Community Forum

Sleep Timer?

Highlighted
New Poster

Sleep Timer?

Is it possible to set a sleep timer with the new X1 cable box and remote? With the older setup I could select TV on the remote and set the TV to turn off in increments of 30 minutes up to 3 hours. I so far have been unable to figure out how to set a sleep timer with the X1 remote and cable box. 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Sleep Timer?

The sleep timer is more of a tv function, there’s nothing like that on X1 boxes

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Agree Mike. I used to be able to speak into the remote and say something like “ set sleep timer for 60 minutes” and the xfinity sleep timer screen would pop up. It doesn’t do it anymore though? Or maybe I’m not saying it correctly?
Highlighted
Expert

@Hollyhere wrote:
Agree Mike. I used to be able to speak into the remote and say something like “ set sleep timer for 60 minutes” and the xfinity sleep timer screen would pop up. It doesn’t do it anymore though? Or maybe I’m not saying it correctly?

you would need your TV's remote to set a sleep timer.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

It use to work just like you said it no longer works and cant be found