Community Forum

Small boxes not working

Regular Visitor

Small boxes not working

I’ve tried resetting the system and a few other things but I can’t seem to get the remote boxes to work
Expert

Re: Small boxes not working

@Boomerm wrote:
I’ve tried resetting the system and a few other things but I can’t seem to get the remote boxes to work

are they x1 set top boxes? how are they connected to comcast (coax, ethernet? wifi)?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Coax
Diamond Problem Solver

How far do you get? Live tv? Welcome screen? Error codes?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Blank screen. Did diagnostics and all were ok... did a reset, still blank screen
Diamond Problem Solver

Do you ever see the Welcome screen?

Silver Problem Solver

@Boomerm wrote:
Blank screen. Did diagnostics and all were ok... did a reset, still blank screen

Are you certain the coax is connected to the Comcast splitter?  Mine is in my attic.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Yes, diagnostic said good signal..
Diamond Problem Solver

Small boxes don’t have a way to check signal. Maybe start at the beginning with your equipment and what you see and when you see it

Regular Visitor

What is the diagnostic screen for then? It says signal strength is good, remote battery is good, etc..
Literally, I unplugged my working box and plugged in my new box and it hasn’t worked since...
Regular Visitor

I read earlier that if the Xfinity button is held, it brings up multiple screens and diagnostics are there
Silver Problem Solver

@Boomerm wrote:
I read earlier that if the Xfinity button is held, it brings up multiple screens and diagnostics are there

Which X1 boxes do you have?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks everyone for your help. After 3 resets, the box is finally working...