Community Forum

Unable to Access Peacock

Highlighted
New Poster

Unable to Access Peacock

When I launch the Peacock App it tells me new equipment is needed. But, I have updated X1 equipment already. I keep getting emails telling me Peacock is included for free but I can't access it. Also, the virtual assistant in this area is worthless; only thing it gives is a description of Peacock. 

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Unable to Access Peacock

@rexxkondor wrote:

When I launch the Peacock App it tells me new equipment is needed. But, I have updated X1 equipment already. I keep getting emails telling me Peacock is included for free but I can't access it. Also, the virtual assistant in this area is worthless; only thing it gives is a description of Peacock. 

What happens when you use the voice command?

"show me peacock"

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@rexxkondor wrote:

use the voice command 'about' and reply with the rest of the line to the right of "STB version"

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

If you have a Roku TV or device, you can now add the channel:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/593099/peacock-tv

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there,

Your X1 TV Box (Pace XG1v1) isn't compatible. You'll want to upgrade to one of our newer devices to access Peacock content. Are you seeing on-screen instructions to get your equipment swapped?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!