Community Forum

TV input

BroJo
New Poster

TV input

My TV input is on “TV” , It should be on HDMI But the remote control will not allow me to change the setting?
BroJo
New Poster

Wrong TV input

My TV’s input is on TV, instead of HDMI. When I try to change it to HDMI with the remote it will not go back to HDMI. What do I do?
CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Wrong TV input

Tried using your tv remote?Reset your cable box too

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
BroJo
New Poster

I tried using the TV remote I pressed TV input, the Input list appears. When I press the right arrow to go over to HDMI NOTHING HAPPENS! It stays on TV
jav6joev
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: TV input

@BroJo wrote:
My TV input is on “TV” , It should be on HDMI But the remote control will not allow me to change the setting?

What make/model TV do you have?  Do you have a separate remote for the TV or does it have buttons that allow you to get into its menu/settings to change input source?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
BroJo
New Poster

I did pull out the LG remote and went settings. HDMI showed up, l clicked on that & PROBLEM SOLVED! Thank you
CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Try resetting your box and then try to change inputs. If your cable box is offline, some tv’s won’t register that there is anything on that input

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
BroJo
New Poster

Used LG TV remote. Went to settings. HDMI showed up. Clicked on it PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks