Community Forum

Two Satellite Boxes went out at the same time! Code RDK-03036

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Two Satellite Boxes went out at the same time! Code RDK-03036

Got a question for you Guru's! I have X1 service with one main DVR box and two satellite boxes. The main line from outside comes into a amp, which goes to a splitter and then out to all 3 TV's and the Wifi router.

The main DVR box works fine as well as the Wifi Router. The two satellite boxes both went out last week at trhe same time. I exchanged them after being online with a tech for an hour who said they both were bad and thought it was a bad software glitch.

Installed them both and worked great for 5 days, now same thing, both went out at the same time.

Each TV has a direct coax off of the splitter...I tried re-arranging them on the splitter thinking part of the splitter went bad but no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks-Ed

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Two Satellite Boxes went out at the same time! Code RDK-03036

@EdS1968 wrote:

Got a question for you Guru's! I have X1 service with one main DVR box and two satellite boxes. The main line from outside comes into a amp, which goes to a splitter and then out to all 3 TV's and the Wifi router.

The main DVR box works fine as well as the Wifi Router. The two satellite boxes both went out last week at trhe same time. I exchanged them after being online with a tech for an hour who said they both were bad and thought it was a bad software glitch.

Installed them both and worked great for 5 days, now same thing, both went out at the same time.

Each TV has a direct coax off of the splitter...I tried re-arranging them on the splitter thinking part of the splitter went bad but no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks-Ed

the small boxes (xid/xi3) need an xg2 (best) or DVR to use their tuners. the connection between them is called MoCA (data over coax). would you reboot your DVR? do you have a DVR and an Xg2?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your help...Yes, I did a full reboot of the DVR box (Along with the satellete boxes)  a few times with no luck! I was wondering if maybe that box is the issue but I have no idea if and how they work with each other.

Highlighted
Expert

@EdS1968 wrote:

Thank you for your help...Yes, I did a full reboot of the DVR box (Along with the satellete boxes)  a few times with no luck! I was wondering if maybe that box is the issue but I have no idea if and how they work with each other.

is the TV set top box working at the DVR?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes, the DVR box works fine! No issues there! 

Highlighted
Expert

@EdS1968 wrote:

Yes, the DVR box works fine! No issues there! 

what may have changed since it was working? installed anything new to the system/wiring?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It just started on both boxes at the same time.  They are not connected at all except on a splitter which I changed thinking it could be the cause. So then I took both boxes in for exchange. Worked great for a short time, then both boxes started acting up again. I tried a new amp too, no luck.

I'm guessing the Main DVR is the cause because I think I've eliminated eveything on the inside of the house except for the DVR.

I actually waived the white flag and have a Xfinity tech coming tomorrow to look at it. I appreciate your help...I'll let you know what they find!

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

You have an amp and a splitter?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I have a MRA1-15 Amp (+15dB) and a splitter. I replaced the splitter and I borrowed an amp from a buddy and tried it. Didn't help.

The amp I borrowed was a MRA4-8 and I by-passed the splitter. Didn't help either!

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Are all your boxes behind the amp? If there’s not a wiring issue, I’d look towards swapping the main box as a start of troubleshooting. Something stopped moca from communicating between boxes

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes, the Amp goes into a splitter and then all 3 TV's and the router all sperate out from there individually.  I'm no expert but I believe it's an issue with the main box as well...thanks!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for all the help. Replaced the main DVR box and it fixed the issue! Appreciate the help! Cheers!