Community Forum

Set top box will not pair

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Set top box will not pair

Added cable to a bedroom tv. Set top box arrived. Connected ok. Boots up to language screen. Press xfinity and info keys, get green light but get no pairing screen with pairing code. The other 3 boxes in the house do show the pairing screen but the new box does not respond. Tried 2 X1 remotes. I need a new box but stores are closed and I cannot reach a human by phone or internet. Pretty frustrated at this point.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Set top box will not pair

Are you stuck on the language screen? If so try xfinity.com/unpair and follow instructions for your remote and then try again.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

adding.... what is the model number of the box that won't pair with the remote? did you press the xfinity button on the remote? can you try another remote in your home and try to pair it to that set top box? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

XiD-C model CXD01ANI. Tried 2 remotes that work fine with the other 3 boxes in the house. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes stuck on language screen. Tried xfinity.com/unpair and got access denied cuz I don't have permission on server. I tried 2 remotes that work and pair ok on 3 other boxes in my house. Pressed xfinity and info buttons together and got green light. The paring screen came up on the 3 other tvs inthe house but not on the one I need to pair with. Grrrrrr

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Got to xfinity.com/unpair on another pc. Trying...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Will resume tomorrow. Will respond then. Thanks...

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Try holding the remote right up to the box that you’re trying to pair to

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I received a replacement box which went through setup with no issue. The box I had problems with was defective. I don't need you anymore 🙂