Community Forum

Splitting incoming xfinity signal

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Splitting incoming xfinity signal

Hello. I currently have xfinity gigabit internet and Directv satellite TV. I have 9 coaxial wll outlets in the home: one connects the xfinity internet modem to the xfinity ground cable outside (it is a single connection outside), while the other 8 connect outside the house to the directv equipment. I want to switch from directv to X1 tv. After the switch I will end up using 6 of the 9 coax outlets at most  for now (1 for internet and 5 for tv), although I may get 2 wireless tv boxes which would reduce use to just 4 of the coax outlets. What is the best way to split the incoming ground cable to the separate coaxial outlets without a significant (if any) loss of signal to either the modem or tv?   I have the directv splitters outside, but I have read that they may not be good for xfinity.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Splitting incoming xfinity signal

A four way splitter or the amp pictured(best option). Direct tv splitters are not compatible

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
3F3D63F5-FCC0-4994-8C99-E23E4F698A00.jpeg
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you. Do you know if there is a version with more outputs in case I want to wire all of the tv boxes (1 for internet and 5 for tv boxes for a total of 6 outputs)?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Yes there’s a 9 port version, substitute the 9 for the 5 on the model

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I see versions of this online that say MoCA where the VoIP Out is -6 instead of -4. Is this ok as well?