience and are NOT A BUNCH OF WHINING CRY BABIES.  I'ts time for Comcast to step up and stabilize this product like the professional company they claim to be.

BJ

Valued Contributor

Hello everyone,

Below you will find the April Updates to X1. Enjoy!

A More Intuitive and Accessible User Experience

In addition to the features outlined in the blog post, the following features are new to Comcast Labs:

Kids Zone: A Kid safe and friendly environment. Children are able to navigate through content and select content to watch that is appropriate for children 12 and under. Turn on in Comcast Labs and access by clicking the smiley face icon that will appear in your main menu.

Spanish Menu Language: Change the language of the Guide and menus to Spanish, by turning this setting on in Comcast Labs.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Thanks Gwen! I Enjoyed reading that and continue to enjoy my x1 experience. I have never had most of the problems others discuss and am greatful for your info on updates. I am sure they will resolve the only problem I have, which comcast Neil already recognized was being worked on. That's the issue where it reverts to 720p every time TV is turned off. Once again, thanks Gwen!!
Most Valued Poster

Thanks Gwen,  I am about as socially liberal as you can get and its nice to see more new enhancements for segments of the X1 population  but as a  female senior citizen I am not feeling warm and fuzzy.  When are the bugs that already exist going to be fixed?  Among other broken things  I would like to be able to see brightness instead of darkness after viewing a recording. I would like to be able to adjust the contrast (in lieu of ever expecting option to adjust size) of the text  so that I can actually read it.

More fun to move forward and develop and produce new toys than to fix broken ones. Who cares if general  basic X1 functions never work again.

Regular Contributor

@BeowolfJones wrote:

@MadMangs wrote:

I can't imagine that they test this stuff on any substantive level. The constant bugs are an indication of this. The entire release process would logically indicate that the programmers are being pressured to make changes with no apparent oversight of the ramifications these changes will have on the product and it's stability. I have to lay the fault for this on management and their priorities. The whole X1 experience has most of us wondering if we have lost our sanity because we expect better service from a Major Cable provider. There is ample evidence from the posts on this forum that many posters have a lot of programming experience and are NOT A BUNCH OF WHINING CRY BABIES.  I'ts time for Comcast to step up and stabilize this product like the professional company they claim to be.

BJ

I have to say I totally agree. I too notice that there are many software engineers out here and it's almost unanimous that Comcast development practices are not up to the standards of other large companies.

I've consulted and developed software for many large companies including comcast (about 20-25 years ago) and even then they didn't follow any of the usual development practices. We always had a manager with a large bug list or feature addition list shoving new assignments in the programmers faces without any regard for how one change would affect the rest of the system. Everything was always reactionary. Instead of planning a modification and dealing with its impact on the whole project before making any code changes, their approach was code it now and fix whatever it breaks later.

It seems they haven't changed since I was their 20+ years ago. That was actually the main reason I left.... I was picking up some nasty programming habits as a junior programmer so I stayed there long enough to get my initial experience (first job out of school) in the field and found a new job as soon as possible.

Somebody needs to buy comcast a copy of Code Complete. It's a really good book that discusses the entire development/project life cycle including unit testing, bug fixing, etc. The book is language independent although most of the code examples are in c++.

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates - THX

@MadMangs wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

@MadMangs wrote:

BJ

I have to say I totally agree. I too notice that there are many software engineers out here and it's almost unanimous that Comcast development practices are not up to the standards of other large companies.

I've consulted and developed software for many large companies including comcast (about 20-25 years ago) and even then they didn't follow any of the usual development practices. We always had a manager with a large bug list or feature addition list shoving new assignments in the programmers faces without any regard for how one change would affect the rest of the system. Everything was always reactionary. Instead of planning a modification and dealing with its impact on the whole project before making any code changes, their approach was code it now and fix whatever it breaks later.

It seems they haven't changed since I was their 20+ years ago. That was actually the main reason I left.... I was picking up some nasty programming habits as a junior programmer so I stayed there long enough to get my initial experience (first job out of school) in the field and found a new job as soon as possible.

Somebody needs to buy comcast a copy of Code Complete. It's a really good book that discusses the entire development/project life cycle including unit testing, bug fixing, etc. The book is language independent although most of the code examples are in c++.

I too have experienced the havoc such non -standard programming practices can cause. One day my Unix session was suddenly terminated while I was doing Admin duties. Just not there.My Phone started ringing as Payroll, Accounting and Engineering complained about the loss of the system.  I pinged my way through all the various IP addresses all the way to the basement, looking for the break. Usually it would be a router or gateway failure in one of the closets but not this time. I was walking down the hallway when I overheard a couple of techs talking about the IP changes they had Just made. WHAT ! I immediately asked them if the IP had been changed on the main Unix box. Sure enough they had changed it. Their new boss told them to go ahead and change many of the IP's in the building and then see who complained ! Lucky me, I was able to get the IP restored to It's original value and put over 150 people back to work.

(The software we used required a hard coded IP address.)

I discovered years ago that doing the job right the first time ultimately takes less time than producing a quick fix that is not well thought out and tested.  When the parameters of a product keep being changed by management, the result is what we see in the X1 platform. This has been seen over and over in the aircraft field where the DOD keeps modifying the specification's of new military aircraft  until it is a wonder the things can fly at all. Guess who pays for all this.

WeThe People.png

This and Comcast's X1 programming approach all fall into the category I call

DUH !

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates - THX

FYI,

As of Tuesday night all of my X1 boxes had MLB info.

I was told that additional information MIGHT be included in the future.

Expert

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates and both

1.51.04 and fw 2.0..14s2 

found a new thing (at least new to me). To see it try on-demand for big bang theory when playing hit fast forward.

you get an icon "Fast Forward isn't available. This program doesn't support it.

Most Valued Poster

I've had fast forward restrictions on various different on demand content since day 1, which has been about 6 months.   Luckily skip forward and back still work, though they are always a bit inconsistent with on demand.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@tctc wrote:

I've had fast forward restrictions on various different on demand content since day 1, which has been about 6 months.   Luckily skip forward and back still work, though they are always a bit inconsistent with on demand.

On Demand seems to be catch as catch can. I never know for sure what to expect. Sometimes, the show I want to watch will not want to resume after I stop it to answer a phone call. I keep trying and usually it will eventually resume. I know certain shows won't allow FF because they don't want you to FF through the commercials but I can't speak about the channels in question because they are shows I don't watch. Another irritating thing is the fact that instead of resuming where you left off some content restarts from the beginning.

Several posts ago, I documented a prerecorded show that continued to advance even while I had hit "Exit". The show continued to play somewhere in the ozone while I was busy. It was only when it finally reached the end,  that playback and resume started to work normally.

The problem is that these incidents occur at random times and then things start work again. I believe all these problems to be server related. It would be interesting to know just how many people could watch the same on demand show simultaneously.  

BJ

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

1.51.04 and fw 2.0..14s2 

found a new thing (at least new to me). To see it try on-demand for big bang theory when playing hit fast forward.

you get an icon "Fast Forward isn't available. This program doesn't support it.

In my one year of experience  with X1 there has always been a FF issue with many On Demand shows-  usually only major network shows. Page Up is the  way to FF them but  you can either use Page Down or the 'normal' RW if you go too far  forward but then if you go too far back you have to just grin and bear it or try to use page up again....etcetera  and so forth and so on and cockadoodle doo and  headaches ensue.  I think all shows should be able to be forwarded if we so choose. Who are  they kidding by thinking not being able to FF will force us to watch commercials.  We have work arounds with Page Up and we also have the DVR process. Skipping commercials or other content has been around since the VCR was created. Those networks need to get over it and allow the user to control how they watch.

NOTE: This is NOT something Comcast controls

Expert

Guess I didn't explain it very well.. picture worth 1,000 words and all note upper right side of pix for message (new). I hit it several times so I would have time to take the picture. the notices expire every few seconds.

NoFFnew1.jpg

Most Valued Poster

Ah, I see.  Not new behavior, just a new way of messaging it.

An excellent use of their programming time.

I love having things appear on the screen that block my view of the actual content, so happy they're finding a way to do more of that, instead of reducing the useless clutter that already appears.

Brings horrible misguided UI to a new level...

Silver Problem Solver

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Welcome to the new "Upcoming X1 Updates" thread. Please check here for lists of upcoming updates to the X1 product, posted by an official Comcast employee.

The updates here will be new customer facing features and improvements coming to the product – this does not include any of the development work to improve stability and other RDK issues.

Please see below for links to "Upcoming Updates" threads from previous months:

July 2014 Updates

August 2014 Updates

September 2014 Updates

October 2014 Updates

January 2015 Updates + ability to view completed recordings if services are down, Spanish language indicators in search results and ability to immediately sync old list of scheduled recordings to new DVR (in the event of a DVR box swap). "What's New" Video!

February 2015 Updates 

April Updates + Kids Zone and Spanish Menu Language

Also, lookout for new and exciting, experimental features that can be turned "On" and "Off" in Comcast Labs.

Thank you!

Ho-hum.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

@tctc wrote:

Ah, I see.  Not new behavior, just a new way of messaging it.

An excellent use of their programming time.

I love having things appear on the screen that block my view of the actual content, so happy they're finding a way to do more of that, instead of reducing the useless clutter that already appears.

Brings horrible misguided UI to a new level...

I'm with you about the clutter. I hate the watermarks some channels use, especially the overly large ones. Some stations pop up animated blurbs to promote their shows and I really hate that. Just let me watch the show already. I would hate to see my viewing experience turned into the minefield of ads that you dodge on the Comcast web site. I don't really need a huge FF icon in the middle of the screen either. The pre - X1 boxes worked a lot better on FF but then they worked a lot better on most common tasks the user selected. The page up trick is a nice work around. I try to DVR most of the stuff I want to watch if possible so I can FF the commercials.

How About DVD's with function unavailable ? Same thing in a different format. Like explorers sailing to the New World, we all wonder when the X1 ship is going to land us on a friendly shore.

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

Guess I didn't explain it very well.. picture worth 1,000 words and all note upper right side of pix for message (new). I hit it several times so I would have time to take the picture. the notices expire every few seconds.

sorry that I mis-understood and offered alternate FF method.  My messages like that still come in a pop up box in the middle of the screen.

Expert

DID ANYONE NOTICE?????

That selecting a recorded Asset...then viewing the Information, that you CANNOT use the LEFT ARROW to quickly go to Movie Info, nor MARK the asset as UNWATCHED anymore?  You are now required to use the RIGHT ARROW only....

WHY whould Comcastic remove the ability to QUICKLY and EFFICIENTLY navigate ??????

Nevermind.... I answered it above!  <hehehehehehehe>

Seriously though,  this is a step backwards IMO.

-=Ray=- 

Most Valued Poster

@geek46 wrote:

DID ANYONE NOTICE?????

That selecting a recorded Asset...then viewing the Information, that you CANNOT use the LEFT ARROW to quickly go to Movie Info, nor MARK the asset as UNWATCHED anymore?  You are now required to use the RIGHT ARROW only....

WHY whould Comcastic remove the ability to QUICKLY and EFFICIENTLY navigate ??????

-=Ray=- 

RUT ROH....sounds like a political move.....'moving right only'...lol

Most Valued Poster

There is already a new thread you may be interested in: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/DVR-is-not-recording-the-buffered-portion-of-a-live-program/m-p/2495...

We can no longer record the buffered portion of a live program.

Edit: I have tried to record using guide and by just pressing 'record' and both methods start recording from current time and no buffering. One more nail in the coffin.

Expert

@geek46 wrote:

DID ANYONE NOTICE?????

-=Ray=- 

using the wrap around of a menu is a great thing, like you, I can't figure out why they would remove that feature (still available with press of xfinity button though).

Expert

@TerriB wrote:

There is already a new thread you may be interested in: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/DVR-is-not-recording-the-buffered-portion-of-a-live-program/m-p/2495...

Edit: I have tried to record using guide and by just pressing 'record' and both methods start recording from current time and no buffering. One more nail in the coffin.

on a different thread comcast said that would be fixed in 2.0..p15 by end of april.

edit: well i searched for p15 and find only a reference to this thread. so may be wrong

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

on a different thread comcast said that would be fixed in 2.0..p15 by end of april.

edit: well i searched for p15 and find only a reference to this thread. so may be wrong

You gave me a glimmer of hope and then dashed it....lol. I don't have much hope they will fix the buffer issue. My goodness if they won't allow recording buffering what other basics can we hope to 'keep'? We have lost so many already.

What I would really love to know is how they manage to undo stable functionality while updating or adding.  This have been going on way too long. Absolutely no quality control at all.

Silver Problem Solver

Terri, it is supposed to be fixed in 2.0p15s1.  Sorry I can't find the post.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

Thanks Robert, let me know when to start holding my breath for that update...lol

Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

FYI-

WHile I was changing fro work this morning at 0400, both DVR's received an update..... after checking both of my XG1-A's are now on 2.0p15s1....  did not get the chance to check on the live buffer recording.... Guess I will do that tonight and report back tomorrow....

Stay tuned!

-=Ray=-

Most Valued Poster

@geek46 wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

FYI-

WHile I was changing fro work this morning at 0400, both DVR's received an update..... after checking both of my XG1-A's are now on 2.0p15s1....  did not get the chance to check on the live buffer recording.... Guess I will do that tonight and report back tomorrow....

Stay tuned!

-=Ray=-

Yes please please record and report if buffer is back. I almost screwed up recording the CBS This Morning segment with Justin Spieth  for my hubby today and that would have been baaad. USUALLY it doesn't matter if I forget to press record right away because I 'had' a working buffer.  I did NOT really want to record 2 hrs of the show just for one short segment. I heard them announce him and pounced on the remote. This is ludicrous.

Silver Problem Solver

I don't remember reading about a buffer fix.  Senior moment?

Problem Solver

Seeing 1.51.07 4/8/2015 now, still seeing the same Xfinity menu lag on my Arris from 1.51.04.

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates and both - Same mo Same Mo

1.51.04 and 2.0p14s1 here. I noticed that the info you get when you press the info button was for the channel I was on before I changed to my current channel. Sometimes the info is for a show that was over hours ago if I stay on the same channel for a long time. Switching channels again and back usually clears this up but I thought they had fixed this a long time ago. Now it's back. I guess Comcastic is running out of new bugs so they're starting to reuse the old ones.

The left arrow not working after the info button is another step back.