Community Forum

Select a language screen stuck???

New Poster

Select a language screen stuck???

Ok. Had this problem come up yesterday. Chat with online CSR told me to power cycle the remote box. That didn't do the trick. Did not get any instruction regarding entering 987 (or whatever that code was). Power cycling didn't work. Was told to exchange the box which I did. Same problem. Thinking back to my troubleshooting days, I now believed the problem is NOT with the remote box, but, rather, with the main box. I power cycled the main box then the remote box. Miracles or miracles... The remote box was now responding to the remote. So - If this happens to you, give a power cycle to the Main box!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Select a language screen stuck???

@bssnntt wrote:

Ok. Had this problem come up yesterday. Chat with online CSR told me to power cycle the remote box. That didn't do the trick. Did not get any instruction regarding entering 987 (or whatever that code was). Power cycling didn't work. Was told to exchange the box which I did. Same problem. Thinking back to my troubleshooting days, I now believed the problem is NOT with the remote box, but, rather, with the main box. I power cycled the main box then the remote box. Miracles or miracles... The remote box was now responding to the remote. So - If this happens to you, give a power cycle to the Main box!

You can also do a System Refresh for all boxes at once.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-system-refresh

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Select a language screen stuck???

bssnntt -- Thank you for reaching out to us on the Xfinity Forums. Were you able to get this issue fixed with the provided information?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!